The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » High Heels and Houdini's Chinese Water Torture Cell (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
mightydog
View Profile
Regular user
Michigan now living in the Florida panha
156 Posts

Profile of mightydog
Quote:
On 2011-01-26 11:35, Banester wrote:
Hey thought this was something pretty cool...

Houdini introducing the Water Torture Cell

This is his real voice and not recreated.

quick question;
If Houdini died in 1936 how is that his real voice? Seams to me if he is dead the only way you could hear him speak is by a recording. (recreation?)

Just wondering Smile

mightydog
David
Illusion and magic is the same, if it was possible to achieve the impossible by genuine powers then it wouldn’t be impossible and therefore it wouldn’t be magic. That’s why magic is an art; the art of creating the illusion of the impossible.
Raphael Benatar

mightydog
David
lemon ice
View Profile
New user
Memory Alpha on my PADD making
33 Posts

Profile of lemon ice
@mightydog

Pretty sure he means that it's not an actor portraying Houdini. It's an actual recording of Houdini's real voice.
"I could do the hop de passe de shift sauter la coupe."
angelx03
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of angelx03
So when are we going to see this in action?
Banester
View Profile
Special user
669 Posts

Profile of Banester
Mightydog don't you know he is hanging out with Elvis!?!?

Yes a recording of his voice.
The art of a magician is to create wonder.
If we live with a sense of wonder, our lives
become filled with joy
-Doug Henning-
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5732 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Quote:
On 2011-01-27 21:31, mightydog wrote:

quick question;
If Houdini died in 1936 how is that his real voice?

He died in 1926.
mightydog
View Profile
Regular user
Michigan now living in the Florida panha
156 Posts

Profile of mightydog
Ahh well give or take a decade who's counting? rofl..Yeah I knew what he meant just kidding a bit. Elvis Huh? rofl.. And Alan I be from Michigan myself. Born in Trenton raised in Milan and worked in Ypsilanti. GO BLUE!! rofl Alan probably knows what I mean..

mightydog
David
Illusion and magic is the same, if it was possible to achieve the impossible by genuine powers then it wouldn’t be impossible and therefore it wouldn’t be magic. That’s why magic is an art; the art of creating the illusion of the impossible.
Raphael Benatar

mightydog
David
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5732 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Quote:
On 2011-01-29 00:55, mightydog wrote:
Ahh well give or take a decade who's counting? rofl..Yeah I knew what he meant just kidding a bit. Elvis Huh? rofl.. And Alan I be from Michigan myself. Born in Trenton raised in Milan and worked in Ypsilanti. GO BLUE!! rofl Alan probably knows what I mean..

mightydog
David

I've been to both Trenton and Ypsi, but don't recall going to Milan. My brother is a State fan, but I have no allegiances, since I went to a small college. You're missing out on the snowy, icy, slushy roads! I can't wait to turn my attention to some future car shopping - something with front wheel drive.
Craig Dickens
View Profile
Veteran user
367 Posts

Profile of Craig Dickens
Okay, more information--
David Copperfield bought the charred remains of the Cell and John Gaughan rebuilt it using the original parts along with replacement materials where necessary. Original parts included screws, hardware, metal edging and trims. Almost no wood.
e-mail at:magicaldickens@aol.com
Chezaday
View Profile
Inner circle
Naperville, IL
1670 Posts

Profile of Chezaday
As I remember, Houdini's wishes were to have all his props destroyed after his death. For one reason or another this wasn't honored.

I have yet to see what's left of the original Water Torture Cell .. maybe one day I'll be lucky enough to see the museum.

Steve
Banester
View Profile
Special user
669 Posts

Profile of Banester
Steve I always wondered why Hardeen never destreoyed the effects like his brother wanted as well.
The art of a magician is to create wonder.
If we live with a sense of wonder, our lives
become filled with joy
-Doug Henning-
Chezaday
View Profile
Inner circle
Naperville, IL
1670 Posts

Profile of Chezaday
Yes, I just read about his will .. all his magical effects went to his brother Hardeen. Upon his death all his props were to be destroyed. I know Sid Radner had a friendship with Hardeen and one way or another acquired many of Houdini's props.

All very interesting ...

Steve
Richard Sherry
View Profile
Veteran user
Calgary, AB, Canada
313 Posts

Profile of Richard Sherry
Hello. We have had several requests to post pictures of the entire Houdini Water Torture Cell so here they are for those interested. They are the last two pictures in the facebook album.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=34......f045d006

Thanks for all the kind words and support!

Take care

Richard
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » High Heels and Houdini's Chinese Water Torture Cell (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL