The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Paper Cut V2.0 Spectator cuts Aces with a twist... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2760 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
Hi guys,

I came up with this new trick, just thought some of you guys might like to see it.
Thanks and have a nice day!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eWkfLFwxKg
Tell me what ya think!

Best wishes,

Kyle
sushimonster
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of sushimonster
Left some ideas as a comment on the video. You are on to a good effect... keep at it.
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2760 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
Thanks very much SushiMonster, much appreciated!

Kyle
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2760 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
Anymore comments is highly appreciated.

Have a magical day!

Kyle
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5023 Posts

Profile of landmark
I think you're onto something good here. Much cleaner, simpler and direct is to do each spread, and then, boom, turn over each top card. I know you're looking for a twist here, but I think this is one instance where the effect of ace cutting is very powerful and the other kicker really only weakens the effect.

The handling of the last packet should look the same as the other three, that is, you should give it a quick spread as well. I think the DL and color change break up the rhythm of the piece.

So the question is how to deal with the last packet? I think it should be exactly the same as the other ones-no need to preset it.

A few false shuffles to begin with, and increased technique with the main sleight and you've got a keeper!
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2760 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
Thanks Landmark!
That sure brings a smile to my face, I haven't created anything good for a while,been a bit down, but I feel that I am slowly getting back onto the road of creatviity, thanks!
Great tips as well, I've got another video I've been working on for a good while now, I think you'll enjoy it!

Kyle
Tim Dowd
View Profile
Special user
...Making the Magic Happen!
942 Posts

Profile of Tim Dowd
Kyle... much better Smile
Timothy Dowd
...Making the Magic Happen!
http://www.timothydowd.com
http://vimeo.com/channels/mymagic
These are my points of view; I accept no responsibility for your interpretation of what I just said...
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2760 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
Thanks TIm. Smile
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2760 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
I am glad you like it! Smile

Kyle
McAllisterMagic
View Profile
Regular user
196 Posts

Profile of McAllisterMagic
Great job Kyle, keep up the good work!
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2760 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
Thanks Francis! Smile

Kyle Smile
Darth_Prime
View Profile
Veteran user
321 Posts

Profile of Darth_Prime
Oh Bother..

First off your 'Cull' was horrid.. and your 'Colour Change' was Equally as bad..

honest question.. how long have you been doing 'Card Magic'?
ilmungo
View Profile
Loyal user
272 Posts

Profile of ilmungo
Apart from your technique, which should improve with practice, let's talk about the structure of the trick: the point of the" spectator cuts to the aces" plot is that... the spectator cuts to the aces! In your trick, the spectator sucks, and you rule. Whereas I think this is an appropriate attitude to have given your young age, hopefully with experience and humility you will see that it is much more powerful to relinquish the magic, and put it in the hands of the spectator. As Michael Vincent cleverly mentions, you will get credit, but not right away. Maybe after an hour, or a day, or a week, but not in the immediate; take your ego out of it, and let the spectator have the most amazing experience possible.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Paper Cut V2.0 Spectator cuts Aces with a twist... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL