The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Broadcast Private Spam Messages » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

William Draven
View Profile
Elite user
Las Vegas, NV
486 Posts

Profile of William Draven
It's possible that I've missed this somewhere, but is there a way I can opt out of receiving Mr. Brooks broadcast private messages advertising this or that product that I get twice a month or so here? I've looked through the edit preferences section but it seems the only private messages I can blanket block are ones from other members, not staff.

If there isn't a way to turn off the spam, is it possible to add this as a function in the near future? I hate getting an email telling me I have a private message at the Magic Café, only to get here and find out it's just some pointless blast about a product that I may not care about.

Thanks,
Will
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4854 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
This has been brought up in the past. When you registered on the Café, you agreed to receive these messages from the Café. It's stated in the rules. Like any other PM, if you're not interested in it, just ignore it. It will automatically go away or you can delete it.

While you may not be interested in the message, we have thousands of others that are. These messages are sent as a courtesy to our friends and members.

It is important that you receive staff messages, especially those from Steve Brooks. They are not all advertisements. Some relate directly to the operation of the Café and let members know of changes or problems that we are experiencing. Reading those messages may reduce the number of questions asked in the manager forum concerning these changes.
Where the magic begins
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3780 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Well said Dave. Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Broadcast Private Spam Messages » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL