The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » The Monkey Wallet (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
MentalistCreationLab
View Profile
Inner circle
1528 Posts

Profile of MentalistCreationLab
Monkey Wallet

Hi guys and gals it 3:00 am here in Ohio as I am writing this because I want to let you know about something that I received the other day. It’s a new item called The Monkey Wallet from Mental Tek that you can make yourself from an easily found type of wallet. Now If you like me you probably have one lying in the dresser drawer right now that you purchased long ago and thought there is something I can do with this but I am not sure what?

The Monkey Wallet is the What? It is remarkable wallet that combines a secure pocket writing board with a full business card window peak in a 100% black leather front pocket business card holder. Yeah I said peek wallet and pocket writing in the same sentence. Well actual Walter said it over at Mental Tek first but anyway it’s late and I have been rehearsing my new touring show all day till midnight.

This wallet is it great its leather and innocent looking. I made one up earlier today when I took a break for rehearsal and have been playing around with it for the last few hours and I am in love with this wallet. All I can say is finally there is now a peek wallet that I can also use for pocket writing what a great combination.

It is not available just yet. I spoke with Mental Tek a little while ago and he said he hopes to have this new item fully available by the weekend. He also added if you do not have the skill or time to make it from the PDF instructions he will be making a few of them up for sale.

These will be a collector’s item for sure. No two ways about it.

Many of you know my love affair with mental wallets and this wallet is not only useful but a cool wallet idea as well. This thing is fabulous you will want to check it out.

PS Walter told me not to leek this until next week. So he will probably be a little mad when he reads this but I just could not wait another moment this thing is way cool.

Also I have absolutely no financial stake in this wallet what so ever. I am only letting you guys and gals in on the existence of this really cool item that will surely be a hit with you as it is with me.

I need a nap I am on the road in less month so much to do so little time.

Until Next Time

The Mystic
Bill Montana
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
No disrespect Bill, but Larry Becker, Mark Strivings, Evil Dan, John Riggs, Dr.Jaks, Bob Cassidy, Ray Piatt, Roy Roth and several others have had or do have leather wallets with peeks that you can also P.W. or swami with.

Smile
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Sid Helkule
View Profile
Inner circle
Australia
1481 Posts

Profile of Sid Helkule
Perhaps Bill meant that this is the first peek + PW wallet that has actually worked for him? I also received the Monkey Wallet PDF and have had some time to test Walter's ideas. Just before xmas I inadvertantly purchased the items necessary to create this wallet, so when Walter sent me the PDF I was banging my head wondering why I hadn't though of this.

From what I've discovered so far, this is the easiest wallet to PW with, and I own a few. I was using my Panther but I think Mental Tek's creation may mean that I retire it for good.

Well done Walter! Smile
WDavis
View Profile
Inner circle
1276 Posts

Profile of WDavis
Quote:
On 2011-01-13 03:37, Roth wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-01-13 03:00, MentalistCreationLab wrote:
Monkey Wallet

Yeah I said peek wallet and pocket writing in the same sentence.

All I can say is finally there is now a peek wallet that I can also use for pocket writing what a great combination.

Until Next Time

The Mystic
Bill Montana

No disrespect Bill, but Larry Becker, Mark Strivings, Evil Dan, John Riggs, Dr.Jaks, Bob Cassidy, Ray Piatt, Roy Roth and several others have had or do have leather wallets with peeks that you can also P.W. or swami with.

Smile

Roth,

while you are correct in saying that there are other Peek Wallets from many wonderful creators/performers, this wallet is not a Peek Wallet in design like other wallets on the market.

The Primary function of my business card wallet is for clandestine writing. The Peek function is an added bonus.

I own the Hideout and put it in my drawer as it is too bulky for my needs like was so many of the wallets I looked at, not to say anything wrong with your wallet designs they are just not for me.

I found most wallets tried to include too much functions simliar to a leatherman tool. all these additional functions make many mentalist wallets bulky for me.

For a day to day wallet I ended up using Docc's Serpent because of its sleek design.

I wear suits almost every day or non-pleat slacks (I don't like the poofiness of pleats) so bulky wallets in a front pocket doesn't look right. Also, when it comes to comes to business cards, like most corporate professionals,I don't keep them in my personal wallet, but rather in a business card holder.

And when networking if I would perform or take out a business card, I would remove my biz card and put the case away.

I never held my personal wallet out in front of me to N.W. with, as I didn't keep my cards there to begin with.
If I NW with the Monkey I am able to do so, without all the extra fumbling.

my wallet is designed to be sleek taking up less room in your pocket than a card box.

Again, The Monkey Wallet climbed down from the tree of inspiration because of the following conditions:

-no bulk in my front suit pocket
-normal enough to be used by corporate professional business cards
-easy to write without the need to slide my finger between any folds or use any zippers to function
-a natural peek function that can be used without drawing suspicion quickly clearly while putting my card holder away.

For those interested the wallet is available starting Monday at http://www.mentaltek.com

Bill,
I am not upset with you posting this and I am glad that you and all the others that saw my business card wallet are liking it.

I didn't want to put this out to the public yet until Monday because I am picking up my shipment of materials later today and will spend the weekend making these up for sale.

I don't believe in taking peoples money without having the wallets to ship out. It is part of MentalTek's goal to ship out quality products to the performer within 48 hours of order. Again, this is because I hate the extra delays and waiting for the mail for an order to arrive after I've paid for it.

my best,
Walter
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Walter:

The wallets that were mentioned (Roth's BC wallets, the SUC, and John Rigg's work with a certain commercial item spring to mind) do exactly what you say yours does and fit the working criteria you mentioned. Might I suggest that you consult someone who may have more knowledge of the items that have already been on the market to ensure that you are not recreating something someone already has out there? It could save a bit of heartache. My suggestion would be Tony Razzano. He is honest, trustworthy, and has no commercial interest in the area other than he already owns more than 100 wallets.

Tony
Tony Razzano
View Profile
Inner circle
South River, NJ
1600 Posts

Profile of Tony Razzano
Thanks for the kind words, Tony.

Walter asked me about his wallet the other day and I saw the PDF. I will be getting one soon and will post a review. But for now, let me say that it does all that he says it does, but there is a bit of a difference from the others in the method and construction. In my opinion, it is different enough from the rest for me to see that this is an independent idea of Walter's. All of the others mentioned above are fine wallets/card cases.
Best regards,
<BR>Tony Razzano, Past President, PEA
Winner of the PEA"s Bascom Jones and Bob Haines Awards
WDavis
View Profile
Inner circle
1276 Posts

Profile of WDavis
Thank you again Mr. Razzano for your reply.

Walter
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Mental Tek - cool! Another new enterprise with a noble vision! I can hardly wait to get this goodie Smile Nice site too... I'm going to put a link up at Carcosa for it...Smile
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
Let me clarify something. I'm not questioning Walters wallet, method or development. I wish him the best for his creation.

I was just pointing out to Bob that Peek/PW business card cases have been around a long time and some very well known creators have made and sold them.

Bob, innocently enough posted in a way that struck me as appearing to discover for the first time a wallet that could do both these things.

BTW Walter, the Hideout does not have a PW function. It a multiple out/peek wallet Smile
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Sid Helkule
View Profile
Inner circle
Australia
1481 Posts

Profile of Sid Helkule
Let me elaborate on my post here so I don't look like I am targeting Outlaw (which I wasn't) as some of their wallets are very good:

I own a Hideout, Magnum, Opus Diablo (shudder) and Panther. I think the Hideout is a brilliant wallet for indexing. I used to use the Magnum but some of the seams came apart after about 6 months. The Opus Diablo was terrible. The Panther was excellent. I have been using the Panther for PW and peeks until now, and it's a brilliant little wallet once you remove the 3M.

I posted that the Monkey Wallet will replace the Panther for me as a PW wallet due to how rigid and stable the writing is. I stand by that statement.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Please, let me say my piece:

First, Rick was correct in posting his response to the misinformation in Bill's enthusiastic post. Peek & PW have lived alongside each other in the same wallet for decades. But if you are new to this stuff, you may not know that. There are a lot of specialized areas in our field.

Second, Sid has every right to use whatever device he owns that he wants to use. His initial comment did not come across as a sleight on anything. To put his comment in other words, “I use “A” but if “B” works out as I think it will, I’ll use “B”.

Anything after that, I won’t comment on.

I eagerly await what Tony “R” will say.

Tony
Sid Helkule
View Profile
Inner circle
Australia
1481 Posts

Profile of Sid Helkule
I too await the other Tony's thoughts on the Monkey Wallet.

I also forgot to mention another thing I really like about this wallet - the way it looks. While I like the plain and simple look to many magic/mentalism wallets out there, they have never looked like something that I would carry. The Monkey Wallet DOES though; those who purchase the wallet or PDF will see what I mean.

That's it for me on this thread, good luck with it Walter! Smile
Simon (Ted) Edwards
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1528 Posts

Profile of Simon (Ted) Edwards
Gentlemen,

It sounds like an interesting new wallet is soon to be available. There are loads of these already, and I'm sure there will be loads more in the future. Nothing does everything for everyone, and you can probably achieve what any of these things offer with just a few bits and pieces you already own. But it's all good fun so let's enjoy it.

Boring old f*rt lecture over. Thank you for your time Smile

T.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Cool effect! BTW, I still love the SUC... so I look forward to Walter's invention... because I hate full size wallets... I love little thin cases for all the functions.

Also, I agree with Tony I - Tony R is trustworthy and good guy all around.

Aside: Walter - I'll trade you one of my "Rats in the Walls(et)" case for a Monkey Wallet Smile.... PM me... actually I'll PM you
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
WDavis
View Profile
Inner circle
1276 Posts

Profile of WDavis
Thank you everyone for your interest and well wishing for my wallet. I picked up the shipment from the supplier and there are some minor differences than the original design that I think will actually be a PLUS for the users.

I won't mention the changes, BUT I WILL say that I specifically made The Monkey today for Tony Razzano and I will be mailing it to him ASAP for review.

Like everyone else I am eager to hear his thoughts on this.

my best,
Walter

Dr. Spektor: I replied
JohnWells
View Profile
Inner circle
The Southern Wild
1791 Posts

Profile of JohnWells
I've always wanted a peek wallet, but never wanted to just buy one that I wouldn't use as an actual wallet. This intrigues me. Two questions: 1. CAn the PW bit be ignored (not my thing) while leaving the peek intact (is this a pointless question), and can this be put together by a man with, at best, basic craft skills? Think slow five year old level.
MarkRobertson
View Profile
New user
Lincoln, NE
51 Posts

Profile of MarkRobertson
Count me as one that is looking forward to this review.
Tony Razzano
View Profile
Inner circle
South River, NJ
1600 Posts

Profile of Tony Razzano
Dr. Spektor,
Thank you for your kind words.
Best regards,
<BR>Tony Razzano, Past President, PEA
Winner of the PEA"s Bascom Jones and Bob Haines Awards
WDavis
View Profile
Inner circle
1276 Posts

Profile of WDavis
Thank you all for your interest and those that have actually purchased this off my site already. I want to let you all know that there has been a price reduction than what was listed on the site. My supplier and I worked out an agreement that allows me to pass the savings on to you all.

The price for the wallet will be lowered on Monday to $40- including shipping (I will be refunding the difference to all the current purchasers) and the PDF file will be $15

I also want to let you all know that the leather wallet is being sewn together by myself and it includes a guarantee that I will fix or replace the wallet for you at no additional cost if something happens to go wrong with it.

my best,
Walter

JohnWells,
I have PM'd you
gmeister
View Profile
Inner circle
1588 Posts

Profile of gmeister
Sounds great, Walter, and while I'll be awaiting Tony R's review, I have a feeling I'll end up reaching for my other, non-gimmicked wallet once I do!

Congrats on expanding your line--MentalTek looks great and seems to be well on its way to becoming a choice spot for mentalists.

And BTW, thanks for all the hard work you put in on projects such as Pillars that benefit our community.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » The Monkey Wallet (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL