The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Hook's chest anybody ? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1682 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Hey guys!

I'm considering purchasing this but I'd love to hear what you think about it first:

http://www.hanklee.org/xcart/product.php?productid=8539

How good is it ? Is it closer to a strong box in the workings (by Porper) or does it work the usual way ?

Thanks !
Ben
BanzaiMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1598 Posts

Profile of BanzaiMagic
For that price, it better blow the hinges off the Porper Strong box.
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
Greenwich (CT)
6799 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Joe Porper's strong box is better -it's more actual and opens the way to more credible scripts- plus you'll get the superb Gaetan Bloom's routine and ideas (worth paying the price)
Magic is the art of proving impossible things in parallel dimensions that can't be reached
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1682 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Thanks for the advice Lawrence!
I already own the strong box and it really is a nice item. I enjoyed a lot seeing Gaetan perform with it. However I was considering the Hook's chest because of its nice design wich can add a lot to a story... So the mechanics aren't the same then?
Ben
danskefogden
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of danskefogden
Anyone own this?
BanzaiMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1598 Posts

Profile of BanzaiMagic
The Hank Lee site obviously no longer exists so there is no photo at the site listed above, but I think this is what was referred to.

This is a very early Magic Wagon creation. Very collectable.

You can put something in or take something out and the box is examinable after the trick (unlike the Porper strong box).
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2047 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Quote:
On Dec 21, 2018, BanzaiMagic wrote:

You can put something in or take something out and the box is examinable after the trick (unlike the Porper strong box).

I think the strong box is quite examinable. For the V1 you just need to leave it unlocked/open.... hand the lock and box out to separate people and you should be fine. The V2 can be handed out locked or closed.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Hook's chest anybody ? (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL