The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Whats the going price for prostitution ? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
abigkahuna/1
View Profile
Loyal user
274 Posts

Profile of abigkahuna/1
Yes Doug, but the idea is a good one. It lends even more mystery that something may be "real". And that may be an angle that Ken could play. Have something like a hairless raccoon and say, "well this one here is obviously a fake--but this one here (a Higley, or what have you), this one here is a real mystery to me."
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Of course it's a good idea! I thunk it up!
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
The meeting booked for three hours on the 10th turned into a further three hours on the 11th,13th and finaly a full day on the 14th.

I have been warned (Threatened) That if I expose the full details of this "private" meeting, in any way, shape or form, the whole wrath of the powers that be (The powers being those with money and huge investors in the entertainment Industry!!) Will descend upon me, via the Courts !!

I will have nothing to do with their plans or play any part in these plans at all.

To give you the format / Future of what could take place in the UK regarding the future of Variety / Speciality / TV exposure >>>>

View >>>>>> The Magicians (On prime time Saturday night TV).
Penn & Tellers search for "Magicians" and exposure of methods (On TV in the last week).
Npw add a fly on the wall doc covering all aspects of our work, add a single Celeb, teach them everything you know over a six month period with the final insult that they will perform / do / everything that you have spent a life time learning as a climax to the series.

Will say no more on this other than I am disgusted with the whole thing.
Ashamed that so many magicians sell out so easily and cheaply.
Dismayed at the non action from >> The Magic Circle.
The IBM
The British ring.

All of them should re-read their aims and declarations and purpose of being,,,,all of them are a complete disgrace.

End of my rant.
I am not and never will be a prostitute in magic.

Ken.
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Threatened? That's pretty harsh, considering they want something from you.

Is the reason for silence, that they're trying to sell the show, and don't want their competitors getting wind of it?

I don't blame you, though. It's your call.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Harley,,,did you know that there are over 300 TV stations in India !!! So as our form of entertainment is very visual,,,let you fill in the gaps and you will see the financial possibilities for investors.

I attended with a Solicitor, Accountant and an Agent so all ends from my view point were covered. Their summing up observations were horrific.

Ken
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2582 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
Ken, did they make you sign a non-disclosure contract or a non-compete? If not, they can go sue themselves.
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
I'm not being incredulous about them threatening you...just that they would, when you're the source they want to exploit.

Who says that exploitation doesn't exist in the sideshow? Only now, it's more from media.

I'm glad they recognize that you're a story worth telling.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Nothing seemed to matter other than the financial side.
The peeps involved were into an investment which would have given them a quick profit. Scruples, entertainment nor tradition ever came into the equasion.
My sole role was that of a means to an end, I was expendable, the biz was expendable, secrets were for sale as well as the know how.

Proof that just about anyone could do this biz also the how to of it all, prooved with the climax of a flattie becoming a showman !!

This has already been tested on the Magicians TV programme. As a penalty each week to the loseing celeb, they have to undergo a forfeit !!

So far, walking on hot coals, bed of nails with bike driven over them,walking on glass and sword ladder have all been done by the celebs !! All achieved with just 15 seconds of verbal instructions carried out on stage.

Ask yourself what that tells the public about our stunts and lively hood.

Yes Nipps, a confidential agreement signed by all present has put a gag on the meetings.

Ken.
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
What's this? Principles? Integrity? Wait...isn't this the 21st century?

Three cheers Ken....from EVERYBODY I hope.

How about preparing Counter Programing that shows their Revelations (when ever they find a slime ball to reveal them) to be BS?

By the way: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopi......Bay.html

And what are 'they' interested in? His Spiked heels. Smile
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3405 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
I'm glad you made the decision you did Ken. I'm also shocked by the number of "go for its" that were posted here.

I don't think mass exposure is ever a good thing. Of course secrets need to be passed on for the industry to continue. But I think exposing secrets to those who don't need to know is one of the worst things any of us could do.

Yes, one or two people could cash in on the secrets revealed. But once they're out there that's it. With the Internet and on demand TV programes like this are available to the public 24/7. Unlike 15 or so years ago when once a program was shown that was it. These days programs live forever.

The info is constantly available to anyone for free!

I really hope that anyone who gets approached in a similar way follows Ken's example and tells them to get stuffed. Keep the secrets within the community. Don't rob the public of the wonder we create for them by using the secrets we poses. Plus, we've paid a lot to obtain these secrets. Not just money, but time.

What I do look forward to is Ken's autobiography. A book for the community. Or a DVD. Or both. I think that would be an important piece of work that needs to be created.
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Ros...I don't think the 'Go for it's' meant FULL disclosure...just some form of 'twisted' semi-disclosure. All those 'go for it's' were BEFORE Ken's graphic description of what they really required of the 'expert' contracted.

BUT having said that...those of us IN the game should be screaming for Ken's book to be written!!! Hell, I'll fly over and take on the assignment!!

(especially since ken's dialect will have to be translated into proper English.
:) )
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3405 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
I hope I read those posts wrong Doug and you're right about people only advising Ken to give out half truths about what goes on. I really do Smile
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
There is a cooling off period of 21 days, then a final meeting to involve other branches of the entertainment industry which will be considered as an arbitration move.

Now consider this,,,,I was asked to give my view of what variety on TV should consist of.
My reply that the only variety prog on UK TV was in the form of a childrens thirty minete spot weekly. I refer to the Slammer which showcases spec acts of every description, no exposure, no mickey take and no castigation in any form.

To me this is variety.

Funny enough quite a few agreed with me, so why not revamp and push this forward.
The answer was yet again, finance. Exposure, the intigue of delving behind the scenes and inside look at the human faults and blemishes of an entertainer, will in their view rocket rateings and produce a more saleable product to give a higher return.

I therefore say that the quality of entertainment and whats on offer is not regulated by us the viewer, its all controled by finance and people who couldn't give a cr@p about anything else.

Will the public rebel against their choices for them ? No. Like sheep we would sit there and do nothing other than moan about whats on !!!

So Ladies & Gents we have the solution,,,,we do what we want, when we want and how we want. We book a field, we put the flypitch out, we charge the entrance fee, perform and go down great. Cos we offer LIVE, right up close,person to person experience which NO TV screen can offer. That is why we will live forever. That is why we should tell the powers that be to get Stu@@ed.

That is why I said no.

Ken.
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Isn't it interesting, how "creative control" can't be done by committee?

BTW, Ken, if you spoke English, you'd be able to include the 2 Fs in the word in your last sentence. While it's not a curse, in the US, it's still a bit impolite.

www.bladewalker.com
The Curator of the Unusual
View Profile
Inner circle
Tampa FL
1399 Posts

Profile of The Curator of the Unusual
Quote:
On 2011-01-16 14:48, Roslyn wrote:
I hope I read those posts wrong Doug and you're right about people only advising Ken to give out half truths about what goes on. I really do Smile

I stand behind all of my posts (as always) at the time they were written, w/ the information available at that time, and influenced by how I interpreted that information...100%...No appology's implied or forthcoming...

Sincerely
The Curator
You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself.
Evel Knievel

Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Yer durn tootin'.
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
What's a durn, and why would it toot? Is that one of those southern California things?

www.bladewalker.com
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2582 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
A durn is a past tense of a darn. Tooting is their form of communication, unfortunately they can become a bit smelly. Yes, they are from California.
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Durn is 'cause I can't say *** here. Combined with 'Tootin' it's what spouts from the lips per Gabby Hays when speaking the skinnyfied truth. Gabby Hays for those youngin's who don't know, was God.
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
This is scary. Doug and I agree on way too much. Gabby was one of the absolute best character actors, in the history of movies.

www.bladewalker.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Whats the going price for prostitution ? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL