The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Bullet-Party - John Bannon!!! » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Your Thinking Cap
View Profile
Veteran user
398 Posts

Profile of Your Thinking Cap
John Bannon is back with his latest collection of fractal magic tricks. Here is the official description:
Quote:
John Bannon, internationally-renowned magic guru, is back, unleashing two new discs crammed with fantastic material.

An unabashed packet trick aficionado, Bannon presents two new red-hot fractal blockbusters, Bullet Party and Mega 'Wave. (Fractal -- high impact packet tricks that end clean and examinable). Simple to do. Multiple climaxes. And killer, killer magic. You get all the necessary cards (13 USPCC printed pasteboards). With just a couple of easy moves, you'll have two miracles on your hands that you will perform every time you do magic.

If two sophisticated "fractal" packet tricks are not enough, Bannon brings on another eleven jaw-dropping card tricks (and one brilliant in-the-hands false cut). All with regular cards. All virtually impromptu. All with no difficult moves.

Demo (Mr. Bannon performs Bullet Party): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7TOAynNx9U
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Oh, man. I cannot wait to see this!
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
crestfallenLyric
View Profile
Veteran user
307 Posts

Profile of crestfallenLyric
I just watched it AND I HAVE TO USE CAPS ALSO TO EXPRESS HOW EXCITED I AM!!!!!! I always tell people if I have to bring 1 dvd set with me to a deserted island, it'll be Bullets After Dark. Now with this new set, how am I supposed to answer that question?!

I seriously can't wait. Preorder finger is ready for preorder!!!
"It is better for a man to honor his profession, than to be honored by it." - Robert-Houdin
fvdbeek
View Profile
Elite user
490 Posts

Profile of fvdbeek
The Bullet Party has a lot in common with Paul Gordons Triple kick Monte.
Darius666
View Profile
Veteran user
London
368 Posts

Profile of Darius666
It does indeed, and Mr Bannon has made it a million times better!!!
Your Thinking Cap
View Profile
Veteran user
398 Posts

Profile of Your Thinking Cap
Well Paul Gordon has been doing a lot of work similar to Bannon's (Royal Flush Scam, and Psychodelic Foursome), so I wouldn't be suprised if Bannon started doing some Gordon-similar tricks. But yes I agree that it looks like Triple Kick Mote, but this routine looks more streamlined.
martyjacobs
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1405 Posts

Profile of martyjacobs
Yeah Bullet Party appears to be a slightly cleaner / more logical version of Triple Kick Monte by Paul Gordon. Looks like John has returned the favour and produced a variation of Gordon's trick. I like it (I also like Triple Kick Monte).

It might be worth pointing out that both these routines are based on The Four Card Trick by the late (and very great) Alex Elmsley.

Marty
John Carey
View Profile
V.I.P.
1057 Posts

Profile of John Carey
Fantastic piece.

John
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6078 Posts

Profile of motown
Very Nice!
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Jean-Luc.R.
View Profile
Inner circle
QUEBEC - CANADA
1457 Posts

Profile of Jean-Luc.R.
Become a card-carrying member of the Bullet Party.

John Bannon, internationally-renowned magic guru, is back, unleashing two new discs crammed with fantastic material.

An unabashed packet trick aficionado, Bannon presents two new red-hot fractal blockbusters, Bullet Party and Mega ‘Wave. (Fractal – high impact packet tricks that end clean and examinable). Simple to do. Multiple climaxes. And killer, killer magic. You get all the necessary cards (13 USPCC printed pasteboards). With just a couple of easy moves, you’ll have two miracles on your hands that you will perform every time you do magic.

If two sophisticated “fractal” packet tricks are not enough, Bannon brings on another eleven jaw-dropping card tricks (and one brilliant in-the-hands false cut). All with regular cards. All virtually impromptu. All with no difficult moves.

VOLUME I

VOLUME II

Bullet Party

Mega ‘Wave

Final Verdict

Fat City Revisited

Box Jumper

Wicked

Riverboat Poker

Bullet Catcher

Poker Pairadox Redux

Drop Target Aces

Fractal Re-Call (Revised)

Four Shadow Aces

Crocodile False Cut

Big Fat Bluff Aces

BULLET PARTY - An Ace of Spades and three Jokers. Follow the Ace and ignore the Jokers—if you can—before the bullets start flying and all four cards change.

What once were Jokers are now the Ace of Clubs, Hearts, and Diamonds. Complete with subtitles: Each new Ace has a message for the spectator written on its face. Finally, the Ace of Spades is flipped over to reveal a different colour back AND another note for the audience.

Remember - everything is examinable. There is nothing for the audience to find. Easy to do. Easy reset. Absolutely stunning magic!!

MEGA ‘WAVE - The performer exhibits two sets of four cards. The first consists of the four Queens. The second packet is wrapped with a wide band. Any Queen is named (NO force).

Demonstrating the difference between sleight-of-hand magic and mentalism, you take Queens and do a “move” (not really) to reverse the named Queen reversed in the centre of the packet. That’s ‘sleight of hand magic’.

Demonstrating psychic ability, you take the banded packet (which has been in plain sight), remove the band, and show that the named Queen is reversed in the middle of the packet. Somehow, you knew ahead of time which Queen would be selected! To remove all doubt, the named Queen has a different colored back! And, it’s the only Queen in the packet, the rest are all Jokers!

All of these cards may be examined. No extra cards are used; nothing is added or taken away. The cards are in plain sight at all times, nothing is placed behind the performer’s back or under the table. And best of all – the trick is easy to do!

WAY MORE. Eleven more card tricks. Four unusual Ace routines to be done together or separately. Produce. Re-produce. Assemble. Change. Disassemble. Bannon’s faux-poker fractal matching trick that now resets instantly. A fabulous, self-working poker deal. Plus transpositions, transformations, and transportations. Modern, impromptu card magic, expertly wrought and expertly taught.

Welcome to the party!

REVIEWS

"The readers digest version of my thoughts on the new Bannon DVD set "Bullet Party" by Big Blind Media- buy this DVD set and study it closely- it is superb.

OK now for the more extended version. While John Bannon and his cohorts Simon Aronson and David Solomon have had a major influence on magic, I realized many have truly overlooked their magic or have studied it in a very shallow manner. For those of you who don't know, John Bannon is a big time attorney in Chicago representing big time corporate clients. So John may not be the hippest performer on the block but I'd guess that most of us fall into league with his style as opposed to those we unfortunately try to emulate from the new DVD by the cool funny guy doing transparent magic for a group of screaming spectators. What John does bring to the table is a deep understanding of good magic, layering his effects so that they are VERY deceptive. Do NOT make the mistake of overlooking John’s magic.

Over the last few months of working on a new project I have spent a lot of time and effort considering and studying the magic of Bannon, Aronson, and Solomon. They all have magic that is so well thought out, so deceptive, and so usable. John’s newest DVD set “Bullet Train” highlights this well. The DVDs are nicely produced by Big Blind Media. They are clean, crisp, and clear. Each piece starts with John giving a brief background of the effect. John then performs each piece for real people so you see how strong these items play. Keep in mind that John’s style is most likely closer to what you and I truly do than what we sometimes think we do.

John then goes through each piece in meticulous detail. The DVDs are filled with some great pieces you will USE. I found myself thinking over and over “brilliant”, “great idea”, etc. Even if you don't use one of the items you should study these DVDs closely as John shares many wonderful ideas that will make your card magic better (and sometimes easier through subtleties). As an example, at the end of a card to box sequence, John shares an idea by Larry West where you stick the selected card back into the card box protruding from it to cement in the idea of where the card just came from. In another sequence, John shares the “Oops” idea… a great way to get control of a larger sequence of cards instantly through subtlety as opposed to brute force counting. It’s ingenious, it’s smart, it's the thinking that makes better magic. Watch for John's great handling of the Benzais Spin Out in a vertical manner- it's very good and will find many uses. During all of this John gives careful crediting and insight into why he has created the items in the manner he has.

Highlights for me included “Mega Wave”. This one effect is worth the price of the set and something I am sure many will use. The handling is brilliant and the effect will knock the audience for a loop. Normally I am not a fan of packet effects but this is one I'll be adding. It may well be one of the strongest packet effects out there period. Poker Pairadox is another brilliant effect revolving around Texas Hold Em but with no need for a true understanding of Poker. It’s so well thought out you'll do it just to enjoy the methodology. The effect is very strong and very deceptive. Some great effects from Poker demonstrations to ace assemblies to packet effects.

I highly recommend these DVDs. If you have not watched John’s prior set Bullet Train, do yourself a favor and go back and watch these. Many of the routines on both DVD sets have been in various books by John but in these DVDs John often adds in new handlings, thoughts, and ideas." TIM TRONO
Jean-Luc.R.
View Profile
Inner circle
QUEBEC - CANADA
1457 Posts

Profile of Jean-Luc.R.
Shipped on FEB 25

Preorder now

Special with a BOOK also

(please note the Bulletparty book contains similar material to the DVD,but is a fantastic collector's item!)

http://www.bigblindmedia.com/bulletparty.htm
Jean-Luc.R.
View Profile
Inner circle
QUEBEC - CANADA
1457 Posts

Profile of Jean-Luc.R.
Bill Hallahan
View Profile
Inner circle
New Hampshire
3223 Posts

Profile of Bill Hallahan
This topic is continued at John Bannon, "Bullet Party", i.e. the same topic Jean-Luc.R. found. Thank you Jean-Luc.R.!
Humans make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to create boredom. Quite astonishing.
- The character of ‘Death’ in the movie "Hogswatch"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Bullet-Party - John Bannon!!! » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL