The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Michael Giles Origami??? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

serg
View Profile
Elite user
Ukraine
433 Posts

Profile of serg
Hello,friends! Anybody know who builder of M.Giles Origami illusion? Very interesting presentation. You can see on:http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=4999&id=110760938965259 and video on youtube:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MldHSPlFcPQ .Look like not Gaughan and Wellington version,but great idea !May be you know Michael's e-mail? Thanks for the help.Serg.
flight10
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of flight10
This I believe is a Gaughan Origami. Michael Giles worked with Jim on the alterations. Not sure who did the artwork on the prop as I believe it was a used prop that was altered.
RVH Magic
View Profile
Special user
877 Posts

Profile of RVH Magic
I think that Craig Dickens build it for him with permission from Jim Steinmeyer.
Kyle^Ravin
View Profile
Inner circle
I slammed my head against
1070 Posts

Profile of Kyle^Ravin
Aren't those the Majestix?
flight10
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of flight10
Yes, They are.
serg
View Profile
Elite user
Ukraine
433 Posts

Profile of serg
Yes,probably Craig Dickens...i ask him,thanks,but may be Bill Smith or not?
flight10
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of flight10
Serg, my answer was to Kyle's question. Sorry. I am not sure who worked on this prop. Craig might have a better idea of who did.
Chezaday
View Profile
Inner circle
Naperville, IL
1670 Posts

Profile of Chezaday
Ya .. this one kinda falls into a different category. The Majestic's did buy and authorized Origami Illusion and then had it rebuilt by Craig Dickens. So, the performance rights were paid for and the new prop was built exclusively for them.

Is it better than the original illusion .. well, that's a matter of opinion. Each element of the Origami Illusion was designed to lead you in a certain direction. This version kinda points you in a certain direction.

I'm happy with the original version. Sometimes you don't need to mess with perfection ...

Steve
Frank Simpson
View Profile
Special user
SW Montana
881 Posts

Profile of Frank Simpson
I'm with you on this one, Steve... Sometimes people improve things to death, and nine times out of ten it's because they don't understand the value and strengths of the original in the first place!
Craig Dickens
View Profile
Veteran user
368 Posts

Profile of Craig Dickens
Boy, there is an oldie! I always felt that the prop should not be turned when the box is removed. If the mirror was still facing the audience it would offer an option. FYI- Steinmeyer agrees with you Steve and Frank and quite frankly... I do too. Really pretty prop though! Michael received my brand new suspension effect several months back that I will be offering once he completes a performance video. Believe it or not--a new take and look on the effect. Really excited about this one and super practical.
e-mail at:magicaldickens@aol.com
JoyJoy
View Profile
Special user
Germany
514 Posts

Profile of JoyJoy
The promo shows the Majestix - but this announcement at the beginning is edited out of the video and there is only Michael Giles written... Weird. What did happen with Stacy? Health impaired atm?
serg
View Profile
Elite user
Ukraine
433 Posts

Profile of serg
Thanks to all for the help and information,very interesting to see new video of suspension( new concept)...Serg.
Swann101
View Profile
Special user
539 Posts

Profile of Swann101
Being the magic awards, I think the Majestix went in that direction to throw of magicians and to try and add a little originality to the effect. But to the lay public the original would be the way to go.
Sorcerer
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Profile of Sorcerer
Quote:
On 2011-01-20 04:15, JoyJoy wrote:
The promo shows the Majestix - but this announcement at the beginning is edited out of the video and there is only Michael Giles written... Weird. What did happen with Stacy? Health impaired atm?

JoyJoy, as far as I know, sadly the Majestix "took separate paths" some time ago...
Another great couple broken...
Oliver Ross
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1723 Posts

Profile of Oliver Ross
If this is true Sorcerer it's too sad. I liked them very much, as I did with The Pendragons.

Good luck to both of them.

Anyway, The look of the illusion is nice and it has some originality in its presentation, but I have to agree with Swann101.

Oliver.
aboycemagic
View Profile
Regular user
New York
153 Posts

Profile of aboycemagic
I have heard from many sources that the Majestix have broken up. There's even another thread about it. The split happened years ago.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Michael Giles Origami??? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL