The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Double Box Discovery Review (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

GarySumpter
View Profile
Special user
UK
857 Posts

Profile of GarySumpter
Name: Double Boxes Discovery

Price: http://www.my-magicshop.com/magic-tricks......very.php

Where to buy: 299 EUR

Creator: Magic Wagon

Packaging Quality: The whole package comes in a nice box with foam lining to protect the product.

Instructions Quality: You are supplied with an A4 sheet with printed instructions and diagrams.

Contents: You are supplied with the double boxes discovery, a metal key to lock the inner box and full instructions.

Prop Quality: I can’t rate the quality of this product highly enough. Both of the boxes look stunning on the inside and outside and they really add a touch of class to your magic.

Initial Thoughts: I am officially in love with the double boxes discovery. A spectator can lock any personal object(s) in the smaller box which is in turn placed inside the larger box yet the magicians will always know what the smaller box contains without any funny moves.

After Playing for a while: the ease of use with the double boxes discovery allows you to really focus on your presentation. There are so many ways to perform this and the style and quality of the boxes gives you a lot of patter options as they just look like normal jewellery boxes, (think… something a relative left you when they passed away).

The operation of the box is very simple and is covered by a natural motion. Not 100% angle proof but you have plenty of room to play with. Simply closing the outer box, ‘resets’ everything so you can be pretty hands off at the end of the routine. This really is a beautiful prop that I am very proud to own.

First Performance: I decided to perform this for the local magic club on an evening where lay people were also present. I decided to use this in conjunction with the ‘black box mystery’. The presentation was that the double boxes were my nanna’s jewellery boxes and she always knew exactly what she had in there. I used the double box mystery to see which personal objects had been placed inside the box. I then used a thumb writer, secretly folded the piece of paper and switched it using the black box mystery for a blank piece of paper that the spectator placed in there at the start. Obviously I ‘beefed’ out the patter a lot more.

Overall Audience Reaction: The magic club really appreciated the story telling nature of the routine and love the organic appearance of the boxes involved. This really is a quality bit of kit and a real pleasure to use.

Pros: STUNNING props. Perfect operation. Very sneaky

Cons: Requires angle considerations but easy to overcome with a little thought.

Value for Money: If you think you deserve a treat and want to buy a quality item, this should be top of your list, I am over the moon with the double box discovery.

Buy it at Magic Shop
LukeB
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

Profile of LukeB
Those links don't work for me.
What exactly does the box do?

Luke
chanor
View Profile
Regular user
New York City
104 Posts

Profile of chanor
Beautiful props but not easy to do. The angle problems are serious for me except for a one-on-one presentation.
dragonash
View Profile
Veteran user
the sticks
380 Posts

Profile of dragonash
anton.magician
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of anton.magician
For front perfomance on stage it's perfect!
edshern
View Profile
Special user
957 Posts

Profile of edshern
Gary. Thanks for this review. There is a group of MW lovers on the Café that I know would love to see it.
So, I hope you don't mind , but I posted a link to it it here;
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......t=3030#9

Thanks again,
Ed
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Double Box Discovery Review (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL