The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Patrick Redford DVD on Any Card at Any Number coming soon (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1533 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
What I don't understand is that ted french says: "The deck that the revelation comes from(get ready for the screaming caps) IS ON DISPLAY THE WHOLE TIME AND THE PERFORMER TOUCHES IT FOR 1 SECOND TO OPEN THE BOX", whereas Patrick, the creator, states that the performer doesn't need to touch the deck. Maybe ted french was talking about the version from "Mendacity", wasn't he?
Hands-off ACAAN - freely chosen card and number : http://doriancaudal.wix.com/miracaan
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2433 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Quote:
On 2011-02-01 10:41, doriancaudal wrote:
What I don't understand is that ted french says: "The deck that the revelation comes from(get ready for the screaming caps) IS ON DISPLAY THE WHOLE TIME AND THE PERFORMER TOUCHES IT FOR 1 SECOND TO OPEN THE BOX", whereas Patrick, the creator, states that the performer doesn't need to touch the deck. Maybe ted french was talking about the version from "Mendacity", wasn't he?

Watch the video again. It's really not a big deal.
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1533 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
It is important for me! I really want to purchase this, because I am a big fan of Patrick's releases, but before is ti possible to answer these questions?
- Does the performer has to touch the deck in which there is the prediction, even for one second?
- How many decks are implied?
- Is the deck that will be counted on really in FULL view before everything begins? When and how does it "appear"(because on the video, at 0:41, the red deck is NOT on the table, and at 0:57, the red deck has appeared on the table: what is the link?)
- Are there restrictions in the choice of the couple number / card?

By the way, this looks amazing, cannot wait for the release date Smile
Hands-off ACAAN - freely chosen card and number : http://doriancaudal.wix.com/miracaan
Gorecki
View Profile
Loyal user
My servante is currently filled with
267 Posts

Profile of Gorecki
That segment of the video presents two performances edited together. In performance B, you can see that he takes the red deck from the mantlepiece behind him.
I'd say it's safe to assume that in performance A, the red deck was resting in a similar location -- in full view, but out of reach.
Vincent.Santiago
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of Vincent.Santiago
Price?
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
So why the edit?
Magic is a vanishing art.
entermagic
View Profile
Special user
903 Posts

Profile of entermagic
I see just a misleading ads.

He claims that this effect is hands off, I see that he touches the deck. He takes "another" deck and for me this is not hands off.
If the method is hands off he has to ask the spectator to take the red deck and not from himself.

Hands off means: The performer doesn't touch the deck from the start to the end ever.

Just my opinion.

MP
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1533 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
Any precisions from Patrick, himself, to the points we are talking about? That would be great! Also, any idea of the price as it was asked before?
Gorecki
View Profile
Loyal user
My servante is currently filled with
267 Posts

Profile of Gorecki
Once you're done, can you keep the same deck and keep performing other effects?
Patrick Redford
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1733 Posts

Profile of Patrick Redford
Quote:
On 2011-02-01 13:46, doriancaudal wrote:
It is important for me! I really want to purchase this, because I am a big fan of Patrick's releases, but before is ti possible to answer these questions?
- Does the performer has to touch the deck in which there is the prediction, even for one second?
- How many decks are implied?
- Is the deck that will be counted on really in FULL view before everything begins? When and how does it "appear"(because on the video, at 0:41, the red deck is NOT on the table, and at 0:57, the red deck has appeared on the table: what is the link?)
- Are there restrictions in the choice of the couple number / card?

By the way, this looks amazing, cannot wait for the release date Smile

Hey there everyone.

Just to repeat the performer does not have to open the box. The subject may open the box, remove the cards, AND do all the counting UNTOUCHED by the performer. Hence the name "Hands Off"

There are two decks of cards and only two decks of cards openly in display. Actually to be clear there are no other decks in play in secret either.

The cards may be used for another effect at the conclusion of Hands Off. In fact - both decks may be used in any other effect and are left ungimmicked. The deck of cards could in fact be given away at the end of the effect as well.

The deck that will be counted down really is in full view before the effect begins.

There are no restrictions in choice of the number or the card named. This is a true any card at any number.

I hope this helps answer the questions above.
entermagic
View Profile
Special user
903 Posts

Profile of entermagic
Hands off means that you don't touch the deck ever. If you touch the box and then the subject open the box and remove the cards
this effect is not hands off.

Hands off is something like this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdXIVQ-asqU

MP
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Quote:
On 2011-02-01 10:41, doriancaudal wrote:

doriancaudal,

Perhaps the performer does not touch the deck at all--but "merely" touches the box? I sincerely hope we are not playing such a linguistic game.

What I am taking away from both Ted's and Patrick's statements is that the performer does briefly (for one second?) touch the box, but, to the audience (since the deck inside the box is never seen to be touched), the performer is seen to have used a Hands Off methodology. Hence, if you consider the box as part of "the deck", Ted's statement is factually true and Patrick's statement is true as perceived by the audience.

Time will tell what the effect actually entails when "first purchaser" buyers step up to the plate, by the item and then post actual informed reviews.

Still waiting for an answer to my original post asking for the price (including S&H) of this item.
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
Patrick Redford
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1733 Posts

Profile of Patrick Redford
"Hands Off" is the title of the effect. Presentation wise its the theme of the effect. The ad copy doesn't claim the performer doesn't touch anything.

Included in this release is the stage version of the effect allows the subject to remove the deck from a bag they've been holding the entire time. They reach into the bag, they remove the box, they remove the cards from the box and again do all the counting. They know there's a deck in the bag because the subject can feel that it's there.

The box must be removed from the table or mantle or wherever it's been sitting by the performer. It's literally for a moment to hand it or toss it to someone. The box may be opened, cards may be removed and then counted all by an audience member.

I'm not sure on the cost of this DVD as of yet. I apologize for not being able to answer that question.
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1533 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
Thank you very Patrick and Turk for all these precise answers. Cannot wait for the release date! Do you have a precise idea of "when" in March, beginning, end... from Patrick Redford's website only ? Smile
entermagic
View Profile
Special user
903 Posts

Profile of entermagic
Excellent! Hands off is not hands off. (This is a linguistic game Smile )
What are the differences between Hands off and Route 01,
I believe it is same effect, maybe changes only the name.

MP
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1533 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
Entermagic, read again what Patrick wrote : "Just to repeat the performer does not have to open the box. The subject may open the box, remove the cards, AND do all the counting UNTOUCHED by the performer. Hence the name "Hands Off"
It is logical for me that it IS hands off, even if you just have to touch the box for some seconds.
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1907 Posts

Profile of ted french
Hands Off is an updated and improved version of an effect he released years ago before route 1 was released so I doubt they are the same similar maybe but Patrick put the work into this release so that it is improved enough to justify the release. Don't forget there is a bonus impromptu version that is different from the main effect but it is very unique in the world of ACAAN type effects.
P3
practice practice perform.
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
3794 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Yes, Ted, we both think of "Auspicious Coincidence". Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5653 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On 2011-01-31 17:07, JanForster wrote:

It's good, read Patrick's "Mendacity"... Smile Jan

Quote:
On 2011-02-02 18:29, JanForster wrote:

Yes, Ted, we both think of "Auspicious Coincidence". Jan

You first made me to lookup "Mendacity" and then "Auspicious Coincidence"; and in turn I had to look up "Fantasie Impromptu". You really have the knack of keeping us on our toes Jan. Smile Smile

Eagerly looking forward to Patrick’s take on the Any Card @ Any Number plot.

:xmas:
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1321 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
Have a peek at David Britland's "Cardopolis" column in the December issue of Genii Magazine. He details Raynaly's Card At Any Number (originally published in 1908). It's a fantastic, unusual approach to this effect. It's very easy to accomplish, and a real stunner. Best of all, the presentation is wonderful.

Also, for a very fresh, astonishing, and oft-overlooked version, see Guy Hollingworth's "Drawing Room Deceptions (Mike Caveney's Magic Words, 1999). Guy's effect uses a signed card, and the procedure is, dare I say, almost too fair. It's about as perfect an effect as one could ask for and the applications go far beyond Any Card/Any Number.
It's all in the reflexes.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Patrick Redford DVD on Any Card at Any Number coming soon (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL