The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Whats possible with hypnosis (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6131 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Exactly we agree on something. Walking up to someone randomly and trying to hypnotise them without their knowledge is not only not nice, sociopathic but also against the law.

I'm curious what do you guys get out of it? Do you cream your pants or something?
nikstokes
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of nikstokes
I guess it's just more of an ego thing, to be honest.
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
I am with Mindpunisher.What's the point?
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19731 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I also see no point. When you find out how much failure is involved you will not find it great for the ego at all.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4172 Posts

Profile of bobser
Yeah Danny I understand it when you say it would be a free vacation. But it'd be in Branson for Chrisakes!!!

I have no idea why you wish to know what my academic credentials are, I don't think anyone needs a university degree to understand this stuff and many guys are way ahead of me with very little academic study. However, my Hons Degree is in social science where I studied psychology, sociology and philosophy. What about you?

Quote:
On 2011-01-16 12:54, Nongard1 wrote:
bobser is correct, there is a percentage.

Richard Nongard has simply done what I, Anthony Jacquin, Reg Blackwood and zerbubble have done; specifically answered a specific question:

"Is this possible?"
answer:
"Yes it is."

We, all of us clever ones, went on to confirm that yes, the percentages are low, but confirmed it IS possible..... because we have all done it!!! Thus answering the question. It's called 'understanding how language works' Danny. Scary I know, but it's only difficult to begin with, honest.

So we now have 2 facts; Bobser, Richard, Reg, zerbubble and Ant have done it.
Whilst Danny, Mindpro, Tony and Mindpunisher don't even believe it can be done, because it's just too effing huge to enter they're tiny minds that it's even remotely possible, you twats!!! (sorry)

And now the denouement (yes I know, you'll have to look up the meaning):
Stage Hypnosis is cool. But it must never be an excuse for not getting an education. I think we're done here.
Bobser-out.
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19731 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
My education is in psychology Bobser.

My direct question which you choose to dodge is WHAT IS THAT PERCENTAGE? That requires a number answer. It has nothing to do with understanding language it has to do with using weasel words to not back up your claims as usual. This is what is wrong when mentalists become hypnotists.

If you took the time to read (without name calling like a small child who has been rebuked.) you would see where we have said it IS POSSIBLE, but that the percentage is so low as to not be calculable. Now you say that it IS possible and it has a higher percentage than we seem to think. If so then give a number. Give me a percentage of times this crap you claim works. Then lets test your percentage. Yea you are done. You made your point and you weaseled out. Nobody is shocked.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6131 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
>>So we now have 2 facts; Bobser, Richard, Reg, zerbubble and Ant have done it.
Whilst Danny, Mindpro, Tony and Mindpunisher don't even believe it can be done, because it's just too effing huge to enter they're tiny minds that it's even remotely possible, you twats!!! (sorry)<<<

Actually Bobser you haven't been paying much attention have you? I never said it was possible or not possible I havasked the question why would you want to? Only a nutter with a psychological disorder would want to. Plus it appears that the main goal of you and your mates is to get someone to slump forward with their eyes closed.

Again why?

I think you and you band of merry men need education unfortunately you cannot educate someone who thinks they know everything.
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4172 Posts

Profile of bobser
Sorry Danny. In your own personal style of the English language you're right. You did say something like that.
Okay, let me see. I'd say, three out of a hundred. Let me do the figures for ya, that'd be 3 per cent.
Now I understand you find that difficult to believe and I have no problems with that. I guess this is where the discussion ends. With you, and your skills, saying, "I couldn't do that."
I think it may have been Dirty Harry Callaghan who said: "It takes a good man to know his limitations."
And now, we both know, exactly, what you are going to do. You are going to say it's all rubbish. And I think there's a reason why you say things like that. It's because you simply cannot stand the possibility of anyone being able to do something in the hypnosis world that you cannot. In fact cannot even comprehend.
And I can tell you that you're an idiot. Not for saying that. But rather for not having the ability to believe in yourself and BE THE HYPNOTIST.
Go out there and TRY it. And I think you'll find something rather strange. And that (surprise surprise) is that you'll find that I have more belief in you than you have.
Hell I'm not great Danny I know that. But guess what? Neither are you. But we can both be a lot better. All we have to do is listen to what other guys are doing. It's not a coincidence that people are telling you this works. It's actually because it's true. This works.
But if life's taught me anything it's this: if you fight real hard for your disbelief, you get to keep it.
As a gentleman I will, of course, let you have the last word.
Let's be honest, I couldn't stop you. Smile
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6131 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
The only thing I disbelieve is why anybody in their tiny right mind would want to. And also how you guys cannot see that to do so is assualt. One of these days your going to do it with the wrong person and you will not be too happy.
I guess its cheaper than viagra Bobser. And you must get some kind of power rush...

Maybe I should try and understand your disorder instead of pointing out your off your head.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19731 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
3%? 3% and you make claims like you do? Are you serious? So you have to walk up to and fail 97% of the time and end up with 3%? And the 3% shows up in crappy video that we see? Oh lord it is great to finally see one of you admit it!

Maybe if you concentrated on things that worked and are not a statistical anomaly you would be better. Yep I agree with mindpunisher why in your tiny right mind would you even want to try? You act all superior, you act all huffy, and call names and the best thing you can manage is in your life to walk up to 100 people and hope like hell 3 people go under. Congradulations. I bet that even those 3 are suspect LOL.

Thanks for clearing it all up Bobser. Thanks for showing us how superior you are and where that arrogance comes from and why.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Quote:
On 2011-01-16 19:05, bobser wrote:
Danny, Mindpro, Tony and Mindpunisher don't even believe it can be done, because it's just too effing huge to enter they're tiny minds that it's even remotely possible, you twats!!! (sorry)

In fairness, Bob, I don't pretend to believe in any of it, so no surprise there. However just because I put it all down to social compliance doesn't mean that I can't envisage a situation in which I could walk up to a stranger and get that social compliance instantly.
But can I get it every time? By your own admission (and I believe you are wildly optimistic) you will get it three times out of a hundred. So why bother?
Life is short enough. If I want to experience failure and rejection 97 times in a row, I'll try dating again.
Nongard1
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of Nongard1
What is wierd in reading this whole thread is everyone really does agree Me, Bob, Ant, an agree it is possible. Danny and MP are also right, its such a low percentage 9without inate ability) that any yahoo from the internet is never going to be able to do it. And MP is right, really only a nutter or someone from youtube really wants to make it appear a Jedi mind trick is reality. And yes, its true the 97% fail rate is what is not seen on TV, and as far as I can tell everyone actually is in agreement saying the same thing form different vantagepoints.
Oh, and one more thing. I sell HUNDREDS of videos then only get 1-3 Amazon reviews... It is always the nutcase giving one star, and usually someone who hasn;t even bought the product but instead has some ax to grind. Ripoff report, Amazon reviews, etc. I have learned they are really meaningless other than typically an aggrevation for those who late have to do SEO to get the off the main page...

Richard
Dr. Richard Nongard, Professional Hypnosis Training
Learn how to master the art of SpeedTrance, Clinical and Stage Hypnosis
Zerububle
View Profile
Elite user
Poole
430 Posts

Profile of Zerububle
Quote:
On 2011-01-16 15:17, mindpunisher wrote:
Yeah Yeah James - not the first time on here somebody tries to find "dirt" on someone when they can't win any other way. Its a sign of someone who has no depth to their side of the argument. Its an act of desparation. It just so happens it seems to be members of your mob that try it.

And for the record you can see James doing a very standard and lame stage routine as you can with most of the street/impromtu guys with any real presentation or showmanship removed.

I find it totally amusing that they are deluded to think they are breaking new ground. What they are doing is taking whats already there and diminishing it to a point where they have to force themselves on members of the public because no one would pay to see them.


Once again MP chooses his own frame!

My intention was not to 'dirt' and it was certainly not a last resort having lost an arguament.

You have a pop at my YouTube clip saying it's old stuff, nothing original. So what! It is original for the audience! They have never seen it before. And to be factual it isn't supposed to be a stage hypnotist show.

Cerebral steal is a word/playing card amnesia with a twist. Maybe nothing original in that it's just another amnesia effect but who cares, the audiences love it and are amazed.

I quite often perform impromptu magic in town. I tend to work the old favourites but also use the opportunity to venture out of he comfort zone and try something new. I don't get paid for doing this and I rarely hand out business cards on such occasions. Am I wasting my time? Pandering to my own ego? No. I'm practicing in the best possible environment and creating positive awareness about my brand. I have had countless gigs as a direct result of said performances.

If I add pick pocketing and/or hypnosis to these impromptu performances it doesn't change the reason for doing it.
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Profile of Anthony Jacquin
Quote:
On 2011-01-16 17:25, mindpunisher wrote:
Is that the old amnesia ploy where the person forgets their name? Old as the hills usually used in shows way at the start after a rapid induction since it is a light state routine?

Or am I missing something?


Clearly you are missing something. We are talking about doing this without an induction are we not? Can YOU give someone name amnesia without doing an induction MP?

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Reality is Plastic! The Art of Impromptu Hypnosis
Updated for 2016

Now on Kindle and Audible!
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6131 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Ant Yes I can and have done. But I have no reason to as I am not a magician. Likre most people on here I played around with it after seeing Derren on the underground make passengers forget their destination. I got it to work a few times it didn't work most times. Its something that I had a passing curiosity about.

I have also been distracted and forgot a very good friends name and other pieces of info almost on a weekly basis. But ofcourse to do it it takes some skill and practice and also the right sitter.

Show me a video where someone responds as in a deep conditioned trance on stage witout an induction. I haven't seen one and would genuinely like to see one if it exists. Remember an induction is a series of steps that takes a person from A to B that's all it is. Show me something with no steps.

James you sound like someone who has just discovered some NLP terms and is using them because you believe it makes you sound clever. It doesn't your deluding yourself. Put frames away your over thinking. The plain fact is you all think you have created something totally new and that you know everything.

You haven't and you don't. Not only could you learn how to use NLP properly you could also learn more about hypnosis if you listened to some of whats whats being said.

What you do via hypnosis is very old although the context may be newish.
Zerububle
View Profile
Elite user
Poole
430 Posts

Profile of Zerububle
You arrogant fool.

None of this is new to me as well you know. My background is psychiatric nursing, acquired brain injury and a variety of surgery placements. I have studied psychology, nlp and hypnosis in depth. Once again you accuse me of knowing nothing just because I disagree with you.

You are full of bile and resentment for all those who succeed where you have failed.

I await your pathetic retort and will graciously give you the last word Smile

Btw. For someone who has no knowledge of the subject it is amazing that one of the UK's most successful therapists would choose me to co host a seminar.
http://www.adam-eason.com/seminars/induc......rapists/

Clearly I am a newbee with no knowledge whatsoever....
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6131 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Psychiatric nursing has nothing to do with hypnosis.

I accuse you of not knowing much because of your use of NLP terms. You may have studied NLP but you are pretty poor at applying it and its clear you don't really understand at least these elements like many including certified trainers. Like I said you sound like a newbie that's learned a few terms.

Your attempts to try and prove yourself come over as a little desparate.And just prove my point. You think you know everything when its clear you don't.

You'l also be aware of a popular notion banded around in NLP that perception is projection. ( you arrogant fool) Psychiatric nursing has absolutely nothing to do with hypnosis. And wouldn't qualify you in any way to be an expert. Mind you I know a few psych nurses and it does sort of explain some of your behaviour. Most of them are nuts.
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Profile of Anthony Jacquin
Quote:
On 2011-01-17 04:31, mindpunisher wrote:
Ant Yes I can and have done. But I have no reason to as I am not a magician.


That was your response to me asking 'Can you do name amnesia without an induction?'.

Just a day ago this was your take on the same subject.

"You seem to know a lot about this Ant. Show me one example - you must have loads on video of you giving waking hypnosis suggestions with no induction? In my experience 20 years I've never seen any example of such a thing". Mindpunisher.

Please understand I am not asking either of your personalities to clarify. Do you not have a friend who can look you in the eye compassionately and ask 'Ever get the feeling you are just arguing for the sake of it'. You mad old fool.
Anthony Jacquin

Reality is Plastic! The Art of Impromptu Hypnosis
Updated for 2016

Now on Kindle and Audible!
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6131 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
No Ant forgetting your name for a few moments isn't what I am asking. Proper amnesia where someone forgets what they have over a period of two hours and still can't recall it weeks later. that's what I mean about amnesia. The stuff you are talking about occurs naturally everyday and is something completely different.

Again your reply demonstrates that you really don't know as much about hypnosis as you claim. And I'm glad you now have found the balls to reply to my posts your clutching at straws is quite funny.

However I would encourage you to continue as you might learn something more from the stage hypnotists on here that you can rename and claim is something new.

You and James are quite amusing keep it up we need the entertainment.

Can I look into your eyes at least virtually and ask you what do you get out of approaching complete strangers in public places and try to hypnotise them?

Seriously what do you get out of it personally? I am trying to understand.
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Profile of Anthony Jacquin
Ah so it is the no induction 'proper amnesia' that lasts for weeks that you have done a fair amount of. Right. Well for performance purposes not knowing your name for 60 seconds does just fine. So again Nik, MP says you can, I say you can. He has done it too. No induction required.

I rarely reply to you MP because you have long since lost the plot. Simple. So stop thinking about my balls. Be useful.
Anthony Jacquin

Reality is Plastic! The Art of Impromptu Hypnosis
Updated for 2016

Now on Kindle and Audible!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Whats possible with hypnosis (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL