The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Quieting Dynamic Coins (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jnrussell
View Profile
Loyal user
Michigan
206 Posts

Profile of jnrussell
Anyone have a solution or idea about reducing or eliminating the annoying SLAM of the dynamic coin gimmicks? While I fine effect, it might be the noisiest out there. And the SLAMming doesn't seem to have any "natural" reason except to... well, you know.

Thanks!
John Russell
Mastering Magician
www.TheMasterMagician.net
cdmdu
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of cdmdu
I have lost my dynamic coins for years but I don't remember about this noise.
Is it when the coins disappear or when you put the set on the table?
If it is SLAMing when putting on the table, just pace yourself to eliminate the noisy song, and try to have a good story to tell with the aim of doing a good misdirection. For example, speed and hast could be sufficient although this is a quite common presentation of the trick.
jnrussell
View Profile
Loyal user
Michigan
206 Posts

Profile of jnrussell
It's whenever you put the cap on the table and need to "release" the coins
John Russell
Mastering Magician
jim ferguson
View Profile
Veteran user
Ayrshire, Scotland
301 Posts

Profile of jim ferguson
Hi John. I used to do this effect all the time, Id end with the coins passing through the table. The way I got round the awful slamming was to not actually have the insert pressed flush until the end. This works best if the set has been ''broken in''. Try just placing the cap over the stack without actually pressing down. When turning over to reveal the vanishes etc, sort of roll the cap over (away from you and towards the spectators) rather than lifting and turning over. You'll find the whole routine can be done much more delicately, and in my opinion, looks more magical. jim
feher
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1421 Posts

Profile of feher
Jim is spot on with his suggestion of just leting the weight of the cap hold the insert in place buring your routine, only until the very end will you set the inserts in place. When I do this routine my ending is the quarters turn into pennys.
Good luck. I hope our sugggestions help.
Tim
Mean people SUCK!!!!!!!
jnrussell
View Profile
Loyal user
Michigan
206 Posts

Profile of jnrussell
Great ideas guys... thanks! I'll give that method a try...
John Russell
Mastering Magician
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Quieting Dynamic Coins (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL