The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Fame is Fleeting Game (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..25~26~27~28 [Next]
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5024 Posts

Profile of landmark
Criminal?
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5024 Posts

Profile of landmark
Hint or answer?
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1195 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Kevin Maas played first base (and DH) for the Yankees, and briefly looked like the second coming of Babe Ruth. He set records for fastest player to 10, 13, and 15 home runs (fewest at bats), and finished second in Rookie of the Year voting in 1990. He hit 22 homers in his second year, but struck out a ton and had a low average, and ended up washing out of the majors with 65 career home runs, but for one shining moment (ok, a few shining months) he was hitting better than one homer for every ten at bats.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5024 Posts

Profile of landmark
Nice. A perfect candidate for the game.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5024 Posts

Profile of landmark
I'll jump in here, if Lobo doesn't mind:
Miriam Carey.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1195 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Wasn't she a judge on Dancing with The Stars?

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5024 Posts

Profile of landmark
Not that I know of. It's a little too early for a hint.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5024 Posts

Profile of landmark
Okay, you wouldn't have known her name before the beginning of this month.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5024 Posts

Profile of landmark
Think the nation's capital.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5024 Posts

Profile of landmark
Y'all are going to hate yourselves in the morning (actually I had to look her name up too, so don't feel too bad).

Quote:
NEW YORK (AP) - The family of a Connecticut woman who was shot to death by police after trying to ram her vehicle through a White House barrier plans to hold a funeral for her next week in Brooklyn. A lawyer for Miriam Carey's sisters, Eric Sanders, says a wake will be held Monday from 5 to 8 p.m. at Grace Funeral Chapels. The funeral will follow Tuesday at 10 a.m.
The 34-year-old Carey was shot last Thursday. The high-speed police chase began outside the White House and ended near the U.S. Capitol. Her 1-year-old daughter was inside the vehicle but was unhurt. A federal law enforcement official has said that Carey's mental health deteriorated in the last year and that she had delusions President Barack Obama was in contact with her.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5024 Posts

Profile of landmark
Here's one that you may have missed: Edward Snowden. If no one gets the answer by this evening I'll post my answer.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5024 Posts

Profile of landmark
Well, no one came up with Ed Snowden. Admittedly, that would have been tough if your only source of news is NVMS. He is an American patriot forced to live in Moscow. His revelations of government treachery and violations of the Constitution include this latest story reported in that radical newspaper, The Wall Street Journal:

Quote:
Claiming the same authority as the NSA does for its bulk collection of domestic internet and phone data, the clandestine Central Intelligence Agency is compiling a "vast database" that includes the personal financial records of Americans, according to the Wall Street Journal.

In a news story published Friday, the Journal reporting shows the CIA program "collects information from U.S. money-transfer companies including Western Union" and that some of the data goes "beyond basic financial records, such as U.S. Social Security numbers, which can be used to tie the financial activity to a specific person...

It is unclear, however, how oversight of these operations has been conducted because, as the Journal reporting indicates, lawmakers were only made aware of this program during inquiries that followed in the wake of the Snowden documents in the last several months."

http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2013/11/15-0?print

Thanks, Ed, you will not be forgotten here.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1195 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
I thought you were kidding about Snowden. I have one that I'm pretty sure will stump the panel, but it's a good (if dated) story that I guarantee everyone is familiar with. But I won't jump the line if you have another name you want to drop.

landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5024 Posts

Profile of landmark
Of course I was kidding about Snowden. As someone around here likes to say, "Of all the casualties of the Internet..." etc., etc.
Please go ahead.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1195 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Larry Layton

landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5024 Posts

Profile of landmark
Doesn't ring a bell here.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1195 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Different person involved in the same story: Bob Ryan

Feral Chorus
View Profile
Elite user
CA
470 Posts

Profile of Feral Chorus
Uncle.

Care to put another name out?
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5024 Posts

Profile of landmark
Layton Gets Life in Ryan Killing
March 3, 1987 |From Reuters
"Larry Layton, a Peoples Temple member convicted of conspiracy in the 1978 killing of U.S. Rep. Leo Ryan in Guyana, was sentenced today to life in prison with possible parole in five years. Ryan, a California Democrat, was shot to death along with four other people near the Peoples Temple jungle compound in Guyana. After his slaying, more than 900 members of the sect led by the Rev. Jim Jones died in a mass suicide."

Mary Murphy (not the choreographer from So you think you can dance)
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5024 Posts

Profile of landmark
Hint: she was the female co-star of an iconic film.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Fame is Fleeting Game (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..25~26~27~28 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL