The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » World Magic Seminar 2011 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Manager
Northern California - United States
4751 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Just a few more hours... Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18565 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
So how's it going?
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5044 Posts

Profile of pepka
I heard there was a bit of an uprising similar to what happened in Egypt due to the cancelling of the bowling tournament.
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4826 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Was it scheduled and canceled? Or did they simply not offer it this year?
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
magic4545
View Profile
Inner circle
Jimmy Fingers
1167 Posts

Profile of magic4545
An attendee told me that attendance was way down even from last years low showing.

Anyone confirm?
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
5044 Posts

Profile of pepka
I heard a few weeks before that attendance was low as well. To think that the ads for this used to read, "Join Lance, Sigfried, Roy and 1000 other notables in the desert."

Dave, I just think it was removed from the schedule. Doesn't make sense to me, it always seemed very popular. Even something for spouses who weren't registered for the convention to do.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18565 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I too am waiting for an unbiased report.
SillverFoxx
View Profile
Loyal user
A Foxx in Her Soxx has...
224 Posts

Profile of SillverFoxx
I have a particular interest in the contest. Did anyone watch? Were there any particular train wrecks? Does anyone have a list of who won?
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18565 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Foxxy one... I'd like to see a list of winners here too.
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
5044 Posts

Profile of pepka
Eric Gilliam from Alaska won the teen contest. He had competed the last few years with his "Orange act." Not sure if it was the same act or not. Eric's a great kid and works hard at his magic. Congrats buddy!
Aisling
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of Aisling
Romany won the Golden Lion, and very much deserved it, but the entire International Competition lineup was excellent — every entry was strong. The Sarmoti went to the Korean entry, but I'm afraid I'm blanking his name in my groggy stupor (just got in after driving back all night).
SeasideShowman
View Profile
Elite user
Myrtle Beach, SC
443 Posts

Profile of SeasideShowman
My friend out of Columbia, SC, Brandon Wagster, placed third in the Teen competition. Congratulations to him. Have not heard of any other winners besides those mentioned.

Cap'n Mike
Myrtle Beach, SC

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I didn't care if they were laughing at me or laughing with me ... as long as they were laughing" - Unknown
www.MagicAtTheBeach.org
"I'm with it"
Bill Wells
View Profile
Elite user
Lexington, VA
457 Posts

Profile of Bill Wells
Quote:
On 2011-03-03 06:59, Aisling wrote:
Romany won the Golden Lion, and very much deserved it, but the entire International Competition lineup was excellent — every entry was strong. The Sarmoti went to the Korean entry, but I'm afraid I'm blanking his name in my groggy stupor (just got in after driving back all night).

His name was Hun Lee from South Korea. He won the Lance Burton Teen Award a couple of years ago.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18565 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Where is Romany from? Any video clips available?
magicmanfrank
View Profile
Inner circle
1126 Posts

Profile of magicmanfrank
Was it Paul Romhany from New Zealand?

He's the fellow with the Charlie Chaplan act.
The Early Bird may get the Worm, but it's the SECOND Mouse that gets the CHEESE!!!

Frank Thurston

www.FrankThurstonMagic.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Magic-of-Frank-Thurston/116625117910?ref=nf
dove-boy
View Profile
Special user
Joe Yu (Stage Name)
545 Posts

Profile of dove-boy
No, is not Paul Romhany from New Zealand Smile

The winner is Romany(A beautiful lady) from England.

Her Sept 2010 stage act at the IBM circle ring can be seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1z3G9Giiqg

Not sure if she changes or modifed her act for the 2011 WMS...cos is 5 months ago & at the WMS 2011, No fire rule is allow & she definely needs to modifed her act a little.

The other lady, Circe (a doveworker) 2011 WMS Live act can be seen here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNs_EPk607U&feature=feedf

In magic competition ( In my personal view ),if the act has not much of original materials or any outstanding sequence, one can still win prizes with
1) nice & elegant presentation that connects well with the audience
2) very smooth flow & well rehersal act
3) Nice music & Exact timing to each move in the routine..see the guest performances by TY Tojo on WMS 20011- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMDtMdI-zNA&feature=feedu
4)PR & a nice face helps too Smile
Luke Dancy
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
836 Posts

Profile of Luke Dancy
It was great to meet so many new people! Steve Brooks, after 10 years of being a user here it's about time we met! A big congratulations to Brandon Wagster for his 3rd place finish. It was fun to see the teen competition, a lot of great acts. It's good to know that the future of magic is in good hands.

I'd also like to give a congratulations to Steve Brooks on his IMS award last night. I'm sure he's either too tired to post about it yet or just too humble but his acceptance speech was very moving. It really is up to US to mentor and make sure that the future of magic stays on track and respect the art.

Bravo Steve!

luke
andrew martin
View Profile
Veteran user
394 Posts

Profile of andrew martin
Eli came in 2nd !! He kick butt!!
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7336 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Congradulations to Eli and Brandon. I heard about both of them from my friend Jody Baron who attended..

Andy, Jody could not believe that I actually knew you. I just told yes unfortunately for you.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
andrew martin
View Profile
Veteran user
394 Posts

Profile of andrew martin
Tell Jody I met him at Doug Henning's show in Detroit in 1981 . When he was doing school shows .
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » World Magic Seminar 2011 (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.63 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL