The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Step right up! » » Good pitch idea (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

iugefu
View Profile
Veteran user
387 Posts

Profile of iugefu
I got friendly with a guy recently who 'worked' our town during the season.
He does balloons and bird whistle combined.
He asks no money for the balloons, only donations if you wish, and whilst sculpting the balloon animal makes a noise with the bird whistle.He carries a board around his neck
Whistles $3
Balloons ?
Doesn't work from a stall,travels light and just works the crowd (kids)-makes real good money.
Not a bad combo! I reckon by having the balloons as a donation he does better than if he had a price on it.
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
I know guys that have done balloons animals for donations.None of them seemed to have done very well.But I really don't know.There are two different kinds of bird whistles out there.The one that's tin with a reed inside that you put in your mouth called a "birdy" Don't like this one because a kid could swallow this one and choke.Lots of problems there.The other one is shaped like a bird that you add water and blow in its tail.There are cheaps one out there that don't work very well.You have to get the better one.I know David Walker tried this type last Christmas (2009).He did OK but not great.

Later,Don
iugefu
View Profile
Veteran user
387 Posts

Profile of iugefu
I forgot to add that some places pay him to be there (2 shopping malls), about $50 for the day.
Not bad starting the day $50 up rather than down.

As an aside he is a scary sight: potbellied,permanent bloodshot eyes, a racking cough, smidgens of teeth and a cheapo red hair dye that seems to have strangely also illuminated his skull. But a mensch.
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Some people just don't care what they look like while dealing with the plubic.The vid I just found of a mouse worker in NYC looks a bit rough.I'm sure their home looks just as bad.I just don't get it one bit.At least hes a mensch...

Don
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Step right up! » » Good pitch idea (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL