The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » 3 coin vanish....with reappear...or not? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Earful
View Profile
New user
A Magical Place, CA.
29 Posts

Profile of Earful
Have been playing around with a couple of 3 coin vanish routines. One uses gimmicked coins and there is no reappear, but you are left clean (for the most part). The other is more like a 3 coin vanish and reappear, which therefore somewhat makes it a 3 across. Just wanted to get you guys's take on a nice quick routine with different endings and which you prefer? Both of these are done by prolific magi, by the way.
---------

"live and let Amaze"
vpatanio
View Profile
Special user
515 Posts

Profile of vpatanio
I like the reappear version ungimmicked.

You could also check out Chris Kenner's Totally out of control. There are a few great routines in there...3 coin vanishes, one with a kicker ending, as well as 3 Fly and the Deep. All good routines.

I also think Ponta the Smith has a 3 coin routine, but I am not sure, I don't own his DVD.

-Vinny
mavericklancer
View Profile
Elite user
Tustin, CA
448 Posts

Profile of mavericklancer
Eric Jones's Oxy Clean Coin Routine and Homer Liwag's CoinTwo are awesome routines that look utterly impossible. Both are generally done with gaffs, but CoinTwo has a version that is done with 3 regular coins and sleeves which is almost as deceptive. I also quite enjoy Michael Vincent's 3 coin routine (no gaffs), which was on volume 2 of his Rhapsodies in Silver and Other Mysteries set. He has some ingenious ways of shuttling coins and his second vanish is particularly well constructed.

Ponta's 3 coin routine is a 3 coins across, which is one of my favorite coins across.
benjie84
View Profile
Loyal user
New Jersey
234 Posts

Profile of benjie84
Id have to vote for Liwag's CoinTwo. Great three coin production and vanish and reproduction sequence. Also take a look at some of Troy Hoosers work!
Ron Vergilio
View Profile
Special user
Murrieta, CA
835 Posts

Profile of Ron Vergilio
Marion Boykins "Grandpa Coins 2" is a sweet routine with appearances and vanishes of three ungaffed coins. Nice little routine.

-Ron
May the magic in your life never disappear

*** Lou Serrano's Steel Ball Routine ***
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Į agree with all of the above. Michael Vincents routine (based on rune klans I think) is great and has many phases. Coin Two is a nice clean routine. But if you want a quick, visual routine with no gaffs that can be done anywhere then Marions is the way to go. One of my favourites.
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4355 Posts

Profile of rannie
How about this...

http://www.vimeo.com/8223614

Just foolin around! There might be some phases that could spark some ideas for you.
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
2956 Posts

Profile of fonda57
For just fooling around that looks pretty dern magical to me.
In Williamson's Wonders there are two ungaffed three coin appearance/vanish/ re-appear routines. One is When You're Behind You're Ahead and the other is Money Talks. Both are very fun and magical.
I j
vpatanio
View Profile
Special user
515 Posts

Profile of vpatanio
I totally agree with the above about Cointwo. I own both of Homer Liwag's coin dvds and they are both incredible

-Vinny
Earful
View Profile
New user
A Magical Place, CA.
29 Posts

Profile of Earful
I have MB's Granpas Coins 2....I didn't think to seek there for this. I have playing around with C. Kenners 3-Fry effect (with no gaffs), and one from Joshua Jay. I know H.Liwags and Pontas work is astounding, not sure I have the skill yet for them...Thanks for the replies.....good stuff!
---------

"live and let Amaze"
cperkins
View Profile
Special user
699 Posts

Profile of cperkins
Chris Kenner's Three Fry is a nifty little Vanish and Production of three coins and Gary Jones and Chris Congrieve have some great ideas with a three coin production, three fly and three coin vanish in their DVD, Flying Tonight - great stuff!
To see a difficult thing lightly handled gives the impression of the impossible.
(Goethe)
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6112 Posts

Profile of Jaz
A couple of thoughts.

If you take the coins from a pocket or purse then a reproduction and returning to the pocket or purse is fine.

If the coins are magically produced then a complete vanish where they return to the unknown is fine.

Do I always do routines this way? No but I think it's a couple of nice ways to do routines.
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4099 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
Geoff latta's A Trick With Three Coins is a classic. You can find it in volume one of the NYCMS DVD series. I have a few versions out myself. Check out Triple Play on volume 5, Deja Vu coin vanish on volume 11, and my new Sliding Wild coin, on our next set of DVD's, which is a three coin production, change to copper, change to silver, then 3 coin vanish. No gaffs, I don't know the meaning of the word.
Available at dealers EVERYWHERE - RUBINSTEIN COIN MAGIC- The biggest book on coin magic since Bobo's Modern Coin Magic, and the most important since David Roth's Expert Coin Magic! Hardbound, 500 pages, 20 chapters of state of the art coin magic illustrated with 930 crisp photos! A contribution chapter from over 20 of the world's top coin magicians! This will be the book against which all future books on coin magic will be measured! Already called a Modern Classic!!
And if anyone (USA ONLY) needs some of the coin stuff used in the book, shoot me an email at rubinsteindvm@aol.com as I have some limited supplies of coins and props used in the book.
Earful
View Profile
New user
A Magical Place, CA.
29 Posts

Profile of Earful
Thanks for the insight Jaz.....makes a great deal of sense....since I am still putting a routine together. Michael, your work is legendary, I am humbled (really) that you read and responded. Could you possibly PM me with info on the new material?
---------

"live and let Amaze"
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8820 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Thanks for the kind comments about my Grandpa's Coins 2. I think another just wonderful 3 coin routine along these lines is Justin Miller's "Silver Dream." Very nice moves that were very inspiring to me. Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imXNRgmgHys&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHCn9hT_CqQ&feature=related
*Check out my latest: MBs Mini Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4099 Posts

It's not secret. The new set of dvd's , volumes
14, 15, and 16, are entitled Methods, Performances, and Presentations. They contain routines by myself, Roth, Gallo, Brewer, Franzis, Fitch, and additional material by Citino, Watkins, DeSouza, and more! The theory by Fitch one is worth more than the price of the dvds
Available at dealers EVERYWHERE - RUBINSTEIN COIN MAGIC- The biggest book on coin magic since Bobo's Modern Coin Magic, and the most important since David Roth's Expert Coin Magic! Hardbound, 500 pages, 20 chapters of state of the art coin magic illustrated with 930 crisp photos! A contribution chapter from over 20 of the world's top coin magicians! This will be the book against which all future books on coin magic will be measured! Already called a Modern Classic!!
And if anyone (USA ONLY) needs some of the coin stuff used in the book, shoot me an email at rubinsteindvm@aol.com as I have some limited supplies of coins and props used in the book.
Earful
View Profile
New user
A Magical Place, CA.
29 Posts

Profile of Earful
Mr. Boykins, you started my inspiration with coins once I got back into magic, your the greatest! Michael...is this set available yet?
---------

"live and let Amaze"
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4099 Posts

No, but I hope it will be out by the middle of February! In addition to Roth's Asian coin Act, hightlights include a great coin bending routine that won't set you back hundreds of dollars, some fantastic Okito box stuff by Gallo, Two versions of a classic card plot that has been transformed into a coin trick, a NEW idea for the Cylinder and Coins by Jean Emmanuel Franzis, a fabulous translocation effect by Doug Brewer, Voodoo revelation, now the closing routine for my act, Bob Fitch talking about stuff that is so important for the coin worker, as well as giving up a couple of his pet routines, and so much more!Close to 40 routines will make up this set, with bonus material -we have so much good stuff, its hard to select the few pieces we include with each set!
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27143 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On 2011-01-04 23:00, Earful wrote:
Have been playing around with a couple of 3 coin vanish routines. ...

Perhaps it depends on what is motivating the coin vanish behavior. Is it the coins? A nervous tic of yours? Are you making them vanish? If so, why? More importantly what's in it for the audience?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Earful
View Profile
New user
A Magical Place, CA.
29 Posts

Profile of Earful
Thanks Jonathan....I, myself...as a amateur magician have been astonished by these routines ever since I returned to magic aprox. 6 mo. ago. The premise of money will probably be my whole close-up/parlor act, with a timely economic wrinkle. I don't have a nervous tic...yet! The audience will hopefully get a combo confuse/amaze vibe. These seem to be the main motivations...
---------

"live and let Amaze"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » 3 coin vanish....with reappear...or not? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL