The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Onosaka purse sizes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Meshuggina
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of Meshuggina
Simple question. I'm looking to get an Onosaka purse for some coins, and I'm wondering which sizes work best for which coins.

It looks like the Regular size works well for 4-5 halves, but can you fit Morgans in it? If it can fit Morgans at all, does anybody know how many would fit?

How loose is the larger size with Morgans? How many will it fit?

Thanks in advance. I'm looking to get whatever size will hold a few Morgan sized coins not too loosely.
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
You can fit 4 morgan. They fit just right. No room for anything else but the coins are secure and don't move or rattle around. The smallest size is the only one I use.

Kind regards
Sean
Wes65
View Profile
Inner circle
I've said very little in
1219 Posts

Profile of Wes65
I use mine for gaffs. What I carry would equal four Morgans and a half and that's probably pushing it to the limit.
Wes
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1785 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
I agree that the regular size will hold four Morgans nicely. It's what I use for my standard Morgans. I tend to go for the lined purses (JOL) for coin sets that have copper and brass coins.
Sammy J. Teague
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
This is how a Morgan looks next to a regular sized purse (in case anyone is interested...) I actually have 5 morgans in this one plus a [ and sliding [. It's a little bit tight to be honest but perfect with 4.

http://m1086.photobucket.com/albums/Sean......7IvJE%3D
Meshuggina
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of Meshuggina
Thanks all.

For anyone landing here due to a search that may have had the same question, I got a couple and have 6 soft dollar sized coins in one, which admittedly prints the coin on the outside of the purse, but fits well, if a little snug. In the other, I have an Uncirc Morgan Ex Shell set and a Uncirc Morgan Triple Threat. It also shows a ring through the sides of the purse, but holds the coins snugly so they don't rattle around and works well.

I actually like the Morgans in the regular size way better than the halves. It seems custom fit for dollar sized coins.
MJ Marrs
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1111 Posts

Profile of MJ Marrs
I don't know if Onosaka even makes the "smallest" size anymore, but I have a some of his "smallest" size which only holds half dollars. I got them to experiment with a cigar routine. The SMALL (not the smallest) size holds dollar size coins. I keep my U3F set in the small size. Onosaka also makes a medium (which is sometimes listed as large); the small and large sizes both have the internal clasps. And then there's an even larger size with a Goshmam-purse type of clasp at the top. So there's four sizes total. I hope this helps.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5340 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
MJ Mars: His smallest? Can't get half dollars into Ton Onosaka's smallest purse. It's called the Mini and the largest coin it can hold is a quarter. You are probably referring to the Small Purse, which along with the Medium has the hidden internal clasp. Here's SEO Magic's page for the Mini Purse but it also shows all his other sizes.

http://www.seomagic-usa.com/catalog/prod......s_id/285

Jim
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
This is the regular size with Morgans for reference. just the right size for 4 dollar coins.

http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j447......e3e4.jpg

Kind regards
Sean
MJ Marrs
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1111 Posts

Profile of MJ Marrs
Quote:
On 2011-01-10 23:47, J-Mac wrote:
MJ Mars: His smallest? Can't get half dollars into Ton Onosaka's smallest purse. It's called the Mini and the largest coin it can hold is a quarter. You are probably referring to the Small Purse, which along with the Medium has the hidden internal clasp. Here's SEO Magic's page for the Mini Purse but it also shows all his other sizes.

http://www.seomagic-usa.com/catalog/prod......s_id/285

Jim

Hi Jim, actually the smallest size I've got (mini) does hold halves, although just BARELY. I used to carry a scotch and soda set in one, but I've since switched out to a JOL coin holder. The small size (not the mini) with the hidden clasp is definitely the way to go for carrying halves. I've had my set of four walking liberty halves and a shell for Roth's coins across in an Onosaka small purse for over a decade.

Best, MJ
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5340 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
I can't get half dollars into my minis unless I bend the frame out a bit. Otherwise halves just don’t go into them.

Jim
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Onosaka purse sizes (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL