The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » THE MOMENT from Taylor Imagineering (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
Sock Puppet Monkey
View Profile
Loyal user
235 Posts

Profile of Sock Puppet Monkey
Preorder price is only $175. Am wondering how easy the set up is and whether this is something that I can easily carry with me for those "impromptu" magic moments.

SPM
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
The Land Down Under
2126 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
Gentleman. This is brilliant. The sort of brilliant idea and clever execution that makes you want to simply jump up and down with excitement.

Benny
+Inventor of the world famous Floating Match+
+Author: Machinations (Vanishing Inc, 2020)+
EVERYTHING BEN HARRIS
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2315 Posts

Profile of Christopher Taylor
Wow, thanks Ben! Here is another interesting comment:

"The Moment" sounds like it's going to be a real winner. My familiarity with the quality of your work assures me that the effect is exactly as described. The whole thing reminds me a lot of something Aleister Crowley used to do to demonstrate his influence over strangers. I can see how "The Moment" could easily be framed to make it look like you mentally forced someone to do something at a specific time.
Bob Cassidy

Quote:
On 2010-12-23 18:32, Sock Puppet Monkey wrote:
Am wondering how easy the set up is and whether this is something that I can easily carry with me for those "impromptu" magic moments.

SPM

The short answer is yes.

Christopher
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

www.taylorimagineering.com

MAKING MENTALISM MORE IMPOSSIBLE
sieler
View Profile
New user
Cupertino, CA
63 Posts

Profile of sieler
After the viewing the promo video ... I'd like to see, well, a promo video showing at least one example of performing this.

In some respects, although there are obviously extreme differences, I'm reminded of Psyclock.

Like Bob, I'm familiar with IT's work, and am the happy owner of several items ... so I'm looking forward to learning more.
Will Tsai
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

Profile of Will Tsai
This is absolutely brilliant! Ever since witnessing the effect, I couldn't stop my mind from popping up with fresh ideas to utilize The Moment. Truly flexible and does wonders! Highly recommend it!

W.
mattjohnson
View Profile
Elite user
Canada
451 Posts

Profile of mattjohnson
Thanks all!!!

I just got back to Canada after a 3 week stint in the UK over Christmas.

Christopher and I will be spending the next 4 or 5 weeks putting the finishing touches to "The Moment" so it is ready for Blackpool and for all pre-sales. The video you have seen so far is a teaser video and we do intend on shooting a few videos of different effects in action with "The Moment" so watch this space.

To see "The Moment" in action live is to understand it completely and trust me when I say to understand it is to want it!! The pre-sale price is on until the end of January (I believe) and if you are on the fence I suggest you may want to take advantage of it as this is something really special (I know, I know, bias little old me again). You will not be sorry with this one guys and girls. Very easy to do & capable of some truly remarkable effects and ground breaking mentalism. Mentalism has never felt this organic and you can carry it with you always so it's always ready to go.

Questions?

Only too happy to help!

MJ
roblane
View Profile
Special user
Say 'toast' five times, toast toast.....
845 Posts

Profile of roblane
I've pre-ordered this and am really excited by the whole 'organic' premise. I think I've sussed the method too, and unlike a lot of stuff ( not from T. I , I should add) , I wont be disappointed when it arrives. Will the pre-orders reach us at the same time they're available in Blackpool, Matt?
Definition of a Freudian slip; Saying one thing and meaning a "mother"!
mattjohnson
View Profile
Elite user
Canada
451 Posts

Profile of mattjohnson
Hi Roblane,

Thank you for your pre-order and I know you won't be disappointed with this one! The method while possibly sussed from watching the video is completely invisible in performance and to see this performed live is one of those laugh out loud moments as the method is so very very sneaky and so very very clever, you will spend many hours just performing this for yourself and not believing what you see and hear....trust me!

I will have to speak to Christopher regarding the pre-orders reaching customers at the same time it appears at Blackpool as to be honest I am not 100% sure myself. I have emailed Christopher and will get back to you as soon as I hear. I just got back from the UK yesterday so am not up to speed on orders yet.

Cheers,

MJ
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2315 Posts

The PCBs are scheduled to arrive today and my little army of TI elves (i.e. both of them) and I will be feaverously building Moment units over the next couple of weeks. The goal is most certainly to have the pre-orders out BEFORE Matt and I leave for Blackpool, which looks perfectly doable at this time.

Christopher
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
Just watched the demo... Hmmm very interesting indeed. Start saving ready for Blackpool I think.
Michael Clifton
View Profile
Loyal user
214 Posts

Profile of Michael Clifton
I've always wanted to replicate Derren Browns word association prediction where randomly spectators go round in a circle and end up with a random asssociated word which is prepredicted in the centre of the table. Could this effect be used to create this momment?
Whether you think you can or you can't, you're right!
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2315 Posts

Quote:
On 2011-01-13 17:29, Michael Clifton wrote:
I've always wanted to replicate Derren Browns word association prediction where randomly spectators go round in a circle and end up with a random asssociated word which is prepredicted in the centre of the table. Could this effect be used to create this momment?

Michael: I will PM you. The Brown/Nyman routines, like the brilliant word association effect, are often comprised of far more goings on that what is seen in the video recording. That being said, it would be possible to create a SIMILAR routine using The Moment. An intriguing scenario, to say the least. As far as I know though, this premise is Brown's.

Christopher
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

roblane
View Profile
Special user
Say 'toast' five times, toast toast.....
845 Posts

Profile of roblane
Thanks for the responses guys! I didn't mean to imply that the method was visible to specs, Matt. I have the advantages of the demo and reading this thread. This is gonna be great!
Definition of a Freudian slip; Saying one thing and meaning a "mother"!
Michael Clifton
View Profile
Loyal user
214 Posts

Profile of Michael Clifton
Thanks for the pm Christopher I am sure ,owning solstice and real ghost that it should be a useful bit of kit!!
Whether you think you can or you can't, you're right!
mattjohnson
View Profile
Elite user
Canada
451 Posts

Profile of mattjohnson
Ahhh to have the advantage of a demo ;o)

Watch this space as we have filmed a few more demos in studio to show you a number of possibilities with "The Moment". No frills, flashing lights or people running away screaming just honest to goodness demos of effects possible with "The Moment". The first should be ready in the next couple of days!

Cheers,

MJ
Piers
View Profile
Inner circle
A Limited Edition of
1394 Posts

Profile of Piers
And it's a one person effect?

Sounds intriguing!

Piers
Smile

www.justgiving.com/piers-cancer-fund

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-2

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-3

Finished my 4 months of Chemotherapy in 2009. 3 monthly checks since... and into 2021!

As seen on the QE2 and QM2.

Author of Salem's Cornucopia - SUC Book
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2315 Posts

Piers: One person effect; no confederates, yes. Cheers.

Christopher
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

drorwis
View Profile
Regular user
Israel
103 Posts

Profile of drorwis
Hi Christopher, I sent you a PM.
The effects sounds awsome...
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2315 Posts

As Matt mentioned, we will be posting no-frill demo clips of The Moment in action on YouTube. Here is a link to the first, called Voodoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jWkCD8Qzjo

Christopher
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » THE MOMENT from Taylor Imagineering (4 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL