The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Newswire by Dodd Vickers » » Broken Wand :: Tim Conover (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
rbattle
View Profile
Loyal user
266 Posts

Profile of rbattle
One of the few that I could sit and watch and not care what he was doing, just that I was there and having a great time.

Robert
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2876 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
An extraordinary loss, almost too much for words. The world is lees one wonderful man today but he lives on through the effects he had one us all.
Piers
View Profile
Inner circle
A Limited Edition of
1394 Posts

Profile of Piers
Very sad.

I hope he finds the peace of mind 'up there', that perhaps he didn't find 'down here'.

Piers.
Smile

www.justgiving.com/piers-cancer-fund

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-2

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-3

Finished my 4 months of Chemotherapy in 2009. 3 monthly checks since... and into 2021!

As seen on the QE2 and QM2.

Author of Salem's Cornucopia - SUC Book
Withnail
View Profile
Special user
974 Posts

Profile of Withnail
Any man's death diminishes me. For I am part of mankind.

Rest in peace, with thoughts to those left behind.
Yet again that oaf has destroyed my day
MagiCaleb
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of MagiCaleb
He's now free of any issues now. He told me he was writing a book (this was 7 years ago) about one of his tricks. I forget it, though. The trick had to do with half dollars. Either they were transporting from one cylinder to another, "magically", or it was one where you choose a half dollar, take note of the year, put the lot of half dollars in a transparent cup, shakes them around, and it has bent. It was truly amazing.
mental4u
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of mental4u
We booked him several times at the TAOM over the last several years. He did his hour long close up show and he also did his 45 minute corporate mentalism act. He was an expert in both. He is the finest mentalist that I have ever seen, by far. I have attended all of the MINDVENTIONS, except for the first. Know one held a candle to him.

His act was fun, and it looked real. This was the way mentalism should look. His excitement and enthusiasm for entertaining was second to none.

God bless him and his family.

Gregg Lancaster
Mental Masterpieces
College Station, Texas
magicnewswire
View Profile
Inner circle
1947 Posts

Profile of magicnewswire
The Memorial Service celebrating Tim's life will be held on Friday, February 18th at 6:00 pm
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
2397 Newstead Drive
Virginia Beach, VA 23454

The following message was posted in the comments thread of my report on Tim's passing ( http://bit.ly/dHijZ2 ), But I thought that I'd share it here for those that do not read comments to insure that more see it.

In addition, you can read a touching memorial to Tim from a friend here: http://bit.ly/fv1r2f

Timothy Gene Conover was born at 1:25 AM on April 1, 1959. He has been our pride and joy from that day forward. The nurses in the hospital where he was born insisted that he would be famous one day. It has taken days for me to write my feelings, and only now do I realize there are no words to express the pain of losing our Tim. God Bless my dear child.
Mom
Dodd Vickers

Host/Producer/Editor

The Magic Newswire

Twitter

iTunes Link
Bill Brunelle
View Profile
Regular user
192 Posts

Profile of Bill Brunelle
Thanks for posting that lengthy piece, Dodd. It's really great.
Anyone interested in knowing more about Tim will really enjoy it.
The link Dodd posted above is http://bit.ly/fv1r2f
Deeply affecting.
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
Tim's passing is a real tragedy.

I've known Tim for about 35 years, ever since he started out in magic as a teenager. I watched him develop into a world class coin worker, then into a top card worker, and lastly into a mentalist without peer.

Everything that Tim touched turned to gold. He came as close to perfection as I've ever seen in every single aspect of magic and mentalism, which is saying a lot given the number of performers that I've known and seen in the 48 years that I've been into magic. Tim was unusually talented in every single area -- sleight of hand, choreography, misdirection, psychology, creativity, routining, energy, acting, connecting with an audience, etc. It’s quite an achievement for someone to excel in any one of these areas. It’s remarkable that Tim excelled in all of them.

I remember watching a stage magician with Tim, and after the performance, I mentioned to Tim that I was impressed with the strong audience reaction. Who could ask for more? Tim could. His response to me was that the audience wouldn't remember the magician a week after the performance. Tim wasn’t being mean, he was just being honest, and he was absolutely right. Audiences not only reacted strongly to Tim's performances, they remembered him. If you ask some of the world's most famous magicians and mentalists to name the best that they have ever seen, many would say that Tim was not only among the best, he was THE best. And besides being talented, he was a sincere, kind, and sharing man.

Genius frequently comes at a cost, and sadly Tim paid the ultimate price. It’s a d*** shame, and he’ll be sorely missed. Rest in peace, Tim.

Sorry for rambling, I just wanted to share some initial thoughts.

Larry
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
Western Canada...where all that oil is
4005 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
Your sharing memories means quite a bit. It helps make his life more real to those of us who never met him.

There's a keen grief at his passing. It is quite touching to read.

David
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you.

My books are here: www.magicpendulums.com
www.MidnightMagicAndMentalism.com
Sean Macfarlane
View Profile
Special user
880 Posts

Profile of Sean Macfarlane
I am saddened to hear this! I have always wanted to meet him and watch him work. R.I.P Tim.

Sean
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Newswire by Dodd Vickers » » Broken Wand :: Tim Conover (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL