The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Wiz Kote Machine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
mrmetropolis
View Profile
Regular user
who has only made
155 Posts

Profile of mrmetropolis
Two issues with the electronic cigarette... First, there would be nicotine in the air. Probably not a good thing for children. Perhaps you could try replacing the nicotine dipped cotton inside with cotton dipped in fog juice? If that would even work. Second is air displacement. To get the smoke out... you would have to use a air pump system like Lou mentioned with, I would imagine high powered suction/blower. Pushing air into a small box pushes air out as well. I think there might be an issue with that. A non-pyro smoke system "I don't think" would push the air out... per say.

You could use a fog machine, which you can get battery powered and small around 8"x 3" x 3" but they cost 700 bux minimum. Three inches seems pretty large for a wiz kote.

Back to the original topic, a modified wiz kote. Nothing beats borrowing something from a spectator and changing it with magic. The best version IMO is the sneaker tweaker version, it has a buffer and it's purely visual. You can't produce the shoe from somewhere else but the effect for the audience is close to the same. For a more adult audience... cellulator, also somewhat smaller for transport. To change the effect you could change the item used, or find something else to do with a shoe. Polishing or cleaning seems ideal... Maybe approach it differently from what I have seen... ask for a kid who has really dirty shoes with mud/grass stains to raise their hands, go out and try and find the kid with the dirtiest shoe instead of just asking for any volunteer. That approach might lead you to a kid in the audience who's parents can't afford good shoes and it might make the parents feel bad. After that rant, yeah a random volunteer would be the better approach. The whole "change the shoe into something else like a different color, etc.." approach doesn't work for me either... why change just one shoe? Then the kid would have a mismatched shoe. Perhaps two wiz kotes and two volunteers with the premise of them changing places "teleporters" . Double the money, double the fun. The one thing I would change with the wiz kote is the name on the front. wiz kote... it is silly. It makes no sense and I think kids would feel your playing down to them which seems contrived IMO. I do like Wolfs sonic shoe shine name, that is realistic. Ok, done ranting...
"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary, for those who do not, none will suffice".-Joseph Dunninger http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4wL5fX3xGQ
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4632 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
I have both the "Dirt Eradicator" and the "Sneeker Tweeker". I have to say that the DE electronic match is more reliable, 100%. Chance's solution is very good, but has not always been 100%, I wish there were TWO glo-plugs, just in case you "overload" one of them.
No doubt, the Sneeker Tweeker is a MUCH smaller prop - the Dirt Eradicator is a HUGE piece of kit to haul around. the plot is simple and very sweet - but for all these shoe-burning effects, you really need to go out into the audience and find an appropriate sized (black?) shoe. Looking for the dirtiest shoe isn't an option.
I really like this effect, and have a fab routine for whichever unit I choose to employ. Even though I'm a big fan of Wolf's Magic, this is one case where if I'm honest, I'd rather work with my easy-to-use, and 100% reliable "Dirt Eradicator". Yes, the prop is massive....yes, it's a pain to set up.....but overall, from a performer's point of view, I'd rather use this than the simpler, more magical, and more efficient "Sneeker Tweeker".
This is speaking from the perspective of many performances,
David Garrity
View Profile
Special user
525 Posts

Profile of David Garrity
Tony Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
North Carolina
1248 Posts

Profile of Tony Thomas
So, this is the final design that I have decided to go with.
http://s889.photobucket.com/albums/ac96/......inal.jpg

What do y'all think?

Posted: Apr 4, 2011 4:37pm
Here are some actual pics...
http://s889.photobucket.com/albums/ac96/......View.jpg
From the Encouraging Magic of...
Tony Thomas
www.magictonythomas.com
wdwfan71
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of wdwfan71
Very nice!
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Very nice, Tony!!!!!

How did you do the custom graphics?

Regan
Mister Mystery
Tony Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
North Carolina
1248 Posts

Profile of Tony Thomas
I had George leave off the words "Wiz Kote" and had Fast Signs make both the graphic, the numbers, and the words "Micro-Clean!". They drew it up, cut it out, and applied the adhesive labels, all for $40 - Which I thought was pretty good.
From the Encouraging Magic of...
Tony Thomas
www.magictonythomas.com
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Thanks Tony. I think it was pretty good too! It looks really nice.
Mister Mystery
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Wiz Kote Machine (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL