The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » 3cf gimmick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DGabbay
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of DGabbay
I have a 3cf gimmick but don't really want to use the flipper aspect right now so much and wish to essentially temporarily close the flipper rendering it a solid coin. I imagine I can put some double stick tape but then I wouldn't know how to pull it apart when I wanted it to become a working flipper again? Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.
benjie84
View Profile
Loyal user
New Jersey
234 Posts

Profile of benjie84
Im not sure I would advise, I cant think how to pull it apart without prying...and then it could damage it. Reach out to Jamie and see what he thinks.

-Ben
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Why not just set it aside and use a solid coin in its place? Just a thought.

Jim
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1786 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
Quote:
On 2011-01-22 02:17, J-Mac wrote:
Why not just set it aside and use a solid coin in its place? Just a thought.

Jim

That would require a special coin from Schoolcraft.

Sammy
Sammy J. Teague
benjie84
View Profile
Loyal user
New Jersey
234 Posts

Profile of benjie84
Perhaps Jamie can sell you the "special coin" to make it a 3CM...its worth a shot! Smile

-Ben
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
Oregon City Oregon, Oregon
2473 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
Depending on how you handle the coin, could one turn the coin upside down. Having the flipper action facing up and letting gravity do the work for you?

Pinch the coin front and back when you display the coin.

My 3cf is on its way so I am only commenting without seeing the coin.

Processing out loud.

RevJohn
DGabbay
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of DGabbay
Benjie> yeah I thought about that but I don't want to spend more on the gimmick. I like the flipper aspect but for practical purposes I feel having the final coin as a solid coin is better. Yes you lose the flipper aspect but the somewhat simplified already complex gimmick makes it more practical. I imagine schoolcraft can make me one, but I was hoping I wouldn't have to pay more for an already pricey gimmick. Well this is the tangled web we weave.
manreb
View Profile
Special user
666 Posts

Profile of manreb
Just a thought, use a small, very small amount of magician wag to close it. Then when you decide to use it as a flipper drop it into boiling water, this should release it enough so that a strip of duct tape can be used to separate the flipper from the [. I tried this on a schoolcrft flipper and it worked.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » 3cf gimmick (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL