The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Is this any good? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Strange Tasting Fish Sticks
View Profile
1988 - 2013
The Big Brother is watching you
1095 Posts

Profile of Strange Tasting Fish Sticks
I know I flashed a bit, and fumbled the last part a little bit. Sorry about that guys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rh7TqfPSuNk

Thanks to Ponta the smith, Eric Jones, Homer Liwag and MB for help
MB/Homer - Liwag
Eric Jones - from the move in Metal
Ponta the smith - tenkai pennies
Ponta the smith (modified) - modification to the same move with 2 coins.
jazzy snazzy
View Profile
Inner circle
run off by a mob of Villagers wielding
2109 Posts

Profile of jazzy snazzy
Looks good! Wish I could do that Tenkai move.
Can you make the coins appear one at a time? It would seem more magical IMHO.
"The secret of life is to look good from a distance."
-Charles Schulz
Orb
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of Orb
How do you justify, motivate or cover the sound of the 2 last coins vanishing when performing that part?

Also, I'd like to ask, why do you (as in. most people, including ponta himself) do the tenkai pennies as a throw, and then appear, instead of having your hand closed, making the second coin appear like normal, and then open your closed hand to reveal it's empty? To me that's much more magical and mystical, I'd just like to hear your reasoning. I guess that kind of makes it more into a transpo, whereas this is somehow more of a vanish then reappearence.

Overall, great smoothness and flow, you got some serious chops mate! I really like the idea of making both the coins appear at once.
Chad Sanborn
View Profile
Inner circle
my fingers hurt from typing,
2205 Posts

Profile of Chad Sanborn
Well you asked if this was any good so I am gonna say NO!
Its not a routine and is just a bunch of sleights in a sequence. And as you admit, some of them were not done very well.
But all is not lost! I record videos like this all the time. I just don't share them with anyone. I can use them to judge angles and how I am progressing on new sleights. Great for training, bad for public viewing.
Orb
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of Orb
To his defense, this is a forum, where I would assume he put the sleights together to see how well they would fare and get critique. If he would perform as a proper routine there might very well be misdirection and patter involved, the same way Ponta the Smith most likely does it.
Strange Tasting Fish Sticks
View Profile
1988 - 2013
The Big Brother is watching you
1095 Posts

Profile of Strange Tasting Fish Sticks
Chad thanks for your feedback. Funny the routines I think are good other people hate. The routines that I think are bad other people love, lol.

I'll work on it. I reallly thought it was good, maybe got some work to do more.

I do it for people all the time, I say a patter saying they're magnetic. I do the finger tip muscle pass (Curtis Kam Style, palms up), then go into this, they really think they're magnetic. I had one guy who was so sure they were magnetic he took the morgan and dropped it 6 feet to the ground...thinking it would fly back. It's a good effect I've learned to do slower. You gotta let them for them to realize the coin has vanished, as soon as they do, THEN produce the second one.

The 2 coin production isn't my idea. It's Ponta the smith's idea.
Wes65
View Profile
Inner circle
I've said very little in
1219 Posts

Profile of Wes65
A video is not always the best judge of the quality of a routine. The camera is a great tool that can help you improve, but it is not a be-all end-all judge.
Wes
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Is this any good? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL