We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Gravity flipper problem (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jolyonjenkins
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
1156 Posts

Profile of jolyonjenkins
I have a Schoolcraft flipper that's served me well. But recently it's not been opening as well as I would like. Sometimes it needs just a little shake. I can get it back to normal by putting a silk in it and closing and opening it, and then it's fine for a short while but then it starts to stick again. I presume the problem is that the insert is moving very slightly. I've replaced the tape but still have the same problem. I'm tempted to try superglue to keep it firmly in place but before I do that, any other ideas?
Jolyon Jenkins
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2084 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
No other ideas beyond "don't use super glue".
It makes it a genuine pain to service the thing later.

Maybe try a different tape?
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5420 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Have you tried sending it back to Schoolcraft for repair? I can't speak for him because I buy my coins from the Master, Todd Lassen, and he always takes care of repairs, but it's worth asking.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5339 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
The shell portion probably has a very slight ding on its edge; examine it carefully with a magnifying glass. When you find it (or them) use an object - some recommend the bottom edge of a Bic disposable lighter - and push very slightly out on the edge from the inside and roll it slowly around the edge wherever you find a ding/dent. If all else fails please do contact Jamie Schoolcraft. I have not needed yet to have him repair anything but I hear that he is very good with repairing his creations.

Jim
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
Greenwich (CT)
6799 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Another possible problem is that your rubber band has become too loose: it happened to me and changing the band did the work. Try changing it...
Magic is the art of proving impossible things in parallel dimensions that can't be reached
manreb
View Profile
Special user
661 Posts

Profile of manreb
I had a Schoolcraft with the same problem. Larry O is correct, but the reason for my issue was the band was not equally distributed around the circumference of the insert. This caused unequal tension. Redo the band. And for G-d sake go back to the tape.
jolyonjenkins
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
1156 Posts

Profile of jolyonjenkins
Thank you, thank you. It looks like manreb had the answer. I took the band out, put it back again, and it seems fixed.
Jolyon Jenkins
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Gravity flipper problem (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL