The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Hi Top Has Passed (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

abigkahuna/1
View Profile
Loyal user
274 Posts

Profile of abigkahuna/1
Mike Swan, Half of the Swan Brothers Circus passed away in his sleep last month at the age of 58. For all of you out here on the West Coast, you would know Hi Top and Zippy, (Andy Swan) and their playful Big Top Circus. Since 1969, they have been plying their trade. What will become of the Swan Brothers Circus is unknown. I still have to get in touch with Andy to find out. Our paths don't cross as much as they used to. I last saw Zippy at the Big Fresno Fair. I gave him a tip on a fair up north as he was looking to fill in dates.

It is with sadness that another member of the show community has moved on to greener lots. May Hi Top be entertaining the angels up there in Heaven.
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Hard workers and excellent entertainers. Mike will certainly be missed. Going that young adds extra sadness. RIP Hi Top!!!
He made MILLIONS of kids laugh. Another real Circus man through the veil. :-(
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5109 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
I only met him once. He was a good guy.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4452 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
That was a shock. They were a team all their lives. Went in his sleep, it seems. I'd love to have Andy print a book of his pictures of the circus and the years.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
Mr. Pitts
View Profile
Inner circle
David Pitts
1054 Posts

Profile of Mr. Pitts
I love that little circus of theirs. The Curator told me about them a couple of years back. Sorry to hear of him passing. I sure do feel bad for his brother, they were a team.
David Pitts
The Astonishing Mr. Pitts
Comedy Magician and Ventriloquist
http://www.mrpitts.com
Dr. Solar
View Profile
Special user
Citrus Heights, Ca.
526 Posts

Profile of Dr. Solar
I just saw Andy a few weeks ago. He is revamping the show, will downsize to the smaller tent. He did have a tentative fill in in mind but looking at all possibilities. High Top was tops for sure. A very tragic loss. I have always enjoyed their friendship and yes, Andy does have a slug of photos for sure. They would indeed make a fine book for circus lovers all about those 30 plus years.

Doc
"look for me in all things forgotten"
www.drsolar.com
abigkahuna/1
View Profile
Loyal user
274 Posts

Profile of abigkahuna/1
I wondered what Andy will do. Truly and institution the two of them.
magicmanfrank
View Profile
Inner circle
1126 Posts

Profile of magicmanfrank
I saw and spoke with Andy last month at the WFA Convention in Reno, NV.

This loss has been a major one for sure, however he is indeed continuing with the show!

=Frank=
The Early Bird may get the Worm, but it's the SECOND Mouse that gets the CHEESE!!!

Frank Thurston

www.FrankThurstonMagic.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Magic-of-Frank-Thurston/116625117910?ref=nf
abigkahuna/1
View Profile
Loyal user
274 Posts

Profile of abigkahuna/1
That's good to hear, Frank.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Hi Top Has Passed (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL