The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Smokey mountain magic pop gun (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mikeypresto
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Profile of mikeypresto
While ordering my pizza box I noticed some of the other magic effects on this site. One thing that caught my eyes was the pop gun. This video looks very funny. I could see how you could even get extra time from the routine with a few changes. I'm sure Dan for the sake of time get a shorter quicker edit. I see it being used on this stage but I could also see a possibility of incorporating of this into a birthday performance for a finale. I spoke to one other café member who owns it and loves it is there anybody else on the café that uses this? I love to get some feedback. It looks like it's built very well.
Magically,

Mikey
MagicB1S
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville Tenn.
1039 Posts

Profile of MagicB1S
David Garrity uses this in his show, He frequents the Café but I am not sure if he visits the little darlings section. you may want to look him up and talk to him about it. I went to see one of his shows and he has a great routine with it. It is not my routine to give away so I will let him tell you all about it.
"There are Tricks To All Trades.... My Trade is all Tricks"

"An amature practices until he gets it right. A Professional Practices until he can't get it wrong"

www.Themagicchest.webs.com
bobswislosky@yahoo.com
Doug Follett
View Profile
Loyal user
202 Posts

Profile of Doug Follett
I own the PopGun, and it is indeed very well built. I have used it as advertised (although I prefer to have the silk signed rather than use the tie-dye), and also have used it in conjunction with Tim Sonefelt's Cannon Ball Circus.

When I use it with the Circus routine, I like this "gun" better than the ping-pong ball gun that comes with it. I built a larger circus cannon to store the gun in and display it on stage.

It is a fun prop to use, and I think the magic is pretty strong too.

Doug
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3722 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
I've owned it about a year and have used it quite often. LOVE it. Bought a "6-pistol case" from a hunting supply place and cut the foam to fit each piece. The balloon ring fits under the foam in the top of the case.

Steve
mikeypresto
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Profile of mikeypresto
I think it may be my next trick purchase. Dan was great to talk too. I'm so psyched to get my new Pizza box this week
Magically,

Mikey
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4141 Posts

Profile of emyers99
I just got this and wanted to post my thoughts. First, shipping was blazing fast. Within 15 minutes of placing my order, I already had a ship notice and it arrived in two days flat. Amazing. Second, the props are top notch. Everything you could possibly need is included in the package. Nothing worse than getting a trick only to realize you need to go out and buy a bunch of other stuff to make it work. Not here. This is a complete package all the way down to the paper napkins and sharpie. Third, it comes in a nice foam lined box with handle for easy transport. Great touch. Finally, the instructions are first rate and absolutely complete all the way down to some sample patter. Every single detail is covered (again something that a lot of today's effects can't always say).

I do a lot of shows but not many kid's shows. I needed this for 6 Easter shows and took the plunge. Boy am I glad I did. There is some brilliant thinking built into this thing. When I read the part about how the signed silk is loaded into the shell and remains in full view up until the time the SPECTATOR loads it into the gun...and you never touch the gun from that point forward, I smiled from ear to ear. Absolutely brilliant thinking that will fool not only kids but magicians as well. After 26 years and tons of magic purchases, few things make me smile. This made me smile.

Those of you that read my posts know that my reviews are blunt to say the least. If something is crap or not practical, I say it. This is top quality and incredibly practical and it gets my highest review. A perfect 10 and well deserved.
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4621 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
Kids love the Pop Gun. The balloon hoop is also a beautifully made item that comes with the package, likewise the wooden apple (you "wooden" want to eat it). Though I prefer to use the Pop Gun for the first part of my routine, then go onto more "difficult sharpshooting" using a "blow gun" - which means the kids get to see that the silk has vanished before it reappears in the apple. I also prefer silver foil over the paper napkin, and agree that a signed silk is stronger.
I use mine a lot, highly recommended.
mike storz
View Profile
Inner circle
Orange, CT
1353 Posts

Profile of mike storz
Love mine too!!! Very very well made. Those afraid of using a "pop gun" can use the "CAN-non" concept. I learned this from another Café member. Very very easy to do and lots of fun.

Potty- can you tell me more about the blow gun???

Mike Smile
Mando
View Profile
Regular user
Queens, New York
189 Posts

Profile of Mando
Anyone know where I can get a POP GUN? I would love one
Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2225 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
Very tempting posts. It makes me feel like ordering one very soon. And yes, my Pizza Box is in the mail. I hope I get it this week.
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2225 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
Quote:
On 2011-04-12 00:13, Mando wrote:
Anyone know where I can get a POP GUN? I would love one

http://www.smmagic.com/

Unfortunately, they are SOLD OUT!
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
Gary Shelton
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of Gary Shelton
I have been using mine since they first released. Flawless and very entertaining I use classic western music as the trick shot is completed.
Chuck Lyons
View Profile
Loyal user
Channahon, IL
264 Posts

Profile of Chuck Lyons
Thanks Guys I loved the demo of this trick I WANT ONE ! if we call and write enough maybe they will make some Demand and supply......LOL>
Chuck Lyons
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Smokey mountain magic pop gun (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL