The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Swami Spirit Altar II - Lebanon Circle (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
LebanonCircle
View Profile
Special user
London, UK
908 Posts

Profile of LebanonCircle
It's been a few years in the making but it's finally here! Ladies and Gentlemen, may I present to you the mysterious Swami Spirit Altar. Little is known about the device other than that it predates The Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn by a number of years but was thought to reside in the Isis-Urania Temple in London from 1888. The Altar incorporates Masonic, Egyptian, Astrological and Occult symbology and was believed to be used as a tool for contacting the spirit world.

More details to follow but for now enjoy the images...

Regards

Dan

Lebanon Circle
Vic Nadata
View Profile
Special user
Charlotte, NC
935 Posts

Profile of Vic Nadata
Very cool Dan!
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
That is magnificent.... wowsa... and has Anubis on it too... one of my fav hound transdimensional beings....

Wowsaaaaaa
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
RCP
View Profile
Inner circle
Two Minnie's in The Hell's Half Acre, The Republic of Texas
2183 Posts

Profile of RCP
Dan, you and Roth must be the devils seed. Have you no soul, no conscious? How are we to feed our families? Homeless yes, but I will have a shopping cart full of treasures. Smile
dsacks
View Profile
Special user
609 Posts

Profile of dsacks
Absolutely beautiful....another thing to save my pennies for Smile
Christopher Gould
View Profile
Inner circle
in special pants.
1029 Posts

Profile of Christopher Gould
A thing of transcendent beauty.
The Moon is now to be found in the constellation of Gemini:
https://www.geminiartifacts.com
Sid Helkule
View Profile
Inner circle
Australia
1481 Posts

Profile of Sid Helkule
Simply stunning, Dan.
Quatermass
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of Quatermass
Quote:
On 2011-01-23 16:07, RCP wrote:
Dan, you and Roth must be the devils seed. Have you no soul, no conscious? How are we to feed our families? Homeless yes, but I will have a shopping cart full of treasures. Smile

Dan has a soul....
seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3200 Posts

Profile of seadog93
Too fu**ing cool!!!!!
"Love is the magician who pulls man out of his own hat" - Ben Hecht

"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing'. Between the two, my life flows." -Nisargadatta Maharaj

Seadog=C-Dawg=C.ou.rtn.ey Kol.b
WitchDoctor
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of WitchDoctor
Dan,
really pretty^^
how can I get that?

Best,
W.D.
WhY SO SErIOUS?
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1976 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
Dan: your stuff just keeps getting better and better...you are truly an 'untouchable' in this field, and I mean that term in its most postive of connotations! The attention to detail and the artistry is unbelievable! Love the eye....the shape and functionality of the cabinet is really cool. Looking forward to seeing this at Doomsday....
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3349 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
No words are necessary....this is stunning beauty!
I WANT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Roni
View Profile
Elite user
405 Posts

Profile of Roni
Hi Dan,
This looks amazing and I am sure it will be great in a show. It has everything the Mystery entertainer may need to store his stuff plus I am sure it will also do eerie Seance routines.
Cheers
Roni
justcookin
View Profile
Regular user
122 Posts

Profile of justcookin
I'm most curious about what it can do, other than making us scream like little girls Smile
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Quote:
On 2011-01-24 18:24, justcookin wrote:
I'm most curious about what it can do, other than making us scream like little girls Smile

Isn't that enough????
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
LebanonCircle
View Profile
Special user
London, UK
908 Posts

Profile of LebanonCircle
Thanks for the great feedback everyone! Swami Spirit Altar II has been a few years in the making, I only made 10 of the first version and since then I've been hounded to make more. As with everything I do, I never rush work, I just let it evolve over time to a point where the piece almost creates itself.

The concept is exactly the same as Swami 1. A bell, tambourine, music box or whistle is hung from a hook inside the void and the chosen instrument will respond to questions under seance conditions. Nothing new in terms of spirit bell effects BUT the swami altar is completely clean - no magents, RC units, battery compartments - nothing.

The sides can be opened to reveal the void inside the pyramid, the lid is removable and the brass pyramid is also empty. This has a secret compartment that can be opened for a revelation effect later in the performance if you wish or you can just show the compartment to be empty should a spectator want to look inside. The drawer can be completely removed and you can either perform the effect with either the brass pyramid, Swami Doll of nothing at all on top of the pyramid (other than the lid that is used to hang the instrument of choice). The Doll and brass pyramid are purely aesthetic and have no mechanical purpose. In fact nothing has any mechanical purpose, it's completely clean.

The symbology of the brass cogs and clock movement is a Victorian tongue in cheek joke, externally it looks like a machine yet inside there is nothing proving that the device runs by supernatural means...

I also offer customisation on the brass etchwork should you want something in particular such as dates, quotes, images all provided as part of the price.

Unlike Swami 1 this is not a limited item and I will continue to make them as long as there is demand but the first 4 of the 5 are sold and have been for a number of months. I have one left and after that I'll be making one every 6 weeks or so from August onwards. Just PM me if you're interested.

I'll be posting a 'first look' video soon which'll give you a guided tour.

Those going to Tabula Mentis V in April will be able to see the altar for themselves...

Until next time!

Dan

Lebanon Circle
Seth speaks
View Profile
Inner circle
New Mexico
1250 Posts

Profile of Seth speaks
How absolutely gorgeous--even more so than the originals! Dan, you are a genius.

(And no magnets, remotes, or batteries means that specs can freely reduce it to splinters with hammers and chainsaws, but won't find a THING!) Smile

Even if I had the cash, my wife would never allow this... but I'm drooling anyway... Thanks for showing it!

Seth
Lord Freddie
View Profile
Inner circle
1093 Posts

Profile of Lord Freddie
Truly astonishing piece of art!
I intend to aquire one of these when finances permit. A jewel in the crown of any bizarre performance.
Roni
View Profile
Elite user
405 Posts

Profile of Roni
The more I look at the pictures the more I love it! The concept is great and I am sure it will be treasured by many mystery entertainers.
Cheers
Roni
justcookin
View Profile
Regular user
122 Posts

Profile of justcookin
Quote:
On 2011-01-24 20:28, Dr Spektor wrote:
Isn't that enough????

imagine the spectator paying for a giggling performer Smile

seriously though, this looks like a piece of art - I especially like the 'no magnets, no RC...' part, it just adds to the authencity, and perhaps, shelf-life.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Swami Spirit Altar II - Lebanon Circle (4 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL