The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Devil's Bottle DVD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
MagicMan1957
View Profile
Inner circle
1446 Posts

Profile of MagicMan1957
Miraclemakers
View Profile
Special user
INA
677 Posts

Profile of Miraclemakers
Yes, looks interesting, anyone have it?
randirain
View Profile
Inner circle
Fort Worth, TX
1612 Posts

Profile of randirain
I don't have it, but I learned the secret many years ago.

I have to say, that is a very expensive DVD to learn how to do something you probably will never do.

It's very time consuming and you have to have access to something most people don't.
I'm not saying you couldn't get access to what you need, but it's a lot of trouble to go through just to make a bottle break.

You have to ask...
Is it really worth it to make a bottle break?
For me... no.. it's not.
That's why I have never done it, and I learned how to do it about seven years ago.

But for others... who knows.

Randi
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4932 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
I agree with Randi. There are other PK demos much safer and easier than this.
Also, you have to drop something inside the bottle to make it shatter.
Cool science, boring magic.
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Lou Cirulli
View Profile
Special user
587 Posts

Profile of Lou Cirulli
The dvd is not out yet. I DID order it though. From what I understand James created this dvd as a big "F U" to Kevin Curtain who was arrested for something involving children. Curtain sold the effect for $1,000.

http://lpcprof.typepad.com/law_and_magic......-in.html
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5649 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On 2011-01-08 01:29, Lou Cirulli wrote:

The dvd is not out yet. I DID order it though. From what I understand James created this dvd as a big "F U" to Kevin Curtain who was arrested for something involving children. Curtain sold the effect for $1,000.

This is normal modus of operandi, to take full advantage of the helpless and the needy.

I fully agree with Randi and James.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
randirain
View Profile
Inner circle
Fort Worth, TX
1612 Posts

Profile of randirain
Quote:
From what I understand James created this dvd as a big "F U" to Kevin Curtain who was arrested for something involving children. Curtain sold the effect for $1,000.

If that's true, I am tempted to give out the secret for free!!!

Randi
Lou Cirulli
View Profile
Special user
587 Posts

Profile of Lou Cirulli
Quote:
On 2011-01-08 03:12, Ustaad wrote:

This is normal modus of operandi, to take full advantage of the helpless and the needy.

Smile

Ustaad. I value your opinion greatly on these boards. But helpless and needy? Is that what you would call a child molester?
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4932 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Send him off to Snake River penitentiary so he can be cellmates with Jim Pace.
Two for one child molesters.
Sad,
James

Quote:

http://lpcprof.typepad.com/law_and_magic......-in.html
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
2995 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Quote:
On 2011-01-08 04:31, Xiqual wrote:
Send him off to Snake River penitentiary so he can be cellmates with Jim Pace.
Two for one child molesters.
Sad,
James

OMG. Is that true about Pace? I just found his booking photo on the web. D**n. What a shame. I met him once for lunch, and he coached me on his strolling Miser's Dream routine. Great guy, with chops and some terrific effects. Hope this turns out to be a mistake.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4932 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Pace was sentenced and now resides in Snake river.
James
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5649 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On 2011-01-08 04:18, Lou Cirulli wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-01-08 03:12, Ustaad wrote:

Smile

Ustaad. I value your opinion greatly on these boards. But helpless and needy? Is that what you would call a child molester?

That was pointed towards the helpless and needy children. I'm sorry if my post read/ meant otherwise.

Smile
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
mindguru
View Profile
Veteran user
319 Posts

Profile of mindguru
This effect looks great, but if it's as time consuming as those in the know say it is. Then it is not for me.
Lou Cirulli
View Profile
Special user
587 Posts

Profile of Lou Cirulli
I just had a lengthy discussion with James Clark regarding the Devil's Bottle dvd and I wanted to share the points he made to me about this product with everybody else. Enjoy!!

- My total investment to make the bottles, $95. Yes, that included the "big" ticket item people always freak out about. Mine was hardly used, and I got it on craigslist.

- I get the bottles for free and explain how anyone can too. I have bins and bins full of them. My total investment, gas to go pick them up and bring them back to the workshop.

- Currently, I have over 100 bottles on the shelf ready to be used for performances. My actual time making them, where I personally had to exert any effort (ie., turning things on, putting the bottles on the shelf, etc) is about 5 minutes per set of bottles. Period. It's far from time consuming. Making them is nearly automatic once you have things set up and you really know what you're doing. People who say it is hard have likely never done it themselves, or they took other people's word and what was told to the magic community in the 12 page directions -- that it was hard. It's not. Actually, it's one of the easier products to make. Try making a custom set of handcuffs -- not THAT is work.

- The equipment can be used to make all manner of things, not just the bottles. As it relates to THIS basic effect, you can make many variations like apothecary bottles, mason jars, wine bottles, and others.

- You do not have to "drop" something in the bottle and rattle it around if you don't want to. There are alternative methods that I've developed that work fine and get the bottle to break. But either way, I have never had anyone remotely question my presentations for dropping things in the bottle -- because of the way I present it. It is the easiest way, for sure. No doubt. But again, it's all about the routine. DB, if I recall correctly, did a flat-cap in bottle and then broke it with his mind. I liked that. Didn't see the spectator say a word but "Oh S&*t!" of some other choice word.

- I've used these bottles to get repeat bookings, and it costs me less to use them then it does to use light bulbs for PK effects, or any other glass breaking PK effect. At the end of the day, the proof is in the pudding. Those who know it and like it, will use it. Those who don't like it, won't. If you've seen Keith Barry, Cyril, or Penn and Teller do it, then you've seen the reactions.

- The details originally released are far from complete. The DVD is, and includes critically important information that was left out.

- Safety is not an issue, unless you are careless and unsafe. Making them is no more dangerous than other hobbies, and the effect itself has never hurt me or a spectator cut ever. I've had a bottle break inches from my face while I concentrated on it while it was on a table without any issue at all. The glass doesn't shatter or explode as one might thing, it breaks from the bottom downward as if the bottom of the bottle is shooting off towards the ground. When on a table, it breaks and falls over.

- Given that it was sold for $1000, I'm pretty sure the 1 hour DVD for 1/10th of that will kick some people in the teeth, but they need to blame CK for that; he's the one that did it. I'm remedying that situation and providing a LOT of information that you can't get anywhere else -- yet.

- By ALL MEANS use my DVD as a template and make your own video or write up your own instructions and sell them or even give them out for free. I don't care and I openly support competition and freedom of speech. I think, quite frankly, there should be more of it.

Sounds like a great product to me!
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5649 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Very nice review. Thank you.

This has made me to rethink. Considering getting this. Smile

Smile
P.S. Is there going to be an instant download as well? That will help save on time & money.
randirain
View Profile
Inner circle
Fort Worth, TX
1612 Posts

Profile of randirain
Uh huh.

Well, the person that told me how to do it stopped doing because he got tired of cleaning broken glass out of that "big ticket item".

I stand by what I said.
Too much trouble, and too much money, just to make a bottle break.

Randi
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5649 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On 2011-01-09 14:38, randirain wrote:

Uh huh.

Well, the person that told me how to do it stopped doing because he got tired of cleaning broken glass out of that "big ticket item".

I stand by what I said.

Too much trouble, and too much money, just to make a bottle break.

Due to the following reasons I had to give it a rethink. Also it seems that James Clark has shared his real practical experience(s) on this.

Quote:
On 2011-01-09 04:18, Lou Cirulli wrote:

I just had a lengthy discussion with James Clark regarding the Devil's Bottle dvd and I wanted to share the points he made to me about this product with everybody else.

* My total investment to make the bottles, $95. Yes, that included the "big" ticket item people always freak out about.

* My actual time making them,
where I personally had to exert any effort (ie., turning things on, putting the bottles on the shelf, etc) is about 5 minutes per set of bottles. It's far from time consuming. Making them is nearly automatic once you have things set up and you really know what you're doing.

* The equipment can be used to make all manner of things, not just the bottles. As it relates to THIS basic effect, you can make many variations like apothecary bottles, mason jars, wine bottles, and others.

* You do not have to "drop" something in the bottle and rattle it around if you don't want to. There are alternative methods that I've developed that work fine and get the bottle to break.

* The details originally released are far from complete. The DVD is, and includes critically important information that was left out.

Given that it was sold for $1000, I'm pretty sure the 1 hour DVD for 1/10th of that will kick some people in the teeth, but they need to blame CK for that; he's the one that did it. I'm remedying that situation and providing a LOT of information that you can't get anywhere else -- yet.

Smile
P.S. I look forward to an instant download.
Vorezo
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of Vorezo
Ok so who will buy it then write up some instructions and sell it to me for cheaper?
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5649 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
I have decided to purchase the DVD. Sorting out a minor shipping related problem.

Smile
P.S. Sorry, I don't resell my DVD's. Smile
MagicMan1957
View Profile
Inner circle
1446 Posts

Profile of MagicMan1957
Has anyone got this DVD yet and successfully make some Devil Bottles?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Devil's Bottle DVD (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL