The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » "The Moment" Demo video (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
jdmagic357
View Profile
Special user
737 Posts

Profile of jdmagic357
I like the idea of this and the first video demo very much. I did however figure a way of doing the same thing without the "Moment" device. I will of course keep it to myself. The fact of the matter is this looks like an awesome utility device worth every penny they're asking. Smile
Just cause they say it, doesn't make it true.
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3933 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
I just got back from Blackpool where I picked up my MOMENT.

It is everything I expected and more.
Matt and Christopher are great guys to chat with.
(if you can stop Matt talking long enough to get a word in)
Customer service is outstanding.
Great job guys.

I'm curious what you've come up with Mr MasterMindreader.

Steve
mattjohnson
View Profile
Elite user
Canada
451 Posts

Profile of mattjohnson
Thank you for your kind words Bob and for taking the time to post here, very much appreciated :o) Cannot wait to hear your thoughts and ideas.

Steve, it was nice meeting you too although I am not quite sure what you are talking about regarding not being able to stop me talking....blah,blah,blah,blah,blah,blah....pause to take a breath....blah,blah,blah,blah,blah,blah,blah ;o)

MJ
iluzjonista
View Profile
Regular user
187 Posts

Profile of iluzjonista
Hi Matt,

I have one question- when you normally set the time/alarm on your cell phone you can check the time it was setup even next day. How it looks when you are using "Moment"? Lets say you are using the moment at 3PM. Does it mean that the alarm on the cell phone will be really set on 3PM and spectator will be able to check it after the trick or there will be no alarm set and the phone will just ring?

Thanks,
Marcin
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5931 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Not an alarm. Use the timer.
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
Quote:
On 2011-03-05 18:49, Tom Cutts wrote:
Not an alarm. Use the timer.

I was just about to post the same.
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
Davit Sicseek
View Profile
Inner circle
1818 Posts

Profile of Davit Sicseek
Most phones remember how long the last timer was set for - so the spectator could still "check" in much the same way as an alarm.
Send me the truth: davitsicseek@gmail.com
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5931 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Yup, that's why you do a little extra work to mesh with that.
iluzjonista
View Profile
Regular user
187 Posts

Profile of iluzjonista
Hi Tom,

Can you advise what do you mean by "little extra work"? If spectator will check his cell phone after the trick he can figure out the method.

Thanks,
Marcin
iluzjonista
View Profile
Regular user
187 Posts

Profile of iluzjonista
As I quess the best solution for this issue is just calculate how much time we will need to make this trick and set the timer for similar time. After the trick nobody can be sure how long it was between setting the timer and ringing.
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5931 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Smile Of course you do because that is when the moment is going to happen.
iluzjonista
View Profile
Regular user
187 Posts

Profile of iluzjonista
How big is this electronics? How it will work if there are spectators around you? Does it still make just one phone ringing or every phone will be ringing?
Davit Sicseek
View Profile
Inner circle
1818 Posts

Profile of Davit Sicseek
Just the one.
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
I can give you the secret to this and allot more but it will cost you $322.00
Not only will you get this but also that and the other thing.

All signed by me.

That is a head in the hand basket after long day at market deluxe deal for sure!

J ack

H.o.A-X
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
mattjohnson
View Profile
Elite user
Canada
451 Posts

Profile of mattjohnson
Sorry I have not been here to respond for a while. I have been very very busy and have not been on the Café for a few weeks now, preparing for a 1 month lecture tour of Europe. All I can say is BIG box of products to get ready ;/

Marcin, nothing to worry about. Borrow any phone, anywhere in the world. Perform the routine and the phone will go off at EXACTLY the desired moment! That's it! Simple, clean. You can set the alarm or the timer. I prefer to set the timer if the phone has one but it is certainly not necessary. The Moment will only happen with the desired/chosen phone. The electronics is small and completely hidden in plain sight Smile Everything is operated hands free. You can perform this right out of the box, anywhere. There is no sleight of hand involved at the desired moment so you just have to focus on your routine and patter. We give you many examples of routines on the DVD that's included with the unit.

Davit, you are quite right, most phones do remember the time that was set on the alarm however most spectator's will not Smile The effect is not the phone going off, remember that! The effect is that the phone goes off at the specific moment in time that you predicted. Once the prediction has been revealed the time it took to get there becomes insignificant.

Cheers,

MJ
iluzjonista
View Profile
Regular user
187 Posts

Profile of iluzjonista
Thanks Matt,

Sounds really great. For me this is the best electronics on the taylorimagineering website. I really like hands free operation.

Cheers,
Marcin
Davit Sicseek
View Profile
Inner circle
1818 Posts

Profile of Davit Sicseek
Quote:
Davit, you are quite right, most phones do remember the time that was set on the alarm however most spectator's will not The effect is not the phone going off, remember that! The effect is that the phone goes off at the specific moment in time that you predicted. Once the prediction has been revealed the time it took to get there becomes insignificant.

Not forgotten. I was just pointing out that the rationale for his question wasn't dealt with by Tom/Jim's reply. For what it's worth, the "problem" isn't a problem imo.
mattjohnson
View Profile
Elite user
Canada
451 Posts

Profile of mattjohnson
I still love you Davit Smile

MJ
mattjohnson
View Profile
Elite user
Canada
451 Posts

Profile of mattjohnson
The Moment is now being carried at http://www.hocus-pocus.com

Cheers,

MJ
iluzjonista
View Profile
Regular user
187 Posts

Profile of iluzjonista
I just received The Moment and I have to say this is not something I was expected although the idea of this gimmick is brilliant. This is very easy to do and you can do it just after opening the box. One of the strangest thing with this trick is that it looks absolutely impromptu and in the right situation it will be killer effect. I can see one weak thing regarding this effect- you will need table to perform this trick. This will not play well as a stage effect but this is excellent for walk around magicians. There is no reset and once you set-up your gimmick you are ready to do it whenever you want.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » "The Moment" Demo video (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL