The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Help! Psypher impression weak! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
gregkoren
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of gregkoren
I'm trying to use my Psypher UI 2.0 as an impression wallet. I'm using the business card wallet that came with the gimmick and DVD, and have set it up per Robert Smith's instructions, but the impression is so weak I can't read it.

Has anyone else had this problem?
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
I have not but do not use such things.

Would suggest you contact Robert.

Jim
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
3988 Posts

Profile of parmenion
Or learn to read with you fingertip Smile
“I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.”
<BR>Oscar Wilde experimentaliste <br>
<BR>Artist pickpocket Professional
<BR>
<BR>Looking for the best book test in French? send me a PM!
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4306 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Sent a PM.
Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
gregkoren
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of gregkoren
Thank you Jim and magicinsight for your suggestions and help!

I realize I've been making a mistake, and now my Psypher is working fine. Sorry to have taken up valuable cyberspace.

Peace and prosperity to you both in this new year!
alpha alex
View Profile
Special user
774 Posts

Profile of alpha alex
Quote:
On 2011-01-05 15:42, gregkoren wrote:
Sorry to have taken up valuable cyberspace.

don't worry.. we have wasted more time talking about raymond with jim
Eddiep1960
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of Eddiep1960
For me is the same. Nothing more that just a waste of money. I just will use the classic card case from Annemann.
My review is here http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=111
tgplano
View Profile
Special user
Ted Gillam
614 Posts

Profile of tgplano
A spectator dropped the sharpie and it landed right on the point. Now I can't get an impression. Any suggestions as to how to fix this?

Ted
Mentalism for the Metroplex
The Futurist
View Profile
Veteran user
331 Posts

Profile of The Futurist
Quote:
On 2011-01-07 08:51, tgplano wrote:
A spectator dropped the sharpie and it landed right on the point. Now I can't get an impression. Any suggestions as to how to fix this?

Ted

PM'd you Ted
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On 2011-01-07 08:24, Eddiep1960 wrote:
For me is the same. Nothing more that just a waste of money. I just will use the classic card case from Annemann.
My review is here http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=111

1) CRITICAL: The gimmick for the im******n has a clear plastic "protective sticker" at the front (gray) side. That needs to be removed for best effect. The DVD nor the directions mention this tip... but it is mentioned in earlier threads. Get rid of the plastic sheet - it will easily peel away just like the plastic that would protect a piece of chrome or a new dishwasher, etc.

2) Make sure the pen was set right as per the DVD - small taps - so that you set it right, without going too deep.

3) Audience management: Make sure you ask the spectator to hold the pen and card-box/wallet/pad "UP SO THAT I CAN'T SEE THE WAY YOUR PEN IS MOVING OR WRITING" (as mentioned by B. Smith in the DVD). This is prety key I have found - If the spec put the gimmick flat and then starts writing at a hard angle, you definitely will NOT get a good im*******n. You need to make certain the spec has to almost write at an unnatural angle - pretty close to straight on if possible. I have almost no trouble with this as I mention to hold the deck or wallet up higher so I can't see the way they are writing. Sometimes people laugh a bit when I say this, but if they aren't listening ...I look at them and say I can see their pen moving - so hold the deck/wallet and pen higher. This results in a more straight on and clear im******n.

4) I always try to give an extra "prep" to the gray side (im******n side) of the gimmick before a performance. I use a mag*** to prep the gray side completely, then erase. This seems to train the fibers/filings (or whatever it is) to work more effectively. THIS IS AN IMPORTANT TIP!

5) Make sure you ask the spec to write clearly - as they see the name, etc in their mind - I also mention see the name in block letters. Be careful about who you choose too - I have made the mistake of picking people who purposely write small or messy (Doctors!) and I now try to choose the right (or should I say write!) person based on my sense at the moment.

With these bits you should be getting everything you need and more.

Here is a good thread to read too:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......start=90

BRETT
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Folks, I just picked up on this thread and I'm having the same problem; no impression. I bought mine from a Café member and supposedly was new. I tried the card and deck phase and absolutely nothing. I took the plastic film off the gimmicks, but I do note that the M****t in the felt tip is below the surface of the tip and may be the culprit. Anyone know if it can be re-set to the proper depth in the tip? I know you can switch the inside cartridge to a Sharpie, per the DVD, but no mention on whether the m****t can be pushed back out again. also, I noted that my particular marker is NOT a quick erase, but more permanent. It can't be erased from the back of the card, or the deck box. It is version 2, so I'm wondering what y'all think too. Appreciate any info and PMs per original post. thanks folks....best, bob
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Bumping this in hopes someone sees my post before it gets lost! Thanks!

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
I strongly suggest that you get the ParaPad and/or the ParaPen construction kit. The problems you are having will cease to exist.

Best-

Bob Cassidy
runeflax
View Profile
Loyal user
225 Posts

Profile of runeflax
Quote:
On 2011-01-21 19:22, mastermindreader wrote:
I strongly suggest that you get the ParaPad and/or the ParaPen construction kit. The problems you are having will cease to exist.

Best-

Bob Cassidy

The ParaPen / the m*****s that come with the construction kit are not strong enough to be used with psypher.
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
If that is the case it probably has to do with the superior quality of the m** film supplied with the ParaPad. I have used this for months now and find it to be one of the best imp devices available. Both handwriting and pictures give excellent results.

Good thoughts,

Bob
runeflax
View Profile
Loyal user
225 Posts

Profile of runeflax
Quote:
On 2011-01-21 19:49, mastermindreader wrote:
If that is the case it probably has to do with the superior quality of the m** film supplied with the ParaPad. I have used this for months now and find it to be one of the best imp devices available. Both handwriting and pictures give excellent results.

Good thoughts,

Bob

Actually, it has to do with the inferior quality of the Psypher gimmick.
I own both - Psypher and the Parapad, one of which rests in my drawer...
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Look I own both and both work well.

The key with the Psypher pen gimmick is to only tap just enough so that the pen barely writes.

B. Smith does a great job explaining all on the DVD - New pens are readily available for $10 http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=2150

I love my Parapad too but my Parapad Staples pen just dried to the bone recently - why? From lack of constant use apparently as the insertion of the gimmick affects the cappilary action of the fibers in the pen according to Thomas... meaning you need to use it or lose it. Their new Parapen kit should solve many things and sounds great - and Thomas is sending me a new pen - and as everyone knows their service is over the top great!

But I simply cannot deride Psypher as it has always been reliable for me. If someone buys a used Psypher without perhaps watching the calibration portion of the pen on the DVD then it is not surprising that some may not be getting good results.

Parapad is an incredible tool and so is Psypher - Two different but great animals.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On 2011-01-21 00:40, Bob1Dog wrote:
Folks, I just picked up on this thread and I'm having the same problem; no impression. I bought mine from a Café member and supposedly was new. I tried the card and deck phase and absolutely nothing. I took the plastic film off the gimmicks, but I do note that the M****t in the felt tip is below the surface of the tip and may be the culprit. Anyone know if it can be re-set to the proper depth in the tip? I know you can switch the inside cartridge to a Sharpie, per the DVD, but no mention on whether the m****t can be pushed back out again. also, I noted that my particular marker is NOT a quick erase, but more permanent. It can't be erased from the back of the card, or the deck box. It is version 2, so I'm wondering what y'all think too. Appreciate any info and PMs per original post. thanks folks....best, bob

The dry erase pens are what are used - even for the pens that have a regular Sharpie exterior. Since you bought this used it sounds a little suspicious - try buying a new pen or calling /emailing Papercrane (Mandy) and I'm sure they can try to help.

I mark my Psypher pends so I know that they are different - it would be very easy to lose it among all the Sharpie pens I own (I exchanged my dry erase for the Sharpie shell).

Good luck - I would get a new pen before "writing off" a great product like Psypher Smile
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Thanks folks, I think I'll just go for a new Psypher pen. Y'all have been a big help. best, bob

ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1946 Posts

Profile of ted french
I think there has been several thousand sold(dont want to say the actual number but its enough to drive the average mentalist nuts) psyphers sold and rarely is there an unhappy customer, I am no longer associated with the product but I am close with th owner of the company and across the board people seem to be extremely happy. Same goes for parapad although I am not sure about there numbers sold.
P3
practice practice perform.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Help! Psypher impression weak! (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL