The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Tie Dyes In Silk Fountains (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Al Leach
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Al Leach
Hello Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with, or has an opinion on how tie dyes look in a silk fountain?

Peace- Al Leach
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7353 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Tie dyes would work but they have to a lot of variation in the patterns to show up. A lot of the design is lost on stage and with the overlap of the silks. I made 32 variations of tie dye patterns for a guy. So a lot of variations are possible.

I prefer to use solid colors and end with a tie dye that is kind of a repeated of the initial fountain color sequence.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Al Leach
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Al Leach
Tnanks Richard,

It is hard to imagine what the different types of fountains might look like. I am suspecting that the people with the best fountains might be keeping the images of them off the internet. It would be nice to be able to experiment but the cost is prohibitive and the silks probably would be bespoke.

I admire the specialty silk profession, you guys are keeping a wonderful kind of applied art alive.

I am getting the feeling that a silk fountain is something that just kind of evolves over time. This is probably just as it should be Smile

Peace- Al
Jimmy Joza
View Profile
Special user
New York City
742 Posts

Profile of Jimmy Joza
I am with Richard in terms of preferring to use solid colors for the fountain.

In some ways, a larger tie dye silk at the end of the silk fountain makes for a more "logical" and visual progression to the silk fountain. Visually, one tie dye after another in a silk fountaing may not seem as "different" to the eyes as different color silks flowing one after another.

I have used tie dye silk streamers as part of the final load from silk fountain, along with doves (when I had them) and feather flower bouquets.

Jimmy
"Those who simply walk in others' tracks leave no footprints."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Tie Dyes In Silk Fountains (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL