The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Patrick Redford DVD on Any Card at Any Number coming soon (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
Jean-Luc.R.
View Profile
Inner circle
QUEBEC - CANADA
1389 Posts

Profile of Jean-Luc.R.
I received an email from PATRICK REDFORD and his take on the Any Card @ Any Number plot.

See the demo video here: http://vimeo.com/19329505

"Hey Folks!

I'm very excited to announce the upcoming, March, release of a DVD
called Hands Off - my take on the Any Card @ Any Number plot.

The disc itself includes three different approaches to this classic
card puzzler. The main effect is perhaps the most exciting. It
allows for the deck of cards to remain in full view in its box the
entire time completely untouched by the performer. The subject may
remove the cards, do all the counting, and yet any card is at any
position named. The deck is clean, the box may be handled freely, and
there's no complex math to perform, no stacks to remember, and no
sleights to execute. Also the subjects really have a free choice of
naming any card and any number.

If you're familiar with my original version from Mendacity you know
that the deck couldn't be tossed out and opened by an audience
member. In this new version it can.

Also included is a stage version where the deck remains isolated in a
bag held by an audience member, removed from the bag from an audience
member, and counted by that same audience member without the performer
touching the deck.

Finally the DVD ends with a demonstration and explanation of my
Impromptu approach called Fantasy Impromptu. This version involves
one move that will take some time to master, but it's well worth
learning.

See the demo video here: http://vimeo.com/19329505 "
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3487 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
If the main effect plays how it reads then it is real magic , so basically it is impossible as was The original Berglas effect. Cannot possibly be done that clean I don't care what the ad reads or the demo shows it cannot possibly happen dream on.
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1533 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
That sounds nice, but I am a bit disappointed that the trailer is cut, and was edited in a way that we cannot see the entire routine... can you give us more details Patrick? Smile
Hands-off ACAAN - freely chosen card and number : http://doriancaudal.wix.com/miracaan
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3545 Posts

Profile of Turk
The price and purchasing source(s)?

Also, did I misunderstand this video? I only ask since, to me, the video suggests that at least two decks were in play--the one in his hand (and which he instantly changed away from after the card and number were named) and the one on the mantlepiece). If that is the case, this has me wondering how many more decks, if any, might have to be used to cover all outs. I only mention this because the video has me wondering about the cleanness and practicality of the method used.

I can hardly wait for others to buy this and post reviews on this latest ACAAN effort.
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
Jean-Luc.R.
View Profile
Inner circle
QUEBEC - CANADA
1389 Posts

Profile of Jean-Luc.R.
I think it is not out yet
Available in March 2011
From Patrick Redford website
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1533 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
As Turk said, I also noticed than at 0:39 the deck is blue, he is talking about the deck he's holding (5 of clubs, number 7), and at 1:10 the deck the spectator is counting is red... disappointing! Is there not only one deck used? Is it possible to see a whole performance?
Hands-off ACAAN - freely chosen card and number : http://doriancaudal.wix.com/miracaan
John Carey
View Profile
V.I.P.
1047 Posts

Profile of John Carey
Vids won't play
entermagic
View Profile
Special user
903 Posts

Profile of entermagic
From the video looks like a variant of Route 01 by David Forest,
maybe I made a mistake.

MP
Jean-Luc.R.
View Profile
Inner circle
QUEBEC - CANADA
1389 Posts

Profile of Jean-Luc.R.
It woks for me

Must be your browser..

http://vimeo.com/19329505
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
3796 Posts

Profile of JanForster
It's good, read Patrick's "Mendacity"... Smile Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1908 Posts

Profile of ted french
2 decks in play. The deck that the revelation comes from(get ready for the screaming caps) IS ON DISPLAY THE WHOLE TIME AND THE PERFORMER TOUCHES IT FOR 1 SECOND TO OPEN THE BOX. It uses a gimmick to do the work and it is very clever. If you are looking for the one that uses one deck and the performer doesn't touch the deck at all, the one that is actually magic or that requires you to get lucky, this is NOT IT. If you want a ACAAN that is easy, does not require a memorized deck, and looks like the real thing then THIS IS the one to buy. Look we understand that you have been abused and taken advantage of by ACAAN's in the past but baby we've changed I promise we will be good to you this time. Seriously though this routine is very practical just look for some of the routines of the previous version from Mendacity.

Posted: Jan 31, 2011 7:15pm
Thanks Jan for the endorsement, Here are some more.

Lord of the horses-
Auspicious Coincidence, which is, from the performance point of view, a very neat Any Card, Any Number effect. It may not be the final word on this kind of effects but it really comes close to that.

David A Whitehead-
Yes, both books are fantastic. I will post a more thorough review once I've fully digested them. His ACAAN effect is worth the price of the book. It is diabolical. And you don't need a memorized deck!

Joshua Quinn-
I've never done an ACAAN routine because the concept simply didn't excite me, but Auspicious Coincidence has changed that. Patrick's take on the effect is not only exceptionally clean and technically easy, but in reading it I found a presentational angle that appeals to me. I'll definitely be using this one.

And when the DVD comes out I am sure there will be more.
P3
practice practice perform.
magicmalk
View Profile
New user
Northern California
73 Posts

Profile of magicmalk
Count me in. Can't wait. I believe you Ted.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5653 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On 2011-01-31 17:07, JanForster wrote:

It's good, read Patrick's "Mendacity"... Smile Jan

Thanks Jan. And yes, it's really GOOD.

Quote:
On 2011-01-31 19:06, ted french wrote:

Seriously though this routine is very practical just look for some of the routines of the previous version from Mendacity.

Is there a major change between this and the previous version, by way of the gimmick and/ or the handling?

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1908 Posts

Profile of ted french
Included there is a 1 deck impromptu version that is a fooler.
P3
practice practice perform.
HusssKarson
View Profile
Loyal user
Ca, US
265 Posts

Profile of HusssKarson
Looking forward to it. Hope to see the full performance though.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5653 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On 2011-01-31 20:21, ted french wrote:

Included there is a 1 deck impromptu version that is a fooler.

Thanks. Looking forward to it.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Patrick Redford
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1733 Posts

Profile of Patrick Redford
Hey folks.

Just caught wind of this thread! Wowza!

For the record, the version that David Forest put out came out after my version so one could say his is a variation of mine. In reality, it was simply a case of independent creation. My version predates his by several years.

This is a new version that uses a special gimmick. The version from Mendacity does not allow folks to open the box themselves nor does it allow the box to be handled freely by the audience. In this new version called "Hands Off" it does.

If one wanted to, it is possible to toss the deck that's been on display and untouched by the performer out to an audience member, he or she may open the box, remove the cards, and count to the named number to find the named card. In the demo video I open the box simply because.....who cares who opens the dang box!?
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3545 Posts

Profile of Turk
Quote:
On 2011-01-31 19:06, ted french wrote:
***Look we understand that you have been abused and taken advantage of by ACAAN's in the past but baby we've changed I promise we will be good to you this time. Seriously though this routine is very practical just look for some of the routines of the previous version from Mendacity.

Thanks for that, Ted.

You are quite right that many in search of a practical AACAN have "have been abused and taken advantage of by ACAAN's in the past". I value your opinions quite highly and I feel certain that your assurances that this version is "very practical" does much to assuage many peoples' skepticism occasioned by past ACAANs that did not deliver in the manner a reasonable person would have read and understood the glowing ad copy of past versions to portray.

I am looking forward to Patrick's impending release of his latest AACAN version.

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
David Klass
View Profile
Special user
Beckenham, England
895 Posts

Profile of David Klass
Have you any idea of a release date yet Patrick?
Jean-Luc.R.
View Profile
Inner circle
QUEBEC - CANADA
1389 Posts

Profile of Jean-Luc.R.
March 2011
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Patrick Redford DVD on Any Card at Any Number coming soon (3 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL