The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Looking for jumbo penny... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

John Ekin
View Profile
New user
Orlando, FL
6 Posts

Profile of John Ekin
I'm looking for a very good quality jumbo penny; NOT the 3" one's that are readily available, but the one's that are all copper and are the same size of a silver dollar (about 1.5"). I've misplace mine and now they're very hard to locate. Thanks for any help!
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6112 Posts

Profile of Jaz
Brad Burt, a member here, has the best.

http://www.magicshop.com/catalog/the-sudbury-ii-penny.htm
MJ Marrs
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1111 Posts

Profile of MJ Marrs
Yep, Brad's the man to turn to for these. Mine has lived in my pocket for about five years.
RJ Hunt
View Profile
Elite user
Lakeland, FL
466 Posts

Profile of RJ Hunt
I post a thread a few years ago, I had came across a silver dollar/penny coin (Copper/Silver) and a silver dollar sized penny in a collection of stuff I bought from an estate sale. I am still trying to find a routine that goes with these. Right now I am only using the dollar size penny for the JC Wagner "Poor Man's Matrix"...Anyone know if anyone had published a routine using these coins. I think mine were made by Sasco, which is probably the ONLY good piece they ever made...LOL.

Thanks,
RJ
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24107 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
The pennies are known to us as English Pennies.
RJ Hunt
View Profile
Elite user
Lakeland, FL
466 Posts

Profile of RJ Hunt
Quote:
On 2011-01-07 02:09, Dynamike wrote:
The pennies are known to us as English Pennies.

Not the same thing. We are talking about normal US pennies...BUT they are the size of a Ike Silver Dollar. They were marketed as a novelty item before magicians started using them way back in the 70's.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24107 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
It looks like I will be having an extra coin in my pocket this year.
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1785 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
I haven't seen Brad's Sudbury II coins, but I'm sure they are great. About six months ago Paul Green advertised some brand new original Sudbury pennies that he had found in his collection. I bought a couple. They are beautiful. He had a number of them. You might PM him to see if he has any left.

Sammy
Sammy J. Teague
Jumbopenny
View Profile
Loyal user
Bay Area, Northern California USA
250 Posts

Profile of Jumbopenny
I have both the original Sudbury pennies and Brad Burt's Sudbury II's. They are both beautiful coins. I wouldn't hesitate to purchase either. The originals are near impossible to find though.
NicholasD
View Profile
Inner circle
1460 Posts

Profile of NicholasD
If you're persistent, you can find the original Sudbury penny on Ebay. Over the last five years, I've purchased about a dozen of them from various sellers. I've paid as little as $5.00 for one. I think the most I paid was $15.00
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5763 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
I prefer the half dollar size. If you're on a budget, here's another link: http://magicmethodsonline.com/cup.html It's near the bottom of the page.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Looking for jumbo penny... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL