The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » "The Moment" Demo video (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
mattjohnson
View Profile
Elite user
Canada
451 Posts

Profile of mattjohnson
Hi all,

Many have been asking for demo's of "The Moment" in action. Over the next few months we intend on releasing a few NO FRILLS demos of various routines using "The Moment". No fancy camera cuts or editing, nobody running down the street screaming, no flashing lights just full routines from start to finish filmed in house. Comments?

Here is the first: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jWkCD8Qzjo

Enjoy!

MJ
NFox
View Profile
Inner circle
I Do Mentalism Now?!
1101 Posts

Profile of NFox
It actually a really nice change of pace to see a demo like that, nowadays, when just about everyone has what I like to call "Ellusionist Syndrome." The symptoms involve lots of fast cutting, really energetic techno music, never seeing the trick through to completion, way too many reactions, and bullet points asking obvious questions like "How would you like to TRULY read minds?"

That demo was a thing of beauty, very clean, and definitely got me interested. If this is the first of many of these performance videos with The Moment, then I can't wait to see more!

Great job and fantastic effect.

-Nick
"Obscuring Reality"- Gone but not forgotten...

FoxIllusions.com
Prager
View Profile
Inner circle
e-Mentalism.com
1858 Posts

Profile of Prager
I really like the demo, very clean, and I like the effect a lot!
Jose Prager
The man who knows how to amuse and mystify

www.e-mentalism.com
Secret products for mentalists.
Martin Adams
View Profile
Elite user
455 Posts

Profile of Martin Adams
This thing is great! I just watched the demo and I already have countles ideas with that. I'm sure that's another winner from TI. Great job Christopher and Matt! Smile
mattjohnson
View Profile
Elite user
Canada
451 Posts

Profile of mattjohnson
Thank you all!

Our aim here was to show "The Moment" in action exactly the way it is in performance. Sometimes fast editing and screaming spectators can cloud what the effect is really about.

I should mention that I have received PM's asking if the vibrator on the phone can be heard when it goes off? The answer is yes and it is quite loud which makes the MOMENT as it were, perfect! I watched the demo again and I believe the addition of the music covered the sound of the vibrator on the phone and I also believe we may have muted the audio a little too much. In performance you can hear the phones vibrator go off, you can see the phone move and you can feel it too if the spectator puts their hand on the phone.

The presentational reason that we choose to have the phone vibrate and not ring is because during road testing the effect it was found that in many venues you could not hear a ring, where as you could see the phone go off when it was set to vibrate and you could feel it go off if your hand was on the phone. The key piece of patter that we forgot to put in the video that we have been using in actual performance is this:

"I am going to set the alarm on your cell phone, I am going to set it to vibrate as it is a little loud in here (or) it looks like it is set to vibrate already. We will keep it on that so you not only hear your phone go off at the specific moment but you will see it go off too!"

We chose to omit a few presentational plots in this video and speed the performance up so as to keep the demo moving so you would not be sat watching it for too long while at the same time making sure the essence of the effect was conveyed!

What you do with "The Moment" is only limited by your imagination!

MJ
Eshla
View Profile
Inner circle
1239 Posts

Profile of Eshla
Whats the price on this?
Does it work 100% of the time?
Any other presentational ideas? Personally I would love to predict the EXACT time the first goal is scored in a football game. But I understand if that is not possible.

Its on my wishlist now. Completely deceptive, it fooled me and it will fool my audience. I hereby apologise for my past sceptism about the potential of this product, it looks like a great bit of work.
I come from the future to culture you poor sods with fire.
mattjohnson
View Profile
Elite user
Canada
451 Posts

Profile of mattjohnson
Hi Eshla,

Works 100% of the time with any cell phone anywhere in the world!

You can perform any organic prediction you want and organic predictions are (to be honest) the best thing to do with THE MOMENT! You can predict the moment a goal is cored in a game on tv in your local bar, or THE MOMENT the woman in the red dress enters the bar, or THE MOMENT the blue car drives by the window etc etc.

As you can appreciate organic predictions are subject to more time so that is why we cannot really show these in a demo but the organic predictions are what "The Moment" was designed for.

The regular price on this is only $199.95, however if pre-oredred before the 31st of January you get it for $174.95 (+ shipping). This is set to launch at the Blackpool Magic Convention and all pre-orders will ship before we leave for Blackpool so you will get it before anybody else!

For more information visit http://www.taylorimagineering.com/products/moment.php

Cheers,

MJ
Eshla
View Profile
Inner circle
1239 Posts

Profile of Eshla
$200 is quite steep, its not Grand Illusion steep, but still not pocket change. So I presume there is some sort of gimmick involved. I have learnt from past experiances however that it is often best to check the longevity of a gimmick before purchasing it. I never saw any gimmicks in the video (which has to be a MASSIVE advantage of the routine) but is there, or will there be some sort of warrenty on it?
I come from the future to culture you poor sods with fire.
mattjohnson
View Profile
Elite user
Canada
451 Posts

Profile of mattjohnson
There is something involved but there is absolutely nothing difficult about this routine leaving everything to your presentation!

The gimmick is electronic hence the price which is low for a product of this nature. The product comes with a full one year warranty but will last much longer! It is also fully rechargeable via the usb port in your computer which means you have NO batteries to replace. It comes with everything you need right out of the box including a DVD explaining everything in detail and routines with THE MOMENT!

Everything is hands free during performance which means there is not much to do except sit back and enjoy the ride!!!

Cheers,

MJ
Shrubsole
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
2455 Posts

Profile of Shrubsole
What a nice demo! One actually showing the product for sale.

Realistic reaction V 'John' from L&L Publishing, wins everytime!
Winner of the Dumbringer Award for total incompetence. (All years)
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2315 Posts

Profile of Christopher Taylor
Quote:
On 2011-01-17 11:15, Eshla wrote:
..... will there be some sort of warrenty on it?

Yes, The Moment comes with a one year warranty. Taylor Imagineering's customer service is second to none in the business. I back up my products. Cheers.

Christopher
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

www.taylorimagineering.com

MAKING MENTALISM MORE IMPOSSIBLE
dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2261 Posts

Profile of dmoses
I had the pleasure of having Christopher perform something for me at a local coffee shop.
It wasn't the same effect, but it made use of the same principle.

What impressed me most about the effect is that it felt entirely impromptu... it didn't feel like a magic trick at all.
It was just Christopher and I hanging out trying this 'experiment'.

As I mentioned elsewhere, this effect didn't just involve me and him... he had it so it felt like the whole place was part of it.

Great stuff,

dave
"You're a comedian. You wanna do mankind a service, tell funnier jokes."
TPR by Dave Moses and Iain Dunford
T-shirts for Magicians and Mentalists
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2105 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Quote:
On 2011-01-17 10:42, mattjohnson wrote:
The presentational reason that we choose to have the phone vibrate and not ring is because during road testing the effect it was found that in many venues you could not hear a ring, where as you could see the phone go off when it was set to vibrate and you could feel it go off if your hand was on the phone. The key piece of patter that we forgot to put in the video that we have been using in actual performance is this:

Hi Matt,

Can you, given a more quiet setting, have the alarm go off rather than have the phone vibrate? I would (somewhat often) perform this in a setting in which having the phone vibrate would not be ideal. Thanks.

Regards, Steve
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2315 Posts

Steve: Sorry, having the unit switchable between audio alarm and vibrate was too cumbersome. We went for the vibrate because it is also audible and easily seen and felt. I will PM you regarding a custom version. Cheers.

Christopher
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Looks amazin'.... great video too!
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Jay Are
View Profile
Inner circle
4186 Posts

Profile of Jay Are
Great demo gents!

Refreshingly "plain"...

love it.

J
xxx
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2315 Posts

Quote:
On 2011-01-17 17:35, Jay Are wrote:
Great demo gents!

Refreshingly "plain"...

love it.

J

Thanks! Interestingly, we have received some flack for not making it slick enough. Oh well.

Christopher
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

eSamuels
View Profile
Inner circle
3085 Posts

Profile of eSamuels
Great work, Christopher (and Matthew)!
As demos go, it's superb. Straight to the point with (apparently) nothing to hide.
Just one suggestion - Matthew.....still not enough tattoos.

e
mattjohnson
View Profile
Elite user
Canada
451 Posts

Profile of mattjohnson
Thank you all for your comments! The Moment really is something special.

Eric, my thoughts exactly my friend. It's been a while since I had a tattoo so I am starting to hear the voices again!

Cheers,

MJ
RichardShure
View Profile
Veteran user
344 Posts

Profile of RichardShure
This looks VERY INTERESTING!!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » "The Moment" Demo video (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL