The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Play a long or real trance state (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mchiko07
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of mchiko07
Who can I a beginner Hypnotist, notice whit accuracy if my subject response is just play a long whit the suggestion or is real unconscious response. I know I must get for physiological cues, but aside that, is any other cue?

Thanks!
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Profile of Anthony Jacquin
Yes. Their sense of involuntariness. Check in on that.

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Reality is Plastic! The Art of Impromptu Hypnosis
Updated for 2016

Now on Kindle and Audible!
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Why should it matter? It's a show, and whether they are playing along or in a trance (or whether such a state even exists) is completely irrelevant. What matters is that they are responding and under your control.
mchiko07
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of mchiko07
Quote:
On 2011-01-09 14:05, TonyB2009 wrote:
Why should it matter? It's a show, and whether they are playing along or in a trance (or whether such a state even exists) is completely irrelevant. What matters is that they are responding and under your control.

But if a person is just "playing along" that means the subject is not totally under your control. He can stop anytime he want. If he is in a sort of trance, or "unconscious" state, he's responses are involuntary, he is "under" your spell. I think.

/Sorry for my English/
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
The audiene can tell the difference. you want to get rid of anyone "playing along" as soon as possible.
Shane Masters
View Profile
Regular user
Columbus, OH
157 Posts

Profile of Shane Masters
I know guys I have immense amount of respect for do not care if they are hypnotized or not.....just so long as they play along. Their logic is that its an entertainment show and as long as the audience is entertained, it doesn't matter.

I disagree with this logic as I only want people that are hypnotized....it is an hypnosis show..... Not people pretending to be hypnotized show. To me, it would be like going to a concert where the band and singer aren't performing, but, playing along to a pre-recorded track. As a paying customer, I want to see the real thing.

There are ways to tell if someone is or is not hypnotized or they are not going to be a good responder. Even if they are hypnotized, they may not be the best at performing on command as you want them to be.-Shane
The Cerebral Assassin
mchiko07
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of mchiko07
Another question. If you know someone if just playing along, can you tell, by your own experiencie, this subject is just on step to be hypnotize o is complete waisting on time to get this person go "under"
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Sometimes someone plays along in a sort of "knowing" way, and everyone knows that they are not under. So I eliminate them. But the vast majority play along as if it was genuine, and I retain them on the stage. I suspect many performers, without realising it, are doing the same.

If someone decides to play along, and does it well, they will do what you say and are as much in your control as anyone on your stage.
mchiko07
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of mchiko07
Thanks for yours answers.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Quote:
On 2011-01-09 22:24, TonyB2009 wrote:
Sometimes someone plays along in a sort of "knowing" way, and everyone knows that they are not under. So I eliminate them. But the vast majority play along as if it was genuine, and I retain them on the stage. I suspect many performers, without realising it, are doing the same.

If someone decides to play along, and does it well, they will do what you say and are as much in your control as anyone on your stage.

How do you know they play "along as if?" Surely by definition you can only play along if you know or are aware.

You can't play along and have amnesia for example. If some one is responding properly then its in a way they cannot do normally. And they have very little or no control of. To me that's not playing along. that's responding unconsciously in a way that is intended. You can go along with it until you either go into the hypnotic state or jump out of it.

After that you either play along or your hypnotised. Total difference.
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Mindpunisher, I don't agree. Some people play along in a very self-conscious way, and I eliminate them. Others throw themselves totally into it. If you quiz them afterwards they will tell you that they remember everything and could have stepped off the stage. But they didn't. They are the ones I keep.

I don't believe in trance, as you know. But if I am wrong, I still see no difference between those legitimately under, and those who are playing along but going along with everything completely. In a therapy context there might be a difference, but not in an entertainment context.

That's why shows such as Telepathy In Action, or the Dr Q routine, work so well.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Perhaps our different beliefs generate different experiences. My shows always have two types of volunteers. Those that say they are aware but have no control over what they do and could not stop themselves. And those that say they can't remember a single thing. With the latter being the most common.

Perhaps beliefs generate different experiences? I had one person once say he could've stepped off stage and was faking it. But after being questioned it was clear that he couldn't remember 80% of what went on...To me that's not playing along.

Telepathy in Action and the Dr Q routine are pseudo acts and never claim to be a proper hypno act if I am correct? They are two different things.

But no point going over old ground Tony I accept your point of view. How is this year looking? Are you planning many hypno shows?
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
We do come at it from different mind-sets. Last year was very quiet here, but I think the pick-up is beginning. If not, I can always go back to bank robbery. My family have a history in that sphere.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
I get a sense that things in general are picking up here too. I might have another go at doing shows if I can find the right venue.

In the meantime when are you going to release your bank robbery methods? I might be interested.
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
The bank robbery idea was inspired. A distant cousin of mine, in the second last recession, faked a film permit, then arrived at a bank in Dublin just as the security van arrived with the money. He was in a van done up in the logo of a television company. He showed them the permit and told them he was filming a Crimewatch sort of reconstruction. His actor would take the money, run around the corner, and hand it back. The eejit in the security van handed over the money, the actor grabbed it and ran. My cousin drove around the corner, picked up the actor, and they made off.
He was caught a few days later, but the money was never recovered. He did his time, got out, and opened a shop on the strength of the proceeds. So if any of you are looking for a quick cash injection and want a good scheme, there it is. But I feel I should get a percentage for pointing you in the right direction.
Scott M
View Profile
Special user
Apex, NC
524 Posts

Profile of Scott M
My experience with Telepathy In Action (TIA) reveals people more in a trance than some of the hypnosis shows I have seen.

It was unintentional...and yet unavoidable.

I hope to try my version of Dr. Q this year...I have read that it can lead right into hypnosis.

-Scott M
Shane Masters
View Profile
Regular user
Columbus, OH
157 Posts

Profile of Shane Masters
Quote:
On 2011-01-10 19:56, mindpunisher wrote:
Perhaps our different beliefs generate different experiences. My shows always have two types of volunteers. Those that say they are aware but have no control over what they do and could not stop themselves. And those that say they can't remember a single thing. With the latter being the most common.

This is the majority of what I experience as well.-Shane
The Cerebral Assassin
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Play a long or real trance state (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL