The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » New Practical Quality Effects and Magician’s Toys Are Coming Soon (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Full Effect Steve
View Profile
New user
NJ
82 Posts

Profile of Full Effect Steve
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3940 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
I just ordereed both the Mis-Made Frankenstein and Topsy Turvy coke bottles from Michael Mosher. Can't wait to get them. They look great!

Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
BScott8870
View Profile
Loyal user
Texas
231 Posts

Profile of BScott8870
I can't find the mismade Frankenstein on Hocus Pocus what did you search under??
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
I have seen the items and I'm very impressed....
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
I'm with BScott .... I can't find anything on the Mismade either.
BScott8870
View Profile
Loyal user
Texas
231 Posts

Profile of BScott8870
I found the Topsy Turvy Bottles but no Frankenstein on the site.

Perhaps they sold out already????
BScott8870
View Profile
Loyal user
Texas
231 Posts

Profile of BScott8870
Yep. Hocus Pocus only had 2 for sale.

Go to the Tricks and Effects section and you will see a thread where you can order Frankie for the maker directly.

$249
Loyal R
View Profile
Elite user
Canada
417 Posts

Profile of Loyal R
Can the Topsy Turvy Bottles be performed close to the audience? Like in a Kid Birthday show in a house?
Dare to Dream...
Flymo
View Profile
Regular user
151 Posts

Profile of Flymo
Quote:
On 2011-02-05 16:01, Loyal R wrote:
Can the Topsy Turvy Bottles be performed close to the audience? Like in a Kid Birthday show in a house?

No, far too dangerous.
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3505 Posts

Profile of SpellbinderEntertainment
Here's a review on Wack-o-Magic Innovation and Michael by Paul Osborne

MIKE MOSHER
I first met Mike Mosher in the late eighties when he rescued me by stepping up to manage my shows at Rocky Point. Mike was hired as just a cast member but I soon realized his abilities far out weighed the young man I initially hired to be the magician and company manager. From those early days Mike went on to perform and manage our shows at Enchanted Village and Six Flags. He is a Renaissance man in every sense of the word. I could always count on him to bring the “extra cheese” to any theatrical production we worked on together. As an example, before I could get costumes and make up planned he showed up like this for our Six Flags Halloween show, Freaky Follies! A look that was better than I had planned!

As a magic builder he fabricated this Genii plan, The Hand of The Wolf, that we featured one month in that magazine.

From costumes to props to scripting to performance, Michael can do it all.

Although a marvelous performer is many ways, he has also turned his talents as a make-up artist into a full time profession with many movies and well known actors and actresses as clients. I am excited to announce his new magic manufacturing company, Wack-O Magic! His first two releases are terrific, and if you don’t mind a review, I can tell you his Topsy Turvey Soda bottles are the best I have seen,
and I have seen them all from P&L to Grant’s Black Cherry versions. His are better, current, realistic and improved over all the others, and the best news is the price. As a great audience participation trick, this one can’t be beat!

I love the Strat-o-spheres as a prop. I’ve never understood why it wasn’t called the stop light trick, but who cares, Mike made a new version that is totally logical. Remember in the movies how they assembled Frankenstein? Now you can, too. Yes, it’s the monster that can’t be assembled, or can he? Like the movie, which was not a Halloween release, this prop can be featured year round! The other cool thing is that this Frankenstein is a cute little guy so he’s perfect for kid shows. Another new and clever magical prop from Mike Mosher.

Finally, Mike has the capability to make up custom feet for your illusions.
I am sure you can look to more creative magic props from the fertile mind of Mike Mosher!
francisngkl
View Profile
Special user
Singapore
509 Posts

Profile of francisngkl
Sounds like a great addition to my inventory!
Carpe Diem, Seize The Day!
Mando
View Profile
Regular user
Queens, New York
189 Posts

Profile of Mando
I just got my topsy turvy in, it is hands down amazing!, and just a quick update for anyone looking for the FRANKENSTEIN MIS MADE MONSTER IS IN STOCK ON HOCUS-POCUS.COM!
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
Mumblemore
View Profile
Inner circle
1426 Posts

Profile of Mumblemore
I received Frankenstein and was initially a little frustrated as a there was a small break in shipping. However, Michael communicated well with me, I glued the small piece back, and found the trick is a beautiful, custom-made and sleek bit of kit. I worried it might be fragile as the three pieces of the "monster" seem to be made of styrofoam. However, I can say, having dropped them a couple of times, that they are not fragile at all.

The pieces do clunk slightly in the tube and it might be worthwhile to put a little foam on the stand so that there isn't a noise when they "hit" the bottom of the tube (the surface of the stand). But I rigged a 1/2" thick foam pad on top of the stand, and it works like a charm. This is going to be a mainstay of any good Halloween show and may also be useful other times of the year. Well crafted and clever in design.

My congratulations to the designer and apologies for my initial criticisms, which were worked out with a little Crazy Glue.
makeupguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1406 Posts

Profile of makeupguy
There was an initial problem with my website.. due to a tiny typo... the contact information was being kicked back in the mail... grrr.

I've fixed that.. and the Topsy Turvey bottles.. and the mismade monsters.. and rubber fruit.. are all on my site for sale.

I have a couple of super fun things in the works.. ALL suitable for kids shows and adult entertianment. I'm going to try to put out some magic with some school show lessons.. without being preachy or corny or crappy.

Some stock items are on the way.. including the world's biggest Devil's Hank and some other props that haven't been around or have been, but haven't been well made.

I'm going to try to make www.Wack-o-magic the place to go for quality, well thought through magic props.

PS.. if there's something you want to have made.. or have an excpetional idea that's original.. let me take a crack at it.. I'm honest.. and I promise, If I can't make it well, better, or on time and on budget, I'll pass on it and save you any hassle or headache!!
makeupguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1406 Posts

Profile of makeupguy
More exciting news!!!

http://wackomagic.blogspot.com/
makeupguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1406 Posts

Profile of makeupguy
This is almost ready to go.. I thought it was done, but I sent it to a friend for testing.. and he wants me to make ONE change.. and so I am. It should take most of the day, but it won't delay shipment! I'm waiting for ONE prop to arrive that's part of the TWO routines written by Walt Anthony that comes with it.. but I know they've shipped.. and will be here any moment now.

http://www.wackomagic.com/wackomagic/Tin......can.html
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3940 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Makeupguy,

With regards to the Tricky Tiny Trash can, is it made of aluminum? I am concerned about denting it during transportation and packing. Does it come and can somesrot of protective lightweight carrying case/bag be made to protect the metal from denting?

Thank you very muhc.
Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
makeupguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1406 Posts

Profile of makeupguy
It's zinc plated steel...

I'm not going to say that it's not dentable.. but it's a GARBAGE CAN.. if it gets a bit dented.. all the better.

You can order a fiber case for it from OMEGA cases...www.omegacase.com. I called around to MANY case companies, Omega beat the price of EVERYONE by far; they'd quoted me about $100 per case. I just didn't want to add $100 to the price of the prop for a case..

I'm looking into alternatives.. but I haven't come up with a reasonable priced case yet... for now they'll pack in a well padded cardboard box.. but I'm working on something better.
makeupguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1406 Posts

Profile of makeupguy
I know this is an old thread..but it has uncompleted conversations that needed tying up.

The Tiny Tricky Trashcan (avail from me or from Hocus Pocus) now COMES WITH A CASE.. Which is a HOMER BUCKET from Home Depot! It fits PERFECTLY in the bucket... with NO room for wiggle.. and you can stand on it to reach the top shelf in your magic room!!

Also.. I have exactly TWO mis-made Monsters left.. and there won't be any more... at least not for a VERY long time. I have other projects I want to make.. and they were time consuming to make.. with each monster taking more than a full day to make, paint, cut in three, re-paint, and do the final finish...

Hocus Pocus got most of the last of my stock on these...

The topsy turvey soda bottles are now for sale world wide.. in 7 different countries at magic shops!!! and a new MATCHING silkola is in the works too!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » New Practical Quality Effects and Magician’s Toys Are Coming Soon (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL