The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Robert Nelson's "Sleep Card" from his "Master Course of Hypnotism" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

drhackenbush
View Profile
Special user
684 Posts

Profile of drhackenbush
Just picked up an old copy of Robert A. Nelson's "Master Course of Hypnotism", which mentions that it includes his hypno-disc and a "sleep card" that is handed to a subject for them to read, which should then put them under. The hypno-disc is printed in the book, but the sleep card is not there. Does anyone know what it was?
Thanks.
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
I assume a card that just said close your eyes and pretend to be asleep. It works, you know.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6131 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Do you know that's what the card was Tony? Or are you just pretending to know?
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
I'm guessing. That's why I said I assume. But I have a card at home which I bought in a magic auction which contains just those words. There is a lovely hypno-spiral on the front side. So it's an educated guess. Maybe someone else has the actual wording, but I would be surprised if I am too far out.

Of course, it could be a scratch card, containing a dose of ether.
Shane Masters
View Profile
Regular user
Columbus, OH
157 Posts

Profile of Shane Masters
I have a similar book coming out that I am writing as we speak. One simple question is all you have to ask to put people to sleep.....ahem.... " Does this rag smell like chloroform? " -Shane
The Cerebral Assassin
dmkraig
View Profile
Inner circle
1949 Posts

Profile of dmkraig
Years ago I saw a show in Santa Monica, California. One of the performers, about to do a levitation, said, "I am now going to put my assistant into a hypnotic trance faster than any person in history." Whereupon he whipped out a deck and said, "Pick a card. Any card," and she promptly went into a "trance."
drhackenbush
View Profile
Special user
684 Posts

Profile of drhackenbush
I'm also wondering if it was an "OK, act like you're going to sleep" type of thing - which seems to be within Nelson's style. Almost sounds like the "Act of a Yogi Hyp".
quicknotist
View Profile
Special user
888 Posts

Profile of quicknotist
It seems you can still get it here:
http://www.trickster.com/catalog/ma-bookpage5.html
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6131 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Quote:
On 2011-01-11 01:26, dmkraig wrote:
Years ago I saw a show in Santa Monica, California. One of the performers, about to do a levitation, said, "I am now going to put my assistant into a hypnotic trance faster than any person in history." Whereupon he whipped out a deck and said, "Pick a card. Any card," and she promptly went into a "trance."

All catd tricks do that to me.
Shane Masters
View Profile
Regular user
Columbus, OH
157 Posts

Profile of Shane Masters
Quote:
On 2011-01-11 14:48, All catd tricks do that to me.

Even the ones using nudie cards?-Shane
The Cerebral Assassin
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6131 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
I don't approve of that sort of thing. Exploitation of the female form. Unless I can get my hands on it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Robert Nelson's "Sleep Card" from his "Master Course of Hypnotism" (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.85 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL