The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The latest flash products from www.flashmagic.co.uk (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, Pa
3048 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
I too have records and only after I posted the above message did you respond personally for the FIRST time after placing the order. Did you mention that I tried numerous times to place an order because your website had issues? This is the response I get from trying to do business with a newcomer to The Café.
I rest my case.
Guilt will betray you before technique betrays you!
bluedragon
View Profile
Veteran user
346 Posts

Profile of bluedragon
Quote:
On 2011-01-21 23:05, davidpaul$ wrote:
I too have records and only after I posted the above message did you respond personally for the FIRST time after placing the order. Did you mention that I tried numerous times to place an order because your website had issues? This is the response I get from trying to do business with a newcomer to The Café.
I rest my case.

Why did you have to post negativity at all in this forum? Talking to other Café members about your experience with us has got nothing to do with them.

Why do you insist on glamorising the whole situation to make it look worse than what it is? You can argue the toss all night long about this and still glamorise it to look worse than what it actually is.

I suggest you give it 3-4 more days and if things don't improve, email us, rather than winge your way through it on here. Afterall, it's nobody elses problem, what's it got to do with them?

We're a legitamate company based in the United Kingdom at the end of the day, trying to make a living. If you have a problem, do not post your problems in here, what's the point? You should email us direct - sales@flashmagic.co.uk. Do not come up with the lame excuse and say we don't answer emails, we do, and I've responded to all your queries, end of.

I request this post gets locked straight away before he glamorises the whole situation yet again.

Neil.
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4936 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Would be nice if you could just lock this post when you are in the wrong.
Not a good start for a new business.

You have a seriously bad attitude for someone trying to take other people's money Neil.
James
ps


What is "glamorise"? I did a search on google and this is what came up:
http://www.google.com.tw/search?rlz=1C1_......lamorise

Quote:
On 2011-01-22 19:21, bluedragon wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-01-21 23:05, davidpaul$ wrote:
I too have records and only after I posted the above message did you respond personally for the FIRST time after placing the order. Did you mention that I tried numerous times to place an order because your website had issues? This is the response I get from trying to do business with a newcomer to The Café.
I rest my case.

Why did you have to post negativity at all in this forum? Talking to other Café members about your experience with us has got nothing to do with them.

Why do you insist on glamorising the whole situation to make it look worse than what it is? You can argue the toss all night long about this and still glamorise it to look worse than what it actually is.

I suggest you give it 3-4 more days and if things don't improve, email us, rather than winge your way through it on here. Afterall, it's nobody elses problem, what's it got to do with them?

We're a legitamate company based in the United Kingdom at the end of the day, trying to make a living. If you have a problem, do not post your problems in here, what's the point? You should email us direct - sales@flashmagic.co.uk. Do not come up with the lame excuse and say we don't answer emails, we do, and I've responded to all your queries, end of.

I request this post gets locked straight away before he glamorises the whole situation yet again.

Neil.
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
jazzy snazzy
View Profile
Inner circle
run off by a mob of Villagers wielding
2109 Posts

Profile of jazzy snazzy
My order arrived after only one week with no problem at all.
The colors are very cool. A nice visual for "Flash Coins Re-lit".

The stuff seems much denser than the regular flash paper that we get here, so I don't need to use nearly as much.
It burns fast and bright. There is some odor at close range but I'm still using too much. More experimentation is needed.
Thin strips cut to about 3/8" like to fly around like a deflating balloon which is fun and magical.

It comes in large sheets, a very generous amount for the price.
Excellent service and communication. Thanks Neil!
"The secret of life is to look good from a distance."
-Charles Schulz
LeeAlex2002
View Profile
Inner circle
1006 Posts

Profile of LeeAlex2002
Hi Neil,

You say you send abroad, but how are you able to send through the normal post office? Do you declare what is contained within the package?

Quote:
You cannot send any chemical compound, mixture or device capable of producing an explosive-pyrotechnic effect, with substantial instantaneous release of heat and gas. This includes ammunition, blasting caps, fireworks, flares, fuses, igniters and nitroglycerine.
Solid materials which may cause fire by friction, absorption of water, spontaneous chemical changes or retained heat from manufacturing or processing, or which can be readily ignited and burn vigorously.


I would have thought that flash paper comes under the above category which are prohibited?


Quote:
If we find prohibited goods in the post, we will return them to the sender or dispose of them. In some cases, the sender may face prosecution.
Yours Magically,
Lee Alex

http://www.magic2wear.com
jazzy snazzy
View Profile
Inner circle
run off by a mob of Villagers wielding
2109 Posts

Profile of jazzy snazzy
Mine arrived wet, so it wasn't capable of doing anything until it dried out.
"The secret of life is to look good from a distance."
-Charles Schulz
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, Pa
3048 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
I received my package today from the UK. It was shipped wet and you are instructed to let it dry in a warm room for a day or two. The package was shipped via DHL with no problems regading LeeAlex2002's concerns . Although I had some issues with flashmagic regarding my first time order, Neil did come through and took care of me.

Once it dries I'll let you know how it looks. I bought the red and blue flash sheets.

David Paul
Guilt will betray you before technique betrays you!
slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1906 Posts

Profile of slyhand
Davidpaul$, If you could video the colors vs the regular stuff and post it, that would be real helpful.
I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath.

Alec
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, Pa
3048 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
Quote:
On 2011-01-31 19:01, davidpaul$ wrote:
I received my package today from the UK. It was shipped wet and you are instructed to let it dry in a warm room for a day or two. The package was shipped via DHL with no problems regading LeeAlex2002's concerns . Although I had some issues with flashmagic regarding my first time order, Neil did come through and took care of me.

Once it dries I'll let you know how it looks. I bought the red and blue flash sheets.

David Paul


Ok, I let the flash paper dry and tried it out. I will say that the Flash Magic paper is very good quality and burns very nicely. I've experienced some flash paper that either burns very slowly or almost explodes in your hands. Flash Magic paper burns just at the right rate and burns completely.

Now for the colors; Wow! very nice! Both the red and blue are vibrant. The red is really red and the blue is a little lighter blue (not a deep blue) but looks great. As mentioned, the sheets are shipped wet and it takes a little work to separate ( because they are wet) but not bad. The sheets measure approx 7-5/8 inches wide by 9-1/2 inches long.

As mentioned above on an earlier post I complained about lack of communication and made a statement "Buyer Beware"
I retract that statement. I obviously received my order and Neil has contacted me to inquire about my satisfaction.
If you are in the market for some vibrant color flash paper, I recommend Flash Magic and apologize for any confusion on my part........................................ http://www.flashmagic.co.uk
Dave
Guilt will betray you before technique betrays you!
thoughtthief10
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of thoughtthief10
I too got some red and blue flash paper from Neil.It's great.it's important to let it dry completely for a good 24hrs.When the paper burns it burns at just the right speed.Great service from Neil too.

Brian
bluedragon
View Profile
Veteran user
346 Posts

Profile of bluedragon
Thanks ever so much for the very kind comments from our loyal customers. It really means a lot to us that we do provide such a high quality service and that our products meet every customers expectations. We work very hard to offer every customer the best possible service, every time, and to supply high premium quality flash products.

We'll have regular special offers for both UK and international customers. For our customers over in the US, Ireland etc, we're currently looking at ways to drive down the shipping costs, as we know the international shipping costs is fairly high at the moment, so presently, our main goal is to get the shipping costs nice and low for all you guys over the pond!

Also, do visit us on a regular basis as our store will have much more to offer in the not so distant future incl. various flash gimmicks, wand's and of course the regular flash wool, flash string etc - will be filled to the rafters in the coming months ahead, be sure to keep an eye out!

If there's anything we can do to help, do drop us an email or call.

All the very very best.

Neil.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The latest flash products from www.flashmagic.co.uk (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL