The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » No Touch CSB (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Bill Citino
View Profile
Special user
Doylestown, PA
837 Posts

Profile of Bill Citino
Hi all,
Wow, I think it's been quite some time since I actually posted anything. Anyways, I'm posting this in here because of the routine and not necessarily the gaff itself. Does anyone know of sources for a no touch CSB routine? I'm working on something and would like to do some research on past effects. I'm hoping Mr. Neighbors might chime in as I'm curious if he has explored this in the past.

Thanks!
Bill
mystre71
View Profile
Inner circle
martinsburg west virginia
1693 Posts

Profile of mystre71
Hey Bill, How are ya?

I'm not sure I follow what you by no touch CSB. Do you mean you have C,B in one hand and a S in the other and they transpos? and how many times or phases? I've seen single phases of larger routines that could be discribed this way.
Walk around coin box work check it out here https://www.magicalmystries.com/products
Bill Citino
View Profile
Special user
Doylestown, PA
837 Posts

Profile of Bill Citino
Yo Joe!,
That's basically what I'm looking for. The CB in one hand and the S in the other, and then they transpose without the hands touching. I'm not really worried about phases or how many times it happens, moreso just what's been done already. I should clarify, I'm hoping to that there is a clean show as well, i.e. both hands show exactly what they have prior to the transpo. Hope that all makes sense.

-Bill

PS: I didn't forget about the call that I owe you. I'll give you a shout soon!
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
SANKEYS FLYING SHUTTLE PASS WILL DO THE TRICK
VINNY
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On 2011-01-05 22:12, vinsmagic wrote:
SANKEYS FLYING SHUTTLE PASS WILL DO THE TRICK
VINNY

perhaps you could also use his HPC/CPH. He did a simple C-S transpo that way at a lecture and it looked good.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Hi Bill,
Yea I had a handleing like that about 20 Years ago! Smile Sort of like Roth's Copper/Silver! where thay would keep changeing back and forth 5 or 6 times! Or just off the of my head You could have the gaff in one hand showing the copper and brass coins, the silver coin in the outher hand, and the real copper and bress C.P'ed now pick up the silver coin and backpalm it. and toss out the copper and brass coins as you turn over the gaff in the outher. And if you can backplam two coins you can repete the change as many times as you like! You just have to just have to work how to get in to it. and how to get out of it! SmileOk hope you can understand that! I am not a writer!
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
I have a phase in my CSB assault that is no touch. I pick the coins up out of a spectator's two hands and they instantly transpose. I drop them back into her hands and they transpose again. Do a quick YouTube search for "Coin Man Walking". It is the very first thing you see on the demo clip.
Click to visit:
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4675 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
In my first book, Intermediate and Advanced Coin Technique, I have a no touch two copper one silver routine, with no gaffs. it uses a two for one change, that leaves the hands open and apparently empty.
S.E.M. (The Sun, the Moon, and the Earth) is a sun and moon routine unlike any other. Limited to 100 sets, here is the promo:
https://youtu.be/aFuAWCNEuOI?si=ZdDUNV8lUPWvtOcL
$325 ppd USA (Shipping extra outside of USA). If interested, shoot me an email for ordering information at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9988 Posts

Profile of funsway
My "3 for All" CSB routine has several "no touch" moves
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
mystre71
View Profile
Inner circle
1693 Posts

Profile of mystre71
Bill,check out some of the phases of Curtis Kam's "Tripple Alliance/2.0" also Scotty York has some nice work on this, which I believe Curtis' routine is based on? I'm sure there are more. I'm thinking most C/S/B routines at least one phase is probably no touch.

I have a phase you might like,tell ya about it when you call Smile
Walk around coin box work check it out here https://www.magicalmystries.com/products
Bill Citino
View Profile
Special user
Doylestown, PA
837 Posts

Profile of Bill Citino
Thanks for all of the responses everyone! I have a small list going right now of various routines that I know of with no touch moments in them.

Joe, I have Curtis' routine in there. And I believe you're right about his routine being based off of Scotty York's. I'd love to look into York's routine but I can't seem to track down his notes.

Dan, thanks for the reminder about your routine! I'll have to take a look at the DVD again.

Mike, I was fortunate enough to track down a copy of your Intermediate and Advanced Coin Technique but haven't had a chance to read it. Thanks for letting me know about the routine! I'll look it up tonight for sure.

Funsway, is your routine available for purchase anywhere? I would look to take a look at it.

David, I'm glad you saw the post! Not sure if it's print anywhere but if so, I'd love to know. If we have time, I'd also love to discuss this in April at 4F, if you'll be there.
harry tim
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of harry tim
I'm sure you know about this one, Bill, but I have been working on Latta's three phase c/s/b from Coinmagic, and it's really pretty. The closest they come to touching is a Vernon load at the end. Great to see this list!
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Hi Bill,
Yea We can run trou it at 4F. this year!
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
allen_m
View Profile
Veteran user
Alpine, TX
349 Posts

Profile of allen_m
A version of this could be conceived with 2 csb sets- one gaff in each hand. Would take a bit of work to get the one handed nesting / un-nesting down but, it might play well as part of a larger routine...

-ADM
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

If you're okay using the csb gaff and can do a 2 for 1 eg2eg, all set - no biggie.
mystre71
View Profile
Inner circle
1693 Posts

Profile of mystre71
Quote:
On 2011-01-06 18:35, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
If you're okay using the csb gaff and can do a 2 for 1 eg2eg, all set - no biggie.

Exactly what I've been playing with Smile That and Geoff Latta's un-nesting at the fingertips.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Quote:
On 2011-01-06 18:20, allen_m wrote:
A version of this could be conceived with 2 csb sets- one gaff in each hand. Would take a bit of work to get the one handed nesting / un-nesting down but, it might play well as part of a larger routine...

Have a look in Hoffmann's More Magic. The second item in the "Multiplying Money" section is a fingertips handling of such a gaff Smile
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
3080 Posts

Profile of fonda57
If you have Gary Kurtz Unexplainable Acts there's a routine called Four Fisted that is sort of like what you are describing. I fnothing else, it will give you some ideas.
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
In Fred Baumann's 'Milestones in Coin Magic' there's a routine called 'A.C.E.' (A.merican, C.hinese, E.nglish) or similar.
Only one extra coin.
Bill Citino
View Profile
Special user
Doylestown, PA
837 Posts

Profile of Bill Citino
Wow this is crazy, I'm forgetting about a lot of routines that I already knew about lol. I have some adding to do to my list. David, I look forward to hanging out in April! Would love to show you what I'm working on. Joe and Jon, I'm interested in the eg2eg 2 for 1 change. That would be very interesting to work with.

Thanks to everyone thus far for all of the responses. It looks like I'll have some research to do.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » No Touch CSB (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL