The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Patrick Redford DVD on Any Card at Any Number coming soon (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1907 Posts

Profile of ted french
He says, Again, it is not necessary to use such a stack or any stack that has any pattern to it.
P3
practice practice perform.
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
3795 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Oh, Ted, I got that already in the first place... Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1907 Posts

Profile of ted french
I know, I was talking about the post before yours.
P3
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
1882 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
I wish there were no cut-away edits in the video as well. You know the ACAAN effect is a very simple one to watch and when I see edits in the performance it raises red flags to me. But as I've stated so many times in the past it will be interesting to see how this version is received by the magic community. I will say this to future inventors of ACAAN---if you make an unedited real life performance video of your ACAAN and its good---I will buy it.

Good magic to all,

Eric
Eshla
View Profile
Inner circle
1239 Posts

Profile of Eshla
I don't think we can blame Patrick for editing it slightly. He does need to hide a bit of the method. The only point that worries me is how much "shuffeling" or changing I have to do in order to get said card to said number - slight of hand is most deffinetly not my specialty. However I am really looking forward to this release; the line of "no, you shouldn't be impressed..." is just brilliant to me and is similar to how Osterlind makes people think he is about to use a deck before saying "let's not use the cards".

I do have one more question though, and it's about the gimmick itself. I have a rough idea of what the gimmick is and what it does, but I was wondering. Can the gimmick be on the table and have giant question marks on it? For example I'd love to start an evenings close-up show by just leaving a deck in full view, with a question Mark on it, and saying "that's for later" very mysteriously. Then later it transpires that the deck is for my final routine, the ACAAN. That would be superb.

I suspect I shall need to cut out the colour changing aspect of the cards, as I will have used the deck previously in the evening; so my audience will know I am using a red deck. If it was a single, stand alone effect, then the colour change would be far easier to pull off - atleast if the methodology works as I think it works.
I come from the future to culture you poor sods with fire.
ReviewerMaster
View Profile
Veteran user
307 Posts

Profile of ReviewerMaster
Patrick's stuff is usually very clever. I am looking forward to this one!
Patrick Redford
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1733 Posts

Profile of Patrick Redford
Quote:
On 2011-02-13 05:35, Eshla wrote:
I don't think we can blame Patrick for editing it slightly. He does need to hide a bit of the method. The only point that worries me is how much "shuffling" or changing I have to do in order to get said card to said number - slight of hand is most definitely not my specialty. However I am really looking forward to this release; the line of "no, you shouldn't be impressed..." is just brilliant to me and is similar to how Osterlind makes people think he is about to use a deck before saying "let's not use the cards".

No shuffling or cuts or passes need to be done to do the secret dirty work. I offer two methods to do the necessary something. One involves no sleight of hand, the other involves a simple invisible move (nothing as difficult as a pass) that involves no complicated math before execution.

Quote:

I do have one more question though, and it's about the gimmick itself. I have a rough idea of what the gimmick is and what it does, but I was wondering. Can the gimmick be on the table and have giant question marks on it? For example I'd love to start an evenings close-up show by just leaving a deck in full view, with a question Mark on it, and saying "that's for later" very mysteriously. Then later it transpires that the deck is for my final routine, the ACAAN. That would be superb.

Yes. The pack that's on the table may have a giant question mark on it.

Quote:
I suspect I shall need to cut out the colour changing aspect of the cards, as I will have used the deck previously in the evening; so my audience will know I am using a red deck. If it was a single, stand alone effect, then the colour change would be far easier to pull off - at least if the methodology works as I think it works.

The decks may still be two different colors even if you choose to have a question mark on one of them. While the footage is not included on the DVD, I perform a few card effects prior to "Hands Off" with a blue deck of cards in play. I'd be happy to work with you after you've purchased the product to iron out any details you need further help with.

-PGR

Posted: Feb 13, 2011 6:59am
------------------------------------
Quote:
On 2011-02-13 00:38, The great Gumbini wrote:
I wish there were no cut-away edits in the video as well. You know the ACAAN effect is a very simple one to watch and when I see edits in the performance it raises red flags to me. But as I've stated so many times in the past it will be interesting to see how this version is received by the magic community. I will say this to future inventors of ACAAN---if you make an unedited real life performance video of your ACAAN and its good---I will buy it.

Good magic to all,

Eric

Eric,

I'm right there with you. Though it wasn't fully my decision to edit the video as it was, I understand the reasons the producers hold for presenting the effect as they have. It is my feeling that the video accurately represents the product and the 5 seconds you don't see don't impact or lesson the power of the effect on an audience of either magicians or real folks. What it would do is give fodder to the rewind button.

Also we'll soon have an uncut impromptu demo up very soon for public viewing.
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1907 Posts

Profile of ted french
This is now available for purchase as an INSTANT DOWNLOAD at Elmwood Magic. Here is the link http://www.elmwoodmagic.com/?nd=full&key=9127
P3
Tragic Geek Patriot
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Tragic Geek Patriot
Will this also be available as a DVD?
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1907 Posts

Profile of ted french
Yes.
P3
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1533 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
Quote:
On 2011-02-13 09:15, ted french wrote:
This is now available for purchase as an INSTANT DOWNLOAD at Elmwood Magic. Here is the link http://www.elmwoodmagic.com/?nd=full&key=9127

So the gimmick is not included with the DVD, if it is already available as an instant download? Am I right, is the gimmick easy to construct? Smile
Hands-off ACAAN - freely chosen card and number : http://doriancaudal.wix.com/miracaan
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2653 Posts

Profile of Tom G
Just wondering how different this is from Route 1, I wouldn't want to re-purchase the
same effect/method. Thanks.
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1907 Posts

Profile of ted french
The gimmick is easy to make and most important it is something you will want to make.
P3
Patrick Redford
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1733 Posts

Profile of Patrick Redford
Tom,

Route 1 doesn't allow for the box to be freely handled . Hands Off does.

Route 1 requires you to use a playing card (a joker) to record the named card and number on for the method to work.

Hands Off requires no writing on the back of any cards. A card is simply named and a number named.

Route 1 doesn't focus on allowing the deck to be on display in full view from start to finish of effect....right up until the very moment of the box being opened. Hands Off does.

Route 1 doesn't allow the subject to remove the cards from the box. Hands Off does.

And finally the box that the cards are removed from at the end may be viewed from all angles.

I hope this clears up some key differences.
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2653 Posts

Profile of Tom G
Great, thanks Patrick.
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1533 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
Any reviews? Smile This product sounds really really great...
Hands-off ACAAN - freely chosen card and number : http://doriancaudal.wix.com/miracaan
ahzhe
View Profile
Regular user
180 Posts

Profile of ahzhe
I will wait for the DVD, sounds promising
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2240 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Anybody get the download yet?

I might just have to purchase it tomorrow from work!

I have a faster computer and can download much faster.

If no reviews are up today, I will take the plunge tomorrow and let everyone know.

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
Tragic Geek Patriot
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Tragic Geek Patriot
It reviews yet!?
drphil
View Profile
Elite user
432 Posts

Profile of drphil
I have the book mendacity and thought the acaan A.C. was very clever but I did have some problems with the handling and following the descriptions of some of the moves. I always thought if it was in a d.v.d. with step by step instructions it would be so easy to fully understand and appreciate this. If this was only the A.C. acaan explained in d.v.d. I would buy this, but Hands Off sounds even better with the ability to hand the box out in full view. I must admit knowing how A.C. works this is baffling to me. I'm looking forward to this.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Patrick Redford DVD on Any Card at Any Number coming soon (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL