The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » How Long? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Rotten
View Profile
Special user
833 Posts

Profile of Rotten
Here is who I studied with. If you have the time and money it is well worth it. He's a great teacher and a fantastic performer. Come to Florida and enjoy the weather.

http://www.MacCrawHypnosis.com/

Best of luck,
Ted
Mindpro
View Profile
Inner circle
9527 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Quote:
On 2011-01-24 07:44, Shrubsole wrote:
At least when you are ready (opinions vary Smile ) having an act makes for easier integration and greater safety net than just going out as a full blown Hypnotist Show. Especially easy if you are a mentalist or do a mental magic piece in your existing act. The Manchurian Approach (Anthony Jacquin) covers this integration nicely.

Why on earth if you could do stage hypnosis would you want to simply integrate this as part of a magic show? This reduces the impact of hypnosis to simply that of a trick to the audience. This makes no sense to me. If you are a skilled performer (in hypnosis) why would you want to do this. It sounds like he's looking to evolve by becoming a stage hypnotist. Perhaps he may want to offer two completely separate shows, but I don't understand this sentiment. It won't lessen or make doing the hypnosis any easier or quicker. If anything it will reduce it and more than likely minimize it.
dmkraig
View Profile
Inner circle
1949 Posts

Profile of dmkraig
Tony, I'd LOVE to read your review! Please consider posting it here.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6131 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Ant isn't a stage hypnotist. So I would keep away from his material. He will be the first to tell you that himself.
JonChase
View Profile
Loyal user
Exeter, UK
208 Posts

Profile of JonChase
I spent five minutes with my mentor and ten minutes later had the barman on the floor. I started my stage show after spending about 2 months travelling around and watching other people. Died on my a-ss the first show and never did again.

I knew nothing about the theory or psychology of hypnosis but then fortunately neither did my audiences.

I did eventually read and study but it isn't absolutely necessary.

At the end of the day it's about having gonads of brass and little else.
Smiles

Jon Chase

http://jonathanchase.com
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Profile of Anthony Jacquin
Just to correct MP. I am a stage hypnotist and regularly perform stage hypnosis. I was trained by the best teacher of stage hypnosis in the UK I could find, Jon Chase. However I do not train people in stage hypnosis, do not plan to teach stage hypnosis and do not cover this aspect of the art in my materials.

I recommend you checkout Deeper and Deeper both book and video and if still available get on his course if you want to learn this model. It is pragmatic, practical and if you ask the author good questions, you will get good answers. You might not like the answers but it will save you time.

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Reality is Plastic! The Art of Impromptu Hypnosis
Updated for 2016

Now on Kindle and Audible!
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6131 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
I stand corrected..
quicknotist
View Profile
Special user
888 Posts

Profile of quicknotist
Yes. All Jon's material is really good.
Haven't seen much of anybody else's but I also enjoyed Alex Duvall's eBook and more recently (so shoot me) Jonathan Royle's DVDs (if you can still get hold of them.)
JonChase
View Profile
Loyal user
Exeter, UK
208 Posts

Profile of JonChase
LOL Reg, avoiding them is nearly impossible ;-0 Thanks Ant.
Smiles

Jon Chase

http://jonathanchase.com
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
[\quote] It sounds like he's looking to evolve by becoming a stage hypnotist. Perhaps he may want to offer two completely separate shows[/quote]

Bingo. I'm looking to offer another type of show. It may take me a few years of hard work, but I want to have a FUN, interactive, and professional show.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » How Long? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL