The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Figure Table (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Steve at The Dummy Shoppe
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Profile of Steve at The Dummy Shoppe
Buzz,

Something else you will learn about Clinton. If he tells you something and it does not happen the way he told you. . . check with his wife to see what hospital he is in. If he is out and about, you can take his word to the bank and make a deposit. Clinton is the ultimate gentleman.

Steve
http://www.thedummyshoppe.com
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco & Los Angeles California
3288 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Quote:
On 2011-01-23 13:20, Steve at The Dummy Shoppe wrote:
Buzz,

Something else you will learn about Clinton. If he tells you something and it does not happen . . check with his wife

Steve

Steve,

HAHA, it is impossible to talk to Clinton’s wife, Clinton has decided not to give out his phone number any longer.
All correspondence is by email. But he has sold me very good books on learning to be a vent.
Buzz
Dickens & Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
North Central Florida
1813 Posts

Profile of Dickens & Dave
Quote:
On 2011-01-23 12:52, tacrowl wrote:
He does not build the cases for sale. I believe there is a blueprint out there. Seems to me, several vents from the Café have built similar cases. Perhaps one of them will be able to direct you.
Tom

If anyone here has that, I sure would be appreciate seeing it!

A long time ago I had someone send me instructions on how to make a Maher type case, the instructions were brief, and not complete, (they were going to finish later but never did), but I figure I had enough to info to attempt it, but never did.

Quote:
On 2011-01-23 11:25, tacrowl wrote:
Buzz, have you considered a tall case? Bill DeMar designed one that holds his figures and they sit on it when he brings them out. Saves him carrying an extra prop.

Paul Stadelman also used a case like that, it was long and narrow and would hold Windy without having to fold his legs over and was tall enough for Paul to use as a stand for Windy to sit on.
http://dickensndave.bravehost.com/index.html

"Oh that I had wings like a dove! for then would I fly away, and be at rest."
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
3288 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
[quote]A long time ago I had someone send me instructions on how to make a Maher type case, the instructions were brief, and not complete, (they were going to finish later but never did), but I figure I had enough to info to attempt it, but never did.
[quote\]

here is additional information for making the case, Clinton explained it to me in an email

Buzz

Buzz:

The cases are custom made for my by Atlas Case Co. in Denver. The owner is a friend. They've built my cases for well over 30 years. Made to my specs. I purchase in quantity to get best price. I do all lining and padding myself, install the cords to hold the lids, make the head unit, etc. I used to have a separate building and specially ventilated glue room to work in, but since retirement I don't have that facility. So have to work out of doors when lining cases - I have to wait for warmer weather.

Clinton
Dickens & Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
North Central Florida
1813 Posts

Lining and padding the case, I'm good. I made a couple of figure trunks myself which I padded and lined with glove leather, but I made them out of wood and they proved to be too heavy to carry (but they are certainly protective).

Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
3288 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Your way more handy then I am,

I am very busy getting everything set.

I registered a web site domain name and am going to use the ISP that handles the Café to host it.

Then I have another thread about the magic wands.
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Buzz,

If you are looking for a great webmaster, I can recommend Steve Hurst. He does everything for Ventriloquist Central, he does The Dummy Shoppe, and several others. He knows exactly how to posture your site to maximize your exposure. If you are interested, you can contact him at webmaster@ventriloquistcentral.com

I did not know if you already had someone to do that, but I thought I would throw that out there for you. He is also as reasonable as anybody in the price department.

Steve
Joseph_Then
View Profile
Special user
747 Posts

Profile of Joseph_Then
OK, let me give my input as to how I did my vent table...

I ordered the Viking stand from Viking Magic:
http://www.vikingmagic.com/?nd=full&key=307

It comes with a flange. I took the flange, went to a carpenter and ask them to fix the flange to a wooden board. The dimension of my wooden board is about 20" x 10" x 1/2", covering the wooden-top with nonwoven poly olefin fiber. Basically, nonwoven poly olefin fiber is just a substitute to the soft side of a velcro.

As the end, the whole thing is super-duper light, less than 1kg, I believe. Works well for me.
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
3288 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Quote:
On 2011-01-24 04:27, Joseph_Then wrote:
OK, let me give my input as to how I did my vent table...

I ordered the Viking stand from Viking Magic:
http://www.vikingmagic.com/?nd=full&key=307

That looks like an excellent stand for the price. I am going to order a stand today and use it for something in the routine,

The stand is a better deal than any photography stand I have now

Thanks for pointing me to it.
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
3288 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Quote:
On 2011-01-24 03:55, Steve at The Dummy Shoppe wrote:
Buzz,

If you are looking for a great webmaster, I can recommend Steve Hurst. He does everything for Ventriloquist Central, he does The Dummy Shoppe, and several others.

I did not know if you already had someone to do that,

Steve;
Your 3 days too late; on Friday, I spoke to Mary with GMB WebWorks Hosting and Design, the ISP that serves the Magic Café and I pointed my web address “NotMovingMyLips.com” to start whatever it takes to get me going.

I have other web sites on a different server. Steve Brooks has said in his posts that GMB WebWorks Hosting and Design does such a good job for the café to keep them up, I wanted to support the café any way I can

She has given me a smoking price to do everything for me. All I need to do is shake my head yes to what they do and send a check.

BTW I see that you fixed your keyboard, I can now see your posts on my screen lol
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
3288 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Quote:
On 2011-01-24 03:55, Steve at The Dummy Shoppe wrote:
Buzz,

If you are looking for a great webmaster, I can recommend Steve Hurst. He does everything for Ventriloquist Central, he does The Dummy Shoppe, and several others.

I did not know if you already had someone to do that,

Steve;
Your 3 days too late; on Friday, I spoke to Mary with GMB WebWorks Hosting and Design, the ISP that serves the Magic Café and I pointed my web address “NotMovingMyLips.com” to start whatever it takes to get me going.

I have other web sites on a different server. Steve Brooks has said in his posts that GMB WebWorks Hosting and Design does such a good job for the café to keep them up, I wanted to support the café any way I can

She has given me a smoking price to do everything for me. All I need to do is shake my head yes to what they do and send a check.

BTW I see that you fixed your keyboard, I can now see your posts on my screen lol
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
3288 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
I still don't know why my posts post 2 times
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Maybe your double post problem is caused by the same thing that made my post look fuzzy - lol

Steve
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
3288 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Quote:
On 2011-01-24 13:41, Steve at The Dummy Shoppe wrote:
Maybe your double post problem is caused by the same thing that made my post look fuzzy - lol

I think not; my screen goes fuzzy when a post says something about me giving something away for free.

My screen reverts to HD quality, with a HDMI interface digital, global connectivity standard for items that are offered to me free

…hint…
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Now its my screen that has gone fuzzy. What the heck?

Steve
www.thedummyshoppe
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
3288 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Quote:
On 2011-01-24 15:10, Steve at The Dummy Shoppe wrote:
Now its my screen that has gone fuzzy. What the heck?

Come to my web site, where with every purchase over $500.00, your screen is LIKE MAGIC, cleared of any fuzziness*

*Offer not valid anywhere near Vancouver, WA , or where dummies are manufactured
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

I guess that counts me out since dummies are all that we make at The Dummy Shoppe.

Steve
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
3288 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Quote:
On 2011-01-24 17:31, Steve at The Dummy Shoppe wrote:
I guess that counts me out since dummies are all that we make at The Dummy Shoppe.

Good point; maybe you should stop making dummies and start making money.

I ordered the ZUPAN'S PROFESSIONAL MONEY MACHINE, it’s fabulous; it works by placing plain paper into the machine and hundred dollar bills come out the other end.

I ordered it 3 weeks ago from Italy and it is lost in transit,

I’m going to be rich.
Dickens & Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
North Central Florida
1813 Posts

I had one once, you put hundred dollar bills in and plain paper came out the other end. I couldn't afford to use it. Smile

Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
3288 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Blueshawk
that's what happens when you build it yourself. try the store bought model.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Figure Table (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL