The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Step right up! » » Pitch Stand (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mark Boody Illusionist
View Profile
Inner circle
1367 Posts

Profile of Mark Boody Illusionist
Where is the best place to find parts to make a pitch stand out of aluminum poles & commectors? same with the canopies that connect with the "ball bungee" cards.

Thanks

Mark
Only he who can see the invisible can do the impossible. Frank L. Gaines
Rod Pringle
View Profile
Special user
543 Posts

Profile of Rod Pringle
Hello Mark:

Try Yuma's Bargain Warehouse. web site is http://www.ysbw.com

address: 3242 East $3rd Street
Yuma, AZ 85365
Phone 928-341-1412

Hope this helps!!! and I wish you all the best in building your canopy.

ROD
The Cardfather
View Profile
Veteran user
Long Beach, CA
347 Posts

Profile of The Cardfather
Look up swap meet booths and supplies in your area or just go to Home Depot electric department. You may be able to construct using the conduit pipe and connectors. I used them for the sign portion of my joint. The main part is just a standard EZ UP booth.
Rod Pringle
View Profile
Special user
543 Posts

Profile of Rod Pringle
OOOPS typo

Mark that's 43rd Street for Yuma's bargain Warehouse.

ROD
Mark Boody Illusionist
View Profile
Inner circle
1367 Posts

Thanks Rod for the website. It's exactly what I was looking for. I can't wait to get started building it. I'll post a picture when I get it built.

Mark
Rod Pringle
View Profile
Special user
543 Posts

Profile of Rod Pringle
Hello mark:

Your welcome! They have a nice little catalog they will send you with all kinds of connectors and tarps, etc. The actual conduit pipe lengths you will need, you can get at home depot locally, and save a bundle on shipping. that's what I did,..I bought all the connectors , bungie cords, and tarp from Youma's, and the pipe locally. And don't forget rope and tent stakes, wind will be your biggest problem out there. They have good products and fast service, I highly recommend them.

Yes, send pictures of the completed canopy, that would be great!

ROD
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
I remeber when I had all this enthusiasm to build a joint.Now all my get up and go...got up and went.It does does my heart good to read that you guys have the enthusiasm now and I have help pass it on.Thats why I made the DVD...thanks guys.

Don
Mark Boody Illusionist
View Profile
Inner circle
1367 Posts

Thank you Don. You have been an inspiration to many!!! I include myself in that group.

Mark
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2719 Posts

Profile of sethb
Mark -- Try your local sporting goods store for a straight-legged 8' or 10' square tent with an aluminum frame and an ultraviolet (UV) lining in the top. Most come with a wheeled cover/case that makes it easy to move around. It should run about $150, maybe $125 on sale. The EZ-UP tents are nice but are much heavier to lug around and are also more expensive, about $200+ at Sam's Club.

Home Depot has the metal conduit and connectors. You should also take a look at PVC pipe, which is about the same price but has two advantages, in my mind. First, it doesn't conduct electricity like metal does, so it is less likely to be hit by lightning. Second, with a $10 PVC pipe cutter, you can cut the PVC neatly and cleanly into any lengths that you need, no hacksaw required. With a bunch of connectors and a bottle of PVC cement, you can jury-rig up almost anything you need. The only place I've seen the ball bungee cords is ACE hardware, they come six to a package. But I wouldn't be surprised if Home Depot carried them.

And like Rod said, don't forget rope and some heavy-duty metal tent stakes -- VERY important!! If you're working on concrete instead of grass, a cinder block lashed to each tent leg is cheap insurance against a blowdown.

Good luck, and let us see what the finished product looks like! SETH
"Watch the Professor!!" -- Al Flosso (1895-1976)
"The better you are, the closer they watch" -- Darwin Ortiz, STRONG MAGIC
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Step right up! » » Pitch Stand (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL