The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » SPELLBOUND (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mtpascoe
View Profile
Inner circle
1933 Posts

Profile of mtpascoe
There use to be an ad in a 70s magic catalog for a hypnosis type bit called SPELLBOUND. The ad went something like this.

"The amazing part about these effects is that ANYONE can do them. You apparently cause anyone to become SPELLBOUND so they are unable to stand, raise a gun, read, etc."

The ad goes on to explain the four effects possible with it. Is anyone familiar with this? Is this similar to Bill Larsen's Dr. Q act where you use stooges? I was always curious about this.
dmkraig
View Profile
Inner circle
1949 Posts

Profile of dmkraig
As I recall, Spellbound (did Nelson put it out?) was simply physiological demonstrations. For example--and I won't give it away here--if a person is placed in a certain sitting position and you just touch them lightly, they cannot stand.
Mindpro
View Profile
Inner circle
9527 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
I think I remember it as well, but never owned it personally. I believe it was pretty much standard fare Body Magic and similar mind magic content available more easily in a variety or resources today.
mtpascoe
View Profile
Inner circle
1933 Posts

Profile of mtpascoe
I'm assuming that the tricks in Spellbound are probably Waking Hypnosis. But, if anyone has it and can confirm it, it would be nice. If it's worth getting let me know if it's still available. If there are better methods today, can someone share the sources if you would.
dmkraig
View Profile
Inner circle
1949 Posts

Profile of dmkraig
As I recall they weren't waking hypnosis. They were simple physiological stunts.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » SPELLBOUND (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL