The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Just curious, who does not perform Magic at all on this board? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2011-01-10 00:38, Pakar Ilusi wrote:
What I mean is who does not even dabble at all in Magic here?

There are some that I never see anywhere else in The Café except here...

Some people who dabble in magic may READ the other forums on The Café but do not post there for any of a number of reasons.

Some people who dabble in magic may simply post their magic thoughts elsewhere for the most part, e.g., at Genii. The Genii forum has some great magic discussions ... but the powers that be over there frown heavily on anything "Not Very Magical".
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1995 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
I don't know if they understand you Pakar. But I really doubt you'll find anyone on this board who has absolutely nothing to do with magic.

They would at least need an interest in it to find this forum, only to find the non-magic part of it I imagine.
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1974 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
[quote]On 2011-01-10 12:14, stoneunhinged wrote:
I do not perform magic at all. But I've got a sort of "thing" about it that some have tried to help me with in PMs and emails. I'm a wannabe who just never has the guts to really go out there and do it.

At some point I thought, "Well, I shouldn't keep posting at the Magic Café...", but then thought, "What the hell?". I'm here. I've got an unofficial post count much larger than my official post count, but that's my problem. I've got thousands of dollars worth of videos and books and cards and Higleys and other great stuff, and my wife ridicules me for not using it. But you know, never say never. Some day I may get over my "thing" and...THEN...I will be well prepared.

That's my story.

Well, your a hobbiest, that counts too.
Stage hypnotists and inventors of coin tricks are welcome too.
One of the last living 10-in-one performers. I wanted to be in show business the worst way, and that was it.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
So it looks like just Destiny, and me are full time magicians here.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
I am a full timer too, more a Mentalist nowadays though... Smile

Anywho, glad you're all here... Smile

This part of the board does not feel like so much "work-related" to me as the other parts of the Caf�. And, I love that fact...

Those who perform for a living will know that there are days you just do not want to talk shop at all after a run of 20-30 straight shows back to back... (Glad for the work but it can get overdone in the head sometimes, at least for me...)

Can't go to the Pub with you guys as we are so far away from each other, at least we can meet here. No designated driver needed as well... Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2011-01-10 18:58, Al Angello wrote:
So it looks like just Destiny, and me are full time magicians here.

Well, the question was who here doesn't at least dabble in magic? So I suspect most of those who do dabble or more did not bother to reply. (For the record, I do perform.)
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Balducci, Dave buddie
Of course you are absolutely right.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
EsnRedshirt
View Profile
Special user
Newark, CA
895 Posts

Profile of EsnRedshirt
Hey, now. I may not perform (apart from a single charity show just after college), but I do know you how you made that coin appear. (Don't worry- I won't tell anyone else. I do respect the Magician's Code!)
Self-proclaimed Jack-of-all-trades and google expert*.

* = Take any advice from this person with a grain of salt.
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1995 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
Quote:
who are here who don't perform Magic at all?

Quote:
What I mean is who does not even dabble at all in Magic here?

He wanted to know if there is anyone here who has nothing to do with magic, not even dabble. Unless I am completely missing what he asked, but he did reiterate the question.
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Thanks Josh.

Yes, that's what I meant.

Someone who has nothing at all to do with Magic. Other than watching it of course.

Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Just curious, who does not perform Magic at all on this board? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL