The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Whats possible with hypnosis (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6131 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
You got a stutter Ant?

Sorry Ant isn't hiding he's lurking in the darkness hoping Bobser will speak up for him..
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11912 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On 2011-01-20 13:17, mindpunisher wrote:
That shows appreciation --- first he causes this huge argument now he calls us little girls?

Its a bit ungrateful isn't it?



If he comes to the Penny thread, it will be much delight. Plenty of animosity over yonder.

Stokes: I did not read the entire thread but check out that Malaysian dude who walks up to strangers and makes them into statues. I cannot think of his name but plenty of You Tube videos.

Doing hypnosis for the first time is similiar to doing your first bold card trick surrounded. Frightening to say the least but its a matter of just doing it. So what if they don't go under or pretend to. Just get back on the horse. Wait til you meet your first sonambulist then its cloud 9.

Decomposed
Zerububle
View Profile
Elite user
Poole
430 Posts

Profile of Zerububle
Quote:
On 2011-01-20 11:09, mindpunisher wrote:
Since Ant is in hiding ( I think its the most sensible thing hes done in ages)and not here to defend himself I'll let it go this time. So Ihear your going boshing, creating hypno chimps with your fellow head hacker James bubble next week? The man with the Miami Vice jacket with sleeves to short all the way up to his elbows.

Dose that help with the Boshing do you know?


What are you on MP? I've never been out 'boshing' with Ant nor am I meeting up with him soon! You're just making it up again!

I am meeting up with Adam Eason and a few others (mainly his students) for a meal and discussions on hypnosis subjects.

As for my attire in a particular clip... Get a grip!
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19733 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2011-01-20 13:25, Anthony Jacquin wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-01-20 11:09, mindpunisher wrote:
Since Ant is in hiding


He is running a training course in Hypnotherapy, same course he has ran for 10 years. Get a job MP.

Anthony


Why is he talking about himself in the third person now? Danny doesn't like that.

Come on now SOMEONE laughed at that right?

Oh and excuse my ignorance of the term "boshing". I have no idea what it is.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6131 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Are you sure James? So you weren't in Edinburgh? Someone is telling me porkie's. In that case I apologise.

Danny "Boshing" is the term used for ambushing. And hypnochimps is the term for what they do to their victims. You need to keep up man with the latest developments in hypnosis your falling behind.

>>>As for my attire in a particular clip... Get a grip! <<<<

Get a grip of what?
Zerububle
View Profile
Elite user
Poole
430 Posts

Profile of Zerububle
Ive never ambushed anyone!

I very much doubt Ant or anyone else I know ever has.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6131 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
I know you call it "boshing" I have seen the MA Dvds. He specifically instructs you to go in for a rapid induction with no pre talk if the circumstances are right and tell them lies if they show concern for what you might make them do. Then once you have them just do what you planned anyway. No pre-screening, no opportunity to say no. Which surprises me since you say you are aware of the guidelines. And these are two of the main requisits they put forward?

Its not ambushing its "boshing" the art of hacking heads and creating "hypnochimps".

Ambushing is a derogative term conjured up on here by someone. I don't know how they got that idea?
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Profile of Anthony Jacquin
It seems odd that they get a chance to show concern if I am not introducing myself, but I think you will find I advise clarifying any misconceptions rather than telling lies. The fact that I make clear it is possible to hypnotise without permission is coupled with advise not to bother - there is no good reason too. I did it because at the time despite much talk I could find no reference of anyone actually doing a handshake induction unnanounced. I needed to know if it would work. It did.

Your entire rant these last 6 months is based on your own crazy imaginings MP. Zerobuble summed up the pointless of debating with you. Our hypnosis is impromptu and consensual. It is only you who talks of ambush.

Carry on ranting though. If it helps satisfy that basic need we all have for purpose in our life then at least I am being of some service to you.

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Reality is Plastic! The Art of Impromptu Hypnosis
Updated for 2016

Now on Kindle and Audible!
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6131 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
I tell you what Ant when I get time I will put up the section of the Dvds that say exactly that. Then it will be interesting to see you explain that. You specifically say to leave out the pre induction if the situation is right. You never ever talk about pre screening and you do advise to tell lies when someone shows concern.

Its all there I don't know why you bother denying it.
Zerububle
View Profile
Elite user
Poole
430 Posts

Profile of Zerububle
Quote:
On 2011-01-20 15:13, mindpunisher wrote:
I know you call it "boshing" I have seen the MA Dvds. He specifically instructs you to go in for a rapid induction with no pre talk if the circumstances are right and tell them lies if they show concern for what you might make them do. Then once you have them just do what you planned anyway. No pre-screening, no opportunity to say no. Which surprises me since you say you are aware of the guidelines. And these are two of the main requisits they put forward?

Its not ambushing its "boshing" the art of hacking heads and creating "hypnochimps".

Ambushing is a derogative term conjured up on here by someone. I don't know how they got that idea?

I think we need to get a few things clear.

I've never attended any of Anthony's training courses and I've never seen any of Anthony's DVDs. I have only met Anthony twice possibly three times, at Change Phenomena and Blackpool. 'Boshing' is not a word I use nor do I jump out at people and hypnotise without warning. I don't say 'hypnochimp' either.

The post is directed at me yet none of the facts are accurate.

I'm sorry Mindpunisher but I simply don't fit into your delusions at all.

I'm sure one of the nurses will be around soon and somebody will take you for a walk later Smile
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19733 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I must say I am the one guilty of "ambush hypnotists" though I directed it at nobody in particular.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19733 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Now to be serious for a moment I think there are a few problems here with communication, and intent.

First off I think James will agree with me that the written word is tough to communicate subtle things. Sarcasam often comes off as just being a nasty jerk. (Not directed at James mind you, just a fact.) This is why the Café' itself warns against using it.

Second of all there are those who have a vested interest in one opinion or another being the truth, as they sell DVD's or seminars based on those things being true. SO when someone asks a question such as is this "possible" the answer is yes.

Well that is sort of an incomplete answer, and one that tends to get the fur up of those who know better. While yes is true technically, it is not the whole story. The whole story comes out 5 pages later when one finally admits to the fact that it is about 3% IF THAT which make this thing qualify for a YES.

There are those of us that think that if you are new, you should crawl before you walk and walk before you run. To concentrate on that elusive 3%(probably far lower) is just nuts for the beginner. It is not a proper way to learn at all. This is where the big measuring contests seem to occur. Because those who say YES I JUST DID IT IN A COFFEE SHOP have to somehow now communicate that sort of thing.

Now the next problem is that we, with nothing else to go on, tend to want to see it. Otherwise it is a tall tale and nothing more. It may as well be a Bigfoot sighting for all the proof it has. Then the measuring, sarcasam, name calling and all the bs starts to REALLY go along. Then it is personal. NOBODY wants to back up.

Also the tendency to try to seem mysterious and communicate in cryptic nonsense and say "oh well you assume too much" and blah blah blah does nothing to help.

So that is really the problem here. We all have a part in it. For hypnotists the guys trying to explain this do not communicate well. Ant in particular seems to have trouble making his point. Perhaps this is simply the medium in which we find ourselves and there is no real way arround it.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Zerububle
View Profile
Elite user
Poole
430 Posts

Profile of Zerububle
Lol Danny - that's fine.

I am just sick of MP making statements about what I do that are based on nothing more than heresay and his own imagination. The FACTS are he makes things up.
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Profile of Anthony Jacquin
Quote:
On 2011-01-20 15:43, mindpunisher wrote:
I tell you what Ant when I get time I will put up the section of the Dvds that say exactly that. Then it will be interesting to see you explain that. You specifically say to leave out the pre induction if the situation is right. You never ever talk about pre screening and you do advise to tell lies when someone shows concern.

Its all there I don't know why you bother denying it.


Great. It is in the 5 hours somewhere. You will enjoy it more second time around.

Busy?

Ant
Anthony Jacquin

Reality is Plastic! The Art of Impromptu Hypnosis
Updated for 2016

Now on Kindle and Audible!
JonChase
View Profile
Loyal user
Exeter, UK
208 Posts

Profile of JonChase
Quote:


Hiding? Running a training course in Hypnotherapy, same course my father and I have ran for 10 years. Get a job Shrink.

Anthony


The 'same' course for 10 Years Ant. Isn't it about time you and Freddy changed the curriculum?
Smiles

Jon Chase



http://jonathanchase.com
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4172 Posts

Profile of bobser
Look Danny,
Can I ask you please to let go of the 3% thing and see if we, you and I together, can sort this thing out and come of it the other end still talking?
Yes I said it. But it was meant as a sharp riposte and not a factual number as I had not, to be honest, really given any thought to what the percentage would be. I think you actually knew that but decided to use it anyway, about a dozen times or so. Fair enough, perhaps I asked for that.

Let me try once more please.
Nikstokes asked: Can a hypnotist walk up to a random person, without informing them that they're a hypnotist and put them under and give suggestions?
bobser answered: Yes
Up to now I imagine you don't have too many arguments that that's what happened at the start of this thread, would that be correct?

I can tell you that four or five hypnotists have since agreed with me that not only is this possible but that they have indeed achieved this. I'm happy to believe them because SO HAVE I, many times. None of them nor myself claim to be superior or clever in any way with this. We ARE clearly stating that 'some' highly somnambulistic persons will simply slide into a hypnotic state (lets all agree to assume there is one for a moment)without:
a)the word hypnosis being mentioned...... nor
b)the person saying they are a hypnotist.

If you are saying you've never done this, not even attempted this, that's no problem and no reflection on your abilities. I completely understand that this is NOT something you wish to do, or possibly even know or think about. How are we doing up to now? Is that okay?

I also want to say that in all these situations where this either takes place or is attempted I have no knowledge of it ever being tried on the street to a stranger (other than the statue guy from Indonesia, which is either real or it isn't).

In all fairness to you, having re-read Nik's question there is a 'street' suggestion there: "... walk up to a random person" whilst I personally have NOT 'walked up to....' but rather I'd be talking to someone at a corporate party or cheese and wine, whilst maybe talking about ESP or magic or reincarnation or life after death or NLP etc. and/or they've mentioned they suffer from stress in the workplace or they can't sleep too well or they have a certain phobia or tell me they suffer from chronic pain, I personally feel very comfortable saying: "I'll tell you what, if I could show you a way that might help you in some way get over that...", we continue chatting and they say yes they'd be delighted for me to show them any way to overcome whatever. Anyone who does impromptu is ahead of me by now, but within a moment I find myself saying: "it's a funny thing, but if you look at your hand right there, that's right and pick a spot..."

So, I am saying clearly, that without mentioning hypnosis or the fact that I am or DO hypnosis, it is very possible I will place that person in a trance state.

And I suppose it's only fair to give a guesstamate (but it's an educated guess) that if I'm allowed to circulate, I'll already have an idea of who I walk up to, start chatting to, and induct. And although I'm extremely happy to concede that I COULD BE WRONG my expectancy would be around 1 in 5 (not 3% but probably 20%!).

And you and every other experienced hypnotist will know exactly why I would feel comfortable with that percentage. I guess I'm saying that a somnambulist (and this is a lateral view of the initial question put forward by nikstokes)can be placed in trance by a skilled hypnotist on a first meeting without hypnosis being mentioned, or without being told that the person IS a hypnotist.

Now THAT is my honest answer based on who I feel I am and what I feel I'm very capable of doing. Now perhaps I should have said all of that at the beginning which would possibly (but probably not) have saved 6 pages of narrative. But at the end of the day I was asked NOT an OPEN question (requiring a narrative of explanation)but a CLOSED question which simply required what I gave, a one word answer.......
"Yes!"

regards,
Bob
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19733 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Yea 20% of the population of the planet are "naturals" and easily led. Gotcha. Huge revelation there LOL.

Bobser much of the problem is that you act superior, sarcastic and just plain nasty. That is my main problem.

Also nobody ever said you can't do it without the word "hypnotist" we debated if you could just walk up and put someone into trance with no prior contact. The Jedi Mind Trick if you will. I don't happen to think that even 20% of the population would go for this anyhow. To clarify you can absolutely not walk up to 20% of complete strangers in the world and give suggestions that are accepted.

You get sarcastic and angry and downright mean. Yes had you clarified this with your first post instead of cryptic nonsense and nasty sarcasam perhaps yea much of the bs could be avoided. I mentioned to Jim in a PM that it shocks me that in a forum of supposed hypnotists communication sucks so badly.

Maybe if we leave the delusions, sarcasam and nasty remarks aside we would all communicate a bit better in the future.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4172 Posts

Profile of bobser
Ok, thanks for taking that in the spirit it was intended and being so nice in return. We obviously disagree on the 'walk up to a stranger' thing as I see it as extremely possible whilst agreeing with you that neither of us would do it. I don't know who Jim is but thought you were giving as good as you got back there. LOL. Maybe Jim had a read and thought so to. He never did call.
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6131 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
If you look at the original question you will see nik has a few of Ants products. I think its safe to assume that he has watched some of Ants promo's on youtube. This is probaly where the misinformation is coming from...It also seems to be where a lot of this fantasy hypnosis is coming from.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNTIc9ytaaM

We all know its complete bollox...but newbies don't. It seems like some people like living in a fantasy.

On the other hand here is a clip of Ant in the "real world". Which only proves good stage hypnosis is a lot more skilled than learning impromtu. He still has quite a long way to go I would say.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ffv9ss7DFY&feature=related
JonChase
View Profile
Loyal user
Exeter, UK
208 Posts

Profile of JonChase
Nik, I'm answering this because you very kindly mention that you were the one who purchased my book on stage hypnosis 'Deeper and Deeper'.

Somnambulists accept suggestions directly so yes it can be done. The trick is finding the somnambulist.
Smiles

Jon Chase



http://jonathanchase.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Whats possible with hypnosis (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.31 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL