The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The International Brotherhood of Magicians! » » Longest term? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Paul Budd
View Profile
Elite user
It's a shame he's only made
435 Posts

Profile of Paul Budd
I had a whimsical thought earlier today: I wonder what has been the longest single run for any given person to serve as President of a local Ring? Our current President (Ring 266 - - Tyler,Texas) just started his 3rd consecutive year as President.
His face isn't really this long in-person!
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
I'm not sure the Global Internet Ring 2100 counts as a "local ring" but I've served as President since 1993
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
Just my personal opinion, but it seems to me that serving more than two terms in any office limits the growth of any club. Fresh ideas, unique leadership styles and new solutions to old problems prevent burn-out among the leaders and keeps a club active, growing and fun. Sharing the responsibility of leadership with all members, even those reluctant to serve at first, helps everyone experience and understand the difficulties involved.

Just a thought.
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
Paul Budd
View Profile
Elite user
435 Posts

Profile of Paul Budd
....I'm not entirely sure that I disagree with you on your points.
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
Doesn't have a thing to do with your excellent question, Paul. I jest felt the need to pontificate a bit. Smile And Dave has done an EXCELLENT job on Ring 2100! Just sayin'...
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
Paul Budd
View Profile
Elite user
435 Posts

Profile of Paul Budd
Y'know...our Ring is a little funny....in large part, I like our President......but he's been behaving a bit Monarch-ish here lately!
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
You should have By Laws that address the election issue. Presidents are only there if the membership wants them to be... or if nobody else wants to do it which is typically the case.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
spatrick
View Profile
Special user
Tom Sawyer let me whitewash these
517 Posts

Profile of spatrick
Our local ring by-laws stipulate that a member cannot serve more than 2 consecutive years as President.

S. Patrick
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The International Brotherhood of Magicians! » » Longest term? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL