The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Need Help From Techies (videographers-playing MGEP-TS videos?) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

AsL
View Profile
Special user
680 Posts

Profile of AsL
I need some help from any of the videographers (or techies) around here.

I own a HD Canon Vixia camcorder and I'm trying to figure out how to play MPEG-TS videos on my computer. I've attempted to download numerous codec packages and I've also tried using every media player I can think of. I, for the life of me, can't figure out how to play MPEG-TS video files on my computer. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong and somebody here could point me in the right direction.

Would anybody around here happen to have any ideas or suggestions? For what it's worth, I've followed all of the suggestions I've seen on other sites (through google) and I'm still stumped. All of the videos will play for a couple of seconds and then the videos will start to freeze up, jump scenes, and get blurry.

Also, I own a PC with vista (not a mac) if that helps (please save the jokes,thanks).

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
I'm guessing this was footage dumped straight from a card, rather than captured streaming from the camera.

If you are just trying to watch the video, I suggest you download VLC player. It plays practical everything without needing additional codecs and the like.

Another option is to capture the video from the camera an alternative way, like mentioned, streaming via firewire, captured with an editing program.

Also, I believe there are some converters out there, if you only need to watch, but VLC should do the job for you, and it's free.
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
EsnRedshirt
View Profile
Special user
Newark, CA
895 Posts

Profile of EsnRedshirt
I'm assuming Vista has all the latest patches on it?

Also- how much memory does your computer have, and how much memory does your graphics card have? Those could be issues as well. HD video can take up quite a bit of memory.
Self-proclaimed Jack-of-all-trades and google expert*.

* = Take any advice from this person with a grain of salt.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2011-01-04 15:54, EsnRedshirt wrote:
I'm assuming Vista has all the latest patches on it?

Also- how much memory does your computer have, and how much memory does your graphics card have? Those could be issues as well. HD video can take up quite a bit of memory.

That's rue. Didn't consider that alternative myself.
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
AsL
View Profile
Special user
680 Posts

Profile of AsL
Thanks for the responses guys!

gdw- I pm'd you.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Need Help From Techies (videographers-playing MGEP-TS videos?) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL