The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Magician Wax (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
jnrussell
View Profile
Loyal user
Michigan
207 Posts

Profile of jnrussell
Obviously depends what you need it for, but I find a product called "Stick-Um Candle Adhesive" works well. Comes in a handy round tin too. A little dab'll do ya!
John Russell
Mastering Magician
www.TheMasterMagician.net
djurmann
View Profile
Inner circle
thinks time to practice and stop writing
1481 Posts

Profile of djurmann
Out of curiosity I understand some peopleuse bees wax for thread work. Would you use hard or soft?

D
ralphs007
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of ralphs007
[quote]On 2011-01-17 14:09, Jaxon wrote:

Having said that. The only "wax" I've ever really liked for IT work is the stuff Steve Fearson sells and recommends.

Great stuff, better than the flesh putty that comes with the Le Clair Animator dvd.
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him".
James D. Miles
Dale J. O'Neill
View Profile
Regular user
I can't believe I only have
132 Posts

Profile of Dale J. O'Neill
Magicians wax is the same wax orthodontists use with their paitents who wear braces. You can get it at any drug store or orthodontist office.I just compared the wax my daughter got yesterday with my magicians wax. It is exactly the same stuff.

Twist
Twist,

Magically misdirecting you, one effect at a time.....

www.misdirectionist.com
donrodrigo
View Profile
Special user
U.S.A. and Europe
635 Posts

Profile of donrodrigo
Owen,

Bees wax generally has a high cost depending on the purity.
In the supermarket and or your international section and some do have it, the cheese section like for example baby bellcheese or any soft mozzarella type have a wax coat, it's very good wax. I use it.
In your fine theatrical costume and make-up shops clown section.

This one may sound a bit morbid: Local mortician.
TheGreatRaymondo
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
969 Posts

Profile of TheGreatRaymondo
The best wax out there is Mesika wax by Yigal Mesika. It comes in pellet form (just the right size)
and in a neat little tim. Its expensive - but it is good.
We are inclined to believe those whom we do not know because they have not yet deceived us...
Gary.P
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of Gary.P
Hi guys

Please can someone tell me what is the best magicians to use for cards as I would like to make up a deck of 26 matching pairs of cards with red and blue back's that hold firm but are easy to spread apart when needed as I would like to try an alternative to roughing spray.
MRSharpe
View Profile
Special user
Never a dull moment with
940 Posts

Profile of MRSharpe
If you want an adhesive that is very close to invisible look into Tony Gerrard's Card Attack. It's not wax, but it could be used to attach IT to skin. The invisibility would depend on the handling.
Custom Props Designer and Fabricator as well as Performer from Indiana, USA
Jason Hutton
View Profile
New user
Atlantic City, NJ
36 Posts

Profile of Jason Hutton
Hard wax definitely needs to be rolled and broken in. You want hard wax for IT or ITR work. I use Mesika wax when using a ITR. I like that it comes in individual pellets and it is clear.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Magician Wax (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL