The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Sleeving (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
PAUL K
View Profile
Special user
Massachusetts
547 Posts

Profile of PAUL K
Rocco performs in an elegant classy way by making liquid appear in a wine glass, and by making a popsicle and corn on the cob appear out out of nowhere. With the mag**t he has performed with staples going back together, batteries, pipecleaners and coins. He is a master at sleeving. What he does while he's doing it, which is difficult, is that he never looks at his hands while he's doing the moves.

On his DVDs on sleeving he goes into great detail on the type of clothes to wear, the lengths and opening of the sleeves and it makes it easy to learn from.

Paul
Loopback
View Profile
Veteran user
Lincoln, Nebraska
356 Posts

Profile of Loopback
I learned sleeving from Rocco's book "If it fits...Sleeve It" although I must admit I haven't seen his DVD's on the subject.
Redwulfe
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of Redwulfe
I have been on a large kick of trying to find books lately as much of the DVD work seems widely spread but many younger magician do not read, not all mind you. It seems to me that their are hidden gems in the books that blow newer magicians away due to a lack of exposure to that material. This is why I asked about the books. Thank you for your help in pointing me to the right direction guys. I really appreciate it. Looking forward to talking to everyone in the future.

Red
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
Greenwich (CT)
6799 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Sleeveless Sleeving DVD by Johan Stahl is another good source. There is no tell tale of the sleeving moves.

One of the great feats in Rocco's magic is how he reloads his sleeves right after he disposed of previously produced or changed props. He has built fantastic acts over the years. I already loved his first act with jewels and pearls and necklaces appearing and threading. Rocco will go down in history, IMHO.
Magic is the art of proving impossible things in parallel dimensions that can't be reached
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Sleeving (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL