The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » School of Busking 2011 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Lady Vee
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of Lady Vee
Hi All
The School of Busking 2011 is now accepting applicants
The dates - 6,7,8th May 2011
The place - Cardiff the Capital of Wales UK, (Easy to get to alone the M4 from London or up or down the M5 north or south)
The Venue - The NoFit State Circus new training centre in central Cardiff

The course runs over 3 days. It is an intensive course with lots to learn and provides a positive environment to learn the art of Street Performing, there are over 30 hours of workshops, lectures and performances packed with fun and information.

Places on the course are already being booked, we can organise good budget accommodation where hopefully all the students and lecturers will end up staying.
For this to happen you need to contact me as soon as you can.

The Lecturers
Mario Morris - This year Mario Morris will again host, lecture and instruct at this unique and creative course - find out more about Mario at http://www.mariomorris.co.uk
Malin nilsson - We have the pleasure of inviting Malin to our team this year, her experience is broad and she regularly performs in theaters and the street's. Malins main input will be - focus on Character in our performance and technical handling of magic.

During the World Championships of Street Magic, held in Germany 2010, Malin and her performance partner took 3rd place and was very much a hot topic amongst the street performers there - bringing a very much needed female input to the world of Magic and street performing, holding her own as a Master of Magic.

We realised that Malin was perfect for a role in the School as she shares her skills with a passion. Find out more about Malin at http://www.malinnilsson.se/eng/malin_eng.htm

For more details or if you have any questions contact me at veronicashow@hotmail.co.uk or go to http://www.schoolofbusking.com or post your qwestions on hear.

Lady Vee
Magic1
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles
408 Posts

Profile of Magic1
Looks Great Veronica! And Malin is just fantastic.

Have a great course!

PS May 4th is my birthdayËœcelebrate with lots of learning, big well-shaped tips, and fat hats
GERRY
vernon
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
559 Posts

Profile of vernon
Hi Veronica and Mario,

Wish I could be there for it, but the comuute is a bit offputting. Hope you guys have a great one and make better performers of us all.

Hopefully see you guys in Oz sometime in 2011

Love and respect

James James
Ivan Nikolayevich Ponyryov
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of Ivan Nikolayevich Ponyryov
If I have the funds and time I will be there!

At the moment the prospects are looking good.

Great guest teacher lined up by the sound of it too!

Short video of Malin for anyone who doesn't know her work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2YgocCGM4Q

Matt.

astonisher.net
TheTableTopTrixta
View Profile
Special user
708 Posts

Profile of TheTableTopTrixta
Matt, I'm tempted too, was gutted two years ago I couldn't make it! It really does sound fantastic!
TheTableTopTrixta
View Profile
Special user
708 Posts

Profile of TheTableTopTrixta
Im in!

Place reserved, looking forward to it!

Anyone else from here signed up if so give me a shout!

Should be great

Ash
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
Ive signed up, lol.

So far we have four others signed up or British.
There is room in the inn for for friends on the other side of the pound.

Unrelated, you may like this, I do.
Busking freands from Edinburgh.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UII8CPnJuro
vernon
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
559 Posts

Profile of vernon
Hey Mario, I remember Thise guys Awesome energy and kick ass performance. I taped Saor Patrol a few years ago and toured with them up to North of Scotland after the fringe.Just like these guys, a bunch of good folk that certainly know how to work the audience whilst giving laldi( Scottish colloquialism for giving it big time) Brings back great memories Thanks for sharing
James James
diamonddoug
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of diamonddoug
Anyone from the states that would like a native Californian living in London's perspective on this----here it is. I've atteneded the past two years and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. But, more importantly, the quantity and quality of information was phenomenal. I can't picture a better opportunity to gain the skills and knowledge----great teachers-----great venue----great energy and great beer. Enjoy, Doug
Lady Vee
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of Lady Vee
Hey Doug,
Thanks for the post - it was good to see you last year in Cambridge too. Looking forward to meeting new students in May.

We're really looking forward to this year's school and returning to our roots in Cardiff.

Again, we are going to organise budget shared accommodation - Its all part of the magic of the school... also it means we can all head back to the same place after a few pints... that way no one gets lost! Smile

Vee
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
Exciting News!

The School of Busking has gone international following succsefull tour in the US Las Vegas then Switzerland.
We now have a tour in Italy coming up in March.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxSKTBe2PrI

If you would like to host our School in your city/town get in touch, as we are planning our WORLD wide tour.

This year UK School of Busking is being held in Cardiff the Capitol of Wales, UK.

Mario
Darren Campbell
View Profile
New user
England
4 Posts

Profile of Darren Campbell
I attended the school of Busking in May 2010 and would recommend the school to anyone looking to further their knowledge of street performance. The weekend is organised by Mario and Vanessa Morris both fantastic street performers and genuine lovely people. The weekend consisted of lectures indoors covering every aspect of street work from both Mario and the guest lecturers which were Steve Faulkner and Owen Lean the year I attended. Once we had soaked up all the knowledge we were giving the chance to workshop our own routines and material and get feedback from the tutors. This process was invaluable because you got the input from three top street performers each of whom have their own style and thoughts. It literally gives you so much to think about and work on.

The Sunday was by far the ‘main event’ as we were all given the opportunity to take to the streets to put what we had learned into practice. I personally come from a performing background but the actual experience on the street is unlike anything else I have ever been involved in.

Its a perfect stepping stone into the world of busking because your confidence gets a boost from the other performers around you. Everyone was there to learn together and the comradery was amazing throughout the weekend.

Personally completing that first show and handing out my hat to complete strangers and hearing the coins falling in was an absolutely sensational feeling. The reason I went on the course was to learn form the best and get the confidence to go it alone on the streets. I left the weekend buzzing with idea that I have been developing and working on since. Unlike reading a book or watching a dvd learning from people and sharing ideas with like minded performers is in my mind the best way to learn this craft.

Darren Campbell.
RPAYNE40S
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of RPAYNE40S
Anybody know if anything like this is happening in the US
solrak29
View Profile
Special user
NY Metro
936 Posts

Profile of solrak29
Mario comes to Las Vegas sometime in October to do his school which hosted by McBride.

I went last year and I believe it is an ongoing thing that happens every year.
To Find Me On The Pitch, Follow me :On Twitter
Checkout my pseudo blog : The Sidewalk Performers Forum

"I intend to live forever, or die trying" - Groucho Marx
Lady Vee
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of Lady Vee
Hi
Just to say that Mario Morris is part of the teaching faculty again this year in October in Las Vegas at Jeff McBrides School of Magic and Mystery - Focus on Street Magic!

Also - time is runnng out to join the School of Busking, Cardiff, UK - Friday 6th of May! If you are interested please get in touch with me.

Looking forward to a great weekend with Malin Nilsson and some returning students and new students too!

Vee
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » School of Busking 2011 (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL